bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

New version of Hotel available now!

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 24, 10 5:01 PM
We have a new version of Hotel available now. This new version resolves the game freeze in the Templar Cemetery when talking to Theresa .

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If your Game Manager hasn’t prompted you to run the update, here’s how to install the new version of the game:

Uninstall a PC Game
Open your Game Manager by clicking the Play My Games icon. Find your game and click the trash can icon.

Reinstall a PC Game
1. Go to your Purchase History and click Install Now next to the game.
2. Select Run or Save File.
3. If prompted, click OK or Run to open the game’s executable file and start downloading.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click “Contact Us” to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

sassybee
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

Re:New version of Hotel available now!

[Post New]by sassybee on May 24, 10 6:32 PM
When we re-install, will it put us back to the same place in the game?

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 24, 10 11:32 PM
sassybee wrote:When we re-install, will it put us back to the same place in the game?

yes, but just in case, please contact bigfish support - they will tell you how you can backup your saved games. just in case!

[Post New]by boriquasoyyo on May 25, 10 2:27 AM
how u get it?

[Post New]by noames69 on May 25, 10 3:31 AM
I have uninstalled/reinstalled this game twice now and it is not saving my game, either with F2 or F6, causing me to have to continue from the autosave point where she breaks the barrel in the basement. Also, it is giving me blue screen freeze when she tries to approach the chair in the library to go the mini globe game, even after reinstall. It will not let me alt-tab and I must reboot my entire system to regain functionality. Hope you guys can get this fixed soon.

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

New version still not working

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on May 25, 10 11:29 AM
Ok I have installed and uninsulated this game 3 time to try and fix it it will not go passed the place where Biggie and the detective are about to go to the dinning room to talk about this findings I get a screen that says 5 mins later , I hear a beep and than nothing just a black screen that I have to get out of by hitting the space bar and that sends be back to my desk top . The FIX for this game is not working and nothing has changed since I installed this and bought it this weekend.I was so hoping the fix would work but its not and I have contacted support to get my game credit back as I purchased a extra one just for this game

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 26, 10 2:25 PM
I didn't try the old 'buggy' version of the game. Just this new one, and I have problems after 5 mins of purchasing it with open GL problems and ogre screen comes up - still can't play it!

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on May 26, 10 9:11 PM
I too am having issues with the fixed version. I switched to OpenGL and was going along just fine until I got to the part in Day 3 where Cathy has to touch the light to get to Avalon to talk to Arthur. The game just FREEZES. Nothing works. I can't use Windows Task Manager, Alt+Tab, the spacebar nothing. I was loving this game and would like to finish it. I don't think it's my video card as I did update to the latest drivers that the manufacturer had for my particular card. Yeah, I know it's a few years old, but I wasn't having any problems playing until I got to this particular point. Perhaps a bug over looked or something?

Anyway, here's hoping it gets fixed soon...as this is aggrevating.

I'm begging.

Edited on 05/26/2010 at 9:12:29 PM PST

[Post New]by bfklariska on May 27, 10 10:16 AM
Hi,
I update this game, and now its freezing in that place: [link removed by moderator]

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 10:53:11 AM PST

Lord_George
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Lord_George on May 30, 10 6:17 AM
I downloaded the new version and installed it over the existing one,
and everything works now to my full satisfaction.

TSM5960
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by TSM5960 on May 30, 10 11:58 AM
still not working. did everything, mine freezes on yellow ball in libary. I have had trouble with 5 games now and could not finish them. what is going on

58bemb
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by 58bemb on May 31, 10 7:07 PM
Reinstalled the new version and still can not play. I get as far as the start and then it says loading and kicks out to my desktop. Guess I won't be purchasing this one.

ivanbral
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
423 Posts

[Post New]by ivanbral on May 31, 10 11:15 PM
we are working on a new version. BigFish will announce it as soon as it becomes available. it should be soon!

Gerabean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Gerabean on Jun 8, 10 12:53 PM
Carole22759 wrote:Is the new TRIAL VERSION available?
Today I installed trial version -With the Following Results: Loads game, shows HOTEL logo, then shows BFGames logo, shows picture of woman w/hat on while it says it's loading location, shows HOTEL game menu, [I select NEW GAME], again shows picture of woman w/hat on while it says it's loading location, then it returns to desktop -minus 1minute of play-. I am now down to 54minutes without playing a lick of the game. I then re-installed with the same results -and now have 50minutes of game play left (without playing a lick of the game).
Guess I'll just have to wait a few weeks and check back to see if the trial has been fixed. Not going to purchase without the trial hour -since all forum posts have been negative for game stability-.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Jun 8, 10 5:40 PM
Just installed the trial - looks as if it might be good BUT...I hit the new game - and
then get sent back to "play" with one fewer minute of trial time. I did this 3 times then looked at the forum. Oh dear how disappointing - I think this is not for me unless it can really be fixed. I don't even get to start it.
Just like the previous message.

Edited on 06/08/2010 at 5:41:40 PM PST

hh75
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by hh75 on Jun 8, 10 7:05 PM
i have uninstalled and reinstalled this game several times and am still getting the same problem. the game freezes after she talks to the detective outside the office. the screen says "5 minutes later" and them freezes. please fix this!!

[Post New]by Wordmom on Jun 9, 10 7:43 AM
haven`t tryed the game yet ,reinstall for the 4. time, but still getting a black screen, and now down too 47.min. hmm. must be some thing wrong whith this game.

ihateshopping
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by ihateshopping on Jun 10, 10 10:45 AM
Where is the new version?

Game is out, in Collector's Edition (game is version 1.02) form (with included Strategy Guide) at [game sites removed by moderator] and their versions work great...was able to play beyond Chapter 2 before the demos ran out.

What's taking so long?

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 10:54:16 AM PST

MaryDa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by MaryDa on Jun 17, 10 9:38 AM
I can't open saved games with either version.

sharieanne
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by sharieanne on Jun 21, 10 2:24 PM
I still can't open the fuse box HELP

Go to: