Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Viking Brothers 3 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 26, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/26/2017 at 8:51:02 AM PST

Trixietrx
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Viking Brothers 3 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Trixietrx on Dec 26, 17 6:48 AM
Can't play, so slow, but even turning off tutorial, I'm frozen once I complete the 2nd level and the game doesn't move on. Playing on Chrome, System Windows 10. Was really looking forward to this, but alas, if I can't even test it, I'm not gonna buy it.

grannigin
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by grannigin on Dec 26, 17 8:47 AM
Having same issues with being slow and freezing only differences are I am using Microsoft windows 10, not chrome as previous person was and I was foolish enough to buy it, knowing from playing their other games that I would enjoy it.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 26, 17 8:50 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 26, 17 8:56 AM
Hello Trixietrx and grannigin,

It sounds like the game has been running too slowly to play, and I'm really sorry to hear that. Let's try troubleshooting to see what can be done.

When a game runs slowly, updating the video card driver and running it in Administrator Mode can help improve its performance. The video card driver directs how a computer's graphics display, and its developers regularly release updated versions to ensure everything continues running smoothly. Running a game in Administrator Mode also ensures it has all the necessary permissions and improves the game's relationship with the computer. The following help pages will walk you through those processes.

Update Video Card Driver (Computer)

If those suggestions don't fix the game's performance, please contact our Technical Support Team.

Should there be any remaining or new questions, you're also welcome to PM me or another moderator. We'll gladly provide help.

bfgBeruna

bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by bettums on Dec 26, 17 10:24 AM
this was my original post this morning: "Stuck on level 2. Tried in both modes but it won't go any further when I finish the level. anyone else having that problem? "

I don't see an answer to this problem. Please tell me what i have to do. i am a big fan of these games.

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Dec 26, 17 12:25 PM
why is the game trying to set a resolutuon of 1380x0?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 26, 17 2:41 PM
Hello bettums and jtrigg,

Thanks for reaching out to the Moderation Team. I'm swimming by to provide some help.

It sounds like you might have encountered a progression block, bettums, and I'm sorry to hear this. When a game won't advance properly, I suggest the same steps as I do with display or performance issues: updating the video card driver and running the game as an administrator. Both processes (instructions for which can be found in the help pages below) will improve how the game runs on the computer.

Update Video Card Driver (Computer)

Since I'm not able to see exactly what's happening with the game, I'm not able to answer when the resolution for your computer is being reset, jtrigg. Our games do have high quality graphics, and viewing them in a larger resolution can really make the artwork pop. If you'd like to lower the screen resolution, please feel free to do so. The help page below contains those instructions, just in case.

Screen Resolution

If these suggestions don't resolve the issue, please reach out to our Technical Support Team. Should any new questions arise, you're also always welcome to PM me or another moderator. Thanks for your understanding.

bfgBeruna

Trixietrx
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Trixietrx on Dec 26, 17 3:06 PM
Sorry, if more than one person has the same problem, I'm not switching my computer around just to find out it still won't work. When you put out a fix, let me know.

bettums
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by bettums on Dec 26, 17 4:37 PM
I agree with Trixietrx. I am not the only person with that problem so it is not me or my computer. There is something wrong with the game. I am really disappointed because I really like the Viking brothers and other games of the same ilk. Hopefully there will be a fix soon. Thanks.

[Post New]by peecee50 on Dec 26, 17 7:32 PM
i can't get into the game at all, gives resolution error even tho my computer is always in 1920...says trying lower resolution and then error
i purchased this knowing i like the viking bros games, but now wish i had at least tried and had it fail...boo hiss

[Post New]by peecee50 on Dec 26, 17 8:03 PM
well, i set the resolution manually to 1440 and the game worked...i reset the resolution back to 1920 and ran the game again and it worked just fine then...don't get the issue with resolution, but after the above, at least i could play the game.

kkreisman
Clownfish
Clownfish
535 Posts

[Post New]by kkreisman on Dec 27, 17 1:08 AM
Can't play it all. Took nearly 5 minutes to get to 1st playable screen. It was all "pinked out". I love the Viking Brothers games, but sorry, won't be buying this one.

Video card is updated. Playing on Dell Dimension E510, Windows XP. Yes I know it's an old computer and outdated operating system, but your specs do say it was developed for Windows XP.

Bar80
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Bar80 on Dec 27, 17 2:14 AM
Getting same error message about screen resolution. Too aggravating to deal with so I just deleted the game. Not worth it. Sorry to say

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by ajwiggin on Dec 27, 17 2:34 AM
Finish level 2 and it will not move on to next level. Same problem as many others.
Windows 10

Edited on 12/27/2017 at 2:34:43 AM PST

[Post New]by sharonblain on Dec 27, 17 4:34 AM
all i am getting is a black screen and the cursor just bought this game !!!!

[Post New]by westielover on Dec 27, 17 6:16 AM
I too am getting screen resolution error message. Don't want to manually change as I've never had this problem before. Have deleted game which is a shame as I have enjoyed this series previously.
Noticed others have mentioned recent windows update and agree that this could have caused problem. Tried changing screen resolution then went back to original and game now works

Edited on 12/28/2017 at 1:17:22 PM PST

[Post New]by sharonblain on Dec 27, 17 8:37 AM
not happy at all whats the point in having a game that Ipaid for that doesn't work

[Post New]by mhwhetsell on Dec 27, 17 11:12 AM
Same problem here, screen resolution issue. Game will not even start (and yes I updated my drivers just in case).

[Post New]by deeforest on Dec 27, 17 11:33 AM
I am having the same issue with the screen resolution... not just this game but several others of games I had previously been able to play. I think it has something to do with the latest Microsoft update.

Go to: