bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Updated! New version of The Heritage available now!

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 24, 10 5:02 PM
We have a new version of The Heritage available now. This new version of the game resolves the “locket issue” at the end of Chapter 1 and will allow players to progress in the game without the game resetting .

We apologize greatly for the trouble. If your Game Manager hasn’t prompted you to run the update, here’s how to install the new version of the game:

Uninstall a PC Game
Open your Game Manager by clicking the Play My Games icon. Find your game and click the trash can icon.

Reinstall a PC Game
1. Go to your Purchase History and click Install Now next to the game.
2. Select Run or Save File.
3. If prompted, click OK or Run to open the game’s executable file and start downloading.

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Support Team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click “Contact Us” to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

Re:Updated! New version of The Heritage available now!

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on May 24, 10 5:23 PM
I have installed and reinstalled this game five times with both of the updates. The same problem still exists with a new one added now. At the point where the locket opens after the first chapter the game freezes totally. I had to go to Task Manager to close it. This has happened several times now.

I'm about done with this game. BFG needs to take this game off the website and not allow anyone else to download it. This game is a mess.

ccrk
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by ccrk on May 24, 10 5:28 PM
The same thing just happened to me. I would like to know how some people are getting to play for several chapters and others like us can't get past the first chapter.

[Post New]by thebrattie1 on May 24, 10 5:32 PM
I've deleted and re installed. Now it freezes up at the locket in chapter 1 !!! Doesn't allow you to close it, or go to menu, not even back to chapter 1.

momof33
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by momof33 on May 24, 10 5:36 PM
Im sad to say that the same has happened to me. Game freezes at the locket and will not exit. Was really looking forward to playing it this evening.

mae61
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mae61 on May 24, 10 5:36 PM
I am having the same problems. Maybe once all the problems get fixed we can get our free hour trial!

[Post New]by ktlander on May 24, 10 5:37 PM
Sorry BFG - I have to say "ditto" to the two posts above. I uninstalled and reinstalled and the game froze right after the locket opened after Chapter 1. There was also no picture there. Good luck and I hope the game is fixed soon. I'll be waiting.
Thanks.

[Post New]by nhammaker on May 24, 10 5:40 PM
I have had the same problem...I try to click close on the locket and it freezes..the only thing that works is the help option....HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 24, 10 5:43 PM
Hey Everyone,

If the new version still hasn't fixed the issue for you, please try starting a new player profile. If this still doesn't work, we need to start gathering more information about why it's not working.

If you would like to continue to assist us with this issue, we ask that you please send a Dr. Felix in your message to Customer Support.

Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.

2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.

3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.

4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the ‘Next’ button.

5. A .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.

6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

Thanks everyone,

-bfgZambezi

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 24, 10 6:06 PM
I deleted the game and redownloaded it. Now, it doesn't even take me back to Chapter 1, but freezes and the only way I can get out is through the Task Manager.

You know what? I'm not going to send Dr. Felix to CS. I'm not going to reward this developer for first releasing a version that was released in error (per one of the developers), and then gives us a fix that doesn't fix anything, by trying to purchase this game eventually (if it ever gets fixed). I'll spend my next credit on a developer that is reliable!

[Post New]by nhammaker on May 24, 10 6:09 PM
Ok I have tried to send the zip file and I got as far as clicking on browse and then clicking on the zip file and then it jst sits there and I can't do anthing else, any suggestions??

dcanfi1955
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dcanfi1955 on May 24, 10 6:10 PM
Again, I have downloaded the 2nd update, changed player name, deleted old player name and now it freezes. This is ridiculous. I agree that the game should not have been sold until all bugs were out. I did better with the 1st fix, i got to chapter 13 then it took me back to 1.

PLEASE FIX THIS GAME. I REALLY WANT TO PLAY IT, BUT GETTING PRETTY DISGUSTED.

[Post New]by cutegirl36 on May 24, 10 6:25 PM
K now I'm really pissed, I actually got to level 18 last night and today downloaded the fix and after completing level 18 got kicked back to level one and now it just freezes just like everyone else is saying. I've uninstalled, reinstalled and it's worse than it was before! Come on people!!!! If there is this many people upset then do something about it already, don't keep making updates if it's not fixed, just get it done! We should all receive a game credit for all this trouble.

[Post New]by nhammaker on May 24, 10 6:50 PM
Still trying to atach the zip file and it jst sits there.........when will the real "FIX" be available!!!!!!!

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on May 24, 10 6:55 PM
I must agree with most of the other gamers on this one. I downloaded the game and got stuck at the first chapter. I had to replay that one and then it seemed fine. As soon as I finished chapter 6 it kicked me back to number one. I tried one more time and had the same thing happen.

I am not downloading a fix as I have no time left to trial this game. So far the game WAS a trial. If the game was fixed and folks were given a new 60 minute trial you might have more takers, but this is more trouble than it is worth.

Even after playing 6 chapters I have no idea if the game is any good as all I was doing was waiting for something to go wrong. Forget about this one, it's a dog!

Corie

[Post New]by golfcrazy38 on May 24, 10 6:58 PM
New version still not working. Have deleted and started new profile but still doesn't work. Have same problem as early post. Once locket appears can not get any thing to work but help button. Have sent another zip file. Am not going to complain just wait for fix.

seaisle08
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by seaisle08 on May 24, 10 7:09 PM
I got update, downloaded it, then bought it, played for a while, got to the locket, and it froze. Had to turn my computer off. went back in and guess what. back to the beginning. Not happy, did I waste my game club credit?

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on May 24, 10 7:10 PM
I have tried all suggestions but game worse now than before. Am still interested in trying game so will wait patiently for a permanent fix for what ails it. I am curious however how some fishies are getting past Chapter 1. Is there another "fix" that I have missed?

taigood
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by taigood on May 24, 10 7:13 PM
Same here!

It's worse now than before!

GRRRR

Edited on 05/24/2010 at 7:14:30 PM PST

[Post New]by hockeywingnut on May 24, 10 7:15 PM
I ]never got a chance to get past the first screen on my one hour trial. The game looks great but I'm not even sure if it works. Having the chance to have the one hour trial again would help me make a decision to buy or not. I don't want to spend money on something I don't even know if I will be able to contine the game.

Thanks

Go to: