Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Gingerbread Story here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 26, 17 12:41 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/26/2017 at 8:58:13 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Gingerbread Story here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 26, 17 8:58 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Gingerbread Story here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Gingerbread Story.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 26, 17 10:21 AM

STICKY MESS

Another sugary sweet Match 3 game with Limited Moves, and some really annoying features! I became so annoyed with the little girl saying whoo who, every time I made a match, and as if that wasn't annoying enough, they had to throw in a witch that kept making all kinds of evil grunts and groans. I've never been a fan of Limited Moves Match 3 games, but if they are fun, I'm willing to overlook it, unfortunately this game isn't fun.

The story makes no sense to me at all, a grown woman visits the local candy shop every morning. That's a whole lotta sweets, who goes to a candy store every day much less in the morning? Today however, she sees something new that catches her eye, a gingerbread house. She's struggling to recall what it is about this house that looks familiar, oh yea, she suddenly remembers that as a child her and her brother wandered into the forest and stumbled upon a real Gingerbread House. (okay possible easy to forget) Then the Witch offers them a treat (okay unlikely to forget a witch with her favorite sweets) and lo and behold, it was a trick and the evil witch kidnaps her brother! (extremely unlikely this part isn't memorable)

skpjazz
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
491 Posts

[Post New]by skpjazz on Dec 26, 17 3:28 PM
I played this game elsewhere (it's been out awhile), and I agree with pennmom36 as far as the annoying sound effects. She didn't mention also the annoying crying of the little girl if you lose the level, LOL! But, if you turn off the sound as well as ignore the fact that this game appears very childish, the actual game is very challenging as you get farther in the game. You need to be stingy with the gold coins you earn, because you definitely will need them later.

I happen to like limited moves and the challenge of creating and combining powerups to master each level. On some levels, you will need to create, combine, buy, and use some grey matter to win! I don't know why the dev chose to make this game appear as if it is for children, because on some levels it almost takes a "child-genius" to win!

So.....if you like a challenge, and can pay attention to the various extras this game offers (and play in silence)....give it a chance. Even though I had to replay some of the early levels, the first level I experienced a "real" challenge was #37. I would be interested to see other opinions of this game (as long as you give it a chance).

Edited on 12/26/2017 at 8:47:36 PM PST

Go to: