gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

Dream Chronicles Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by gimmegames on May 24, 10 1:13 AM
I've demoed this game several times before and didn't buy it because it's so easy to get stuck, as you can see from this forum. However, I've always adored the wonderful graphics environment of the game.

Since it's the deal of the week though, I'm glad to buy it even if I never manage to see it to the end lol.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

Re:Dream Chronicles Comments and Reviews

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 24, 10 9:09 AM
Have also demoed before and with no walkthrough on this site, have
not bought, 'cause I do get easily lost on these types of games.

However, it is beautiful and music so soothing that at this price
I'm really tempted. Noticed only 30 minute trial today, so less time to
decide. Well, playing time, do have an entire week for purchase.

Curious if anyone has made use of that walkthrough on "you know
where" and is it as good as the ones usually posted here?

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 24, 10 7:34 PM
I quite liked this demo, even though it's not really my genre (which is TM), because I felt that there was a logic to the tasks (so far anyway) so could enjoy trying to work them out instead of being spoon fed. So far (only 30 mins in!) I have been able to work out what I needed to do but used help to find things more quickly and get further during the demo time.

I might even buy it as CotW although I wouldn't at full price just because I don't think it will last as long as TM games generally do.

joyce2121 wrote:Curious if anyone has made use of that walkthrough on "you know
where" and is it as good as the ones usually posted here?

Hi Joyce . For the demo, I used a walkthrough from another site every time I went for more than a few seconds unable to find something that I knew I needed.

I can't compare it to any here for you as I haven't really used any yet, but I can tell you that it did get me moving again quickly each time.

Edited on 05/24/2010 at 8:05:18 PM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on May 25, 10 7:15 AM
Thanks Daisy_Mae,

That makes it a sure buy at this price.

[Post New]by Columbia999 on May 25, 10 2:26 PM
I hated this game. It was way too short, it only seemed about half an hour after the trial ended that the game ended as well and I felt cheated. A lot of the puzzles were virtually impossible and just had to be done from the walkthrough, as it would have taken for ever to work them out, especially the ones with the lights and stairs. The business of picking up the Dream Jewels was a major pain, as you have to click three times on each stone to pick it up, which was time-consuming and boring.
I preferred the Chosen Child, and felt that this one was very poor value for money, even at $2.99! A pretty looking game but not much substance to it.

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on May 25, 10 5:00 PM
I bought this as the Catch of the Week and loved it.

The atmosphere was great and the puzzles for the most part doable. My short term memory ain't the greatest so I had my husband do the musical notes puzzle and the stairway puzzle but other than that I thought the puzzles were great because I could figure them out without help, (except for the one to turn on the lights which Momhart kindly provided the answer here somewhere.)

The art was just so darn pretty as was the music and I quite liked the story. It took me eleven hours probably because I just plodded along often by trial and error on some of the puzzles but I enjoyed getting them done so for me it was plenty long enough.

Anyway now I'm hooked and will definitely be checking out the others in the series.

[Post New]by OregonPandora on May 25, 10 6:26 PM
Hi Joyce2121: A lot of the walkthroughs you find when you GOOGLE: Game name walkthrough) are the same ones here, you just have a bigger choice of other ones too all in one place.

Daisy_May
Stingray
Stingray
5,050 Posts

[Post New]by Daisy_May on May 25, 10 9:06 PM
Columbia999 wrote: The business of picking up the Dream Jewels was a major pain, as you have to click three times on each stone to pick it up, which was time-consuming and boring.

I noticed had to click more than once and could have done without that. (I seem to remember it taking only two clicks for each but I have been playing the film game for hours and concentrating hard on that, so it seems like last week that I played this demo instead of yesterday!)

Edited on 05/25/2010 at 9:13:48 PM PST

Shastanna
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by Shastanna on May 26, 10 7:48 AM
This is the game that got me started on Hidden object games. I love the graphics, the music, the story, everything.

Some may not agree, but I envy people who are discovering it for the first time.

Enjoy!

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on May 26, 10 8:56 PM
My daughter and I have demoed this game at various sites since it first came out, but we have never purchased it until now with it being the weekly special.

I usually never read all the dialogue in a game, but my daughter does so she is enjoying all the information about the different fairies (yes we are Disney and Pixie Hollow fans here). Yes, this game can be very frustrating if you are not familiar with it. Some of the objects are really difficult to find because they are small and/or blend in well with their background. Because it can be so frustrating figuring out what to do next, this can seem like a very long game. However, with the wonderful walkthrough on another site and we are good to go. Overall, a deal at $2.99.

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on May 27, 10 7:05 AM
I bought this coz it was only $2.99! I have played one of the sequels and I think that was better.
When I first dl'd this, I thought it was the same game - there's some very similar screens. Maybe it's supposed to be that way?
Worth the price as a deal but wouldn't have paid $6.99.

Go to: