Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Viking Brothers 3 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 26, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/26/2017 at 8:57:22 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Viking Brothers 3 Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 26, 17 8:57 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Viking Brothers 3 Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Viking Brothers 3 Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 26, 17 9:04 AM

YAY FOR VIKING BROTHERS NAY FOR THE COLLECTOR'S EDITION VERSION

Viking Brothers are all very entertaining Time Management games, and I will admit, this third edition presents quite a challenge. This is a Strategy based TM game, and if you don't apply the right tasks at the right times, you'll probably earn less than 3 stars. During the demo, I found myself having to replay several levels, and applying different strategies, otherwise I was lucky to earn 1 star. You can play in a relaxed un-timed mode, if you don't like fast paced games, but if you're looking for a fast paced, challenging game, look no further.

The graphics are fantastic, and the music doesn't seem obtrusive or repetitive. I do have a couple of complaints however, it's nearly impossible to read the story's dialog, because the paragraph's are somewhat lengthy and don't linger long enough to be able to read them before the next dialog page loads. Why can't they add a feature that allows you to "rewind, pause, or fast-forward" the dialog at your own pace. Many games that require you to read dialog text, offer a feature for skipping the text, but almost none of them allow you to rewind or pause it, isn't the story line important to it's creator's? Another feature never offered in a Time Management game is a Hint feature. I would much rather have a Hint feature than a Strategy Guide, I can't tell you how many times I've gotten stumped in a TM game, trying to figure out what I have to do to go through a portal, or secret passage way, and clicking on a Hint icon would be so useful. I don't want to know exactly what I have to do, each and every move or task, but sometimes a little nudge in the right direction would be epic! My final complaint is that all TM games should have a Casual, Normal and Expert difficulty mode available, which this one does not! Having an in between mode would be perfect, that way I could get the feel of the game in a mode slightly less challenging the first time around, then as I get into the swing of it, I could switch to Expert mode to push myself a little harder.

Each level gives you the goals before you begin, and are also shown during the level for reference at the top right of the screen. There is a Star status Progress Bar located on the Left side of the screen, to show you when you are about to lose a star. If you don't achieve at least one star, you will have to replay the level to progress. On the top left of the screen, there is an inventory bar that shows your resources and the amount you currently have. If you scan over a task with your cursor, it will tell you the amount of each resource required to complete the task. If you click on a task that cannot be completed due to a lack of resources, it will tell you which resources and the amount you are lacking. On the bottom of the screen, there is a Bonus Progress Bar, that refills slowly. Some levels only offer one bonus, some levels offer two, so you can either choose the first Bonus, or wait until the meter reaches the second bonus to apply it. There are bonuses that make the workers move super fast, Extra workers, extra resources or bonuses that freeze time briefly.

VIKING BROTHERS GAMES AVAILABLE
Title***Release Date***Average Rating
1-Viking Brothers (April 12-2013) 3.9
2-Viking Brothers 2 (March 22-2017) 3.6
3-Viking Brothers 3 (December 26-2017) n/a
by: **** & Stargaze

This Collector's Edition has 5 Wallpapers, 12 Concept Art pictures, 6 Music Soundtracks, 44 Achievements to earn, 40 regular Levels, 5 Chipmaster regular Levels, 10 Collector's Edition Bonus Levels, 3 Collector's Edition Chipmaster Levels, and a Strategy Guide.

I'm still not a fan of Time Management games being offered in a Collector's Edition. I could care less about Wallpapers and Concept Art pictures, I don't want a Strategy Guide because I want to figure it out for myself. In my opinion, the Bonus levels available in the CE versions, would have been available in a normal version, but they lump the last 10 levels together and say they are "Bonus CE Levels" If Wallpapers and a Strategy Guide are features you're willing to pay twice as much for, or you gotta have the game now, I suppose it would be worthy, but I will wait patiently for the Standard Edition version to be released, enjoy!

sheb61
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sheb61 on Dec 26, 17 11:17 AM
WAY too much dialogue

Penny1942
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by Penny1942 on Dec 26, 17 1:01 PM
Fun game, thanks for the relaxed mode, awesome graphics, cute characters, music good, but chatty cathy has been let loose in this game, they never shut up and let you get on with it. In addition, the info dialogue boxes at the beginning of each level move so fast you have to be a speed reader to finish before it has zipped away. My only complaint is that the workers have to go get the produced goods and they are not effective until the worker gets back to home base.

karenmusik
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by karenmusik on Dec 26, 17 1:05 PM
What they said.

Fun game, but don't see what the advantage a Collector's Edition has. There are things that look like they should be collectibles, but aren't. Way too much dialogue. There is also an annoying lag between the end of a level and the next level showing up on the map. Click "play" too soon and you replay the same level because the next one hasn't appeared yet.

I enjoyed this game but will wait for the SE and use a free game code on it.

McKoehn
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by McKoehn on Dec 27, 17 8:00 AM
Great creativity: the artwork is fantastic. Love the colors, the change in scenery, and the imagination that went into this game. I think it is a 10 on a scale of 1 to 10 and the creators should be proud of themselves. Thanks for a fantastic game!

Csustar
Clownfish
Clownfish
565 Posts

[Post New]by Csustar on Dec 30, 17 9:12 AM
Yay, another Viking brothers. Booooo to all the dialogue!!! What a waste of time. Could care less about the wallpapers, concept art, which all that could be turned into more levels to do.
Ok for collectors edition if...........more levels !!!
Every time I need to replay a level, dialogue, dialogue, so boring.
I do love time management/strategy games, so few among the multiples of HO.
Please more tm strategy games. A little less dialogue.
Thank you.

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Dec 31, 17 10:34 AM
I was looking thru my Games Manager and discovered this in the "Games You'll Love" section--whoa, talk about hidden. So I got it sight unseen and it's cuter than ever off the bat. I like that resources accumulate if not picked up right away. Gotta add my 2 cents to others: enough already with the chitchat! Haven't gotten too far yet, but for those who played VB2--let's hope not another bug like with the impossible level 36!

Like what I see, maybe too early for Viking Bros. 4 but hey!

darkhalf01
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by darkhalf01 on Jan 3, 18 4:51 PM
Whilst this was a fun game, it's not really much different from the first two. There is nothing CE worthy about this game, unless you really like wallpapers and need a strategy guide. Also, the music in the levels was super quiet, and between levels was extremely loud. The best part was the resources accumulating if not picked up.

versco999
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by versco999 on Jan 8, 18 2:44 PM
sheb61 wrote:WAY too much dialogue

Ditto

Also, I think there should be another mode other than "relaxed". I enjoy the challenge of the levels but think sometime that there should be something with a time limit that is not as difficult to get 3 stars.

dollfaye
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by dollfaye on Jan 23, 18 3:46 AM
versco999 wrote:
sheb61 wrote:WAY too much dialogue

Ditto

Also, I think there should be another mode other than "relaxed". I enjoy the challenge of the levels but think sometime that there should be something with a time limit that is not as difficult to get 3 stars.

I totally agree. Relaxed is not challenging at all but the only other level is just too hard for many of us.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Jan 24, 18 11:10 PM
I really enjoyed this game, especially after having played a recent TM dud but I dont see any reason to pay extra just for wallpapers, etc. that I'll never use. And I definitely could not care an itty bitty bit less about the other extras that usually come with the higher price.

Its too bad developers haven't caught onto this by now.
Give me some incentive to & I'll gladly buy the more expensive versions.

But anyway, this was good. Definitely recommend getting the standard version.

Go to: