bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Amazing Pyramids

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 25, 10 12:05 AM
Jump into Amazing Pyramids and lead a group of scientists through addicting minigames and jumbled letters in the Saharan desert! Solve intricate Word puzzles to unravel the secrets of an ancient city. Use your wits and vocabulary to keep you one step ahead, and to survive the blistering sun. Earn bonuses for quick and clever solutions and explore some Amazing Pyramids! Can you piece together an ancient mystery and save the day?

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

Re:Amazing Pyramids

[Post New]by patnsky on May 25, 10 12:44 AM
Played about 15 minutes of the demo and quit. This is a game for those that like word games, but since I am not very good with word games, It is not for me. The graphics are good and the music was not bad either.

I am a great fan of HOGs, TMs, Adventures, and 3Ms. but am always glad to see BF offer something different. There are so many fishies ih this great big pond and we need a good variety to make us all happy. Thanks BF

I know there are fishies out there that will love this one and I say “Enjoy”.

Edited on 05/25/2010 at 1:00:30 AM PST

[Post New]by youngwvmomma on May 25, 10 1:45 AM
I found this to be a wonderfully challenging game.
It has two modes Adventure and Classic.
You can not go farther than the first level of Classic without going a certain distance in Adventure.
Adventure mode is composed of 4 sections with 12 levels each. Each level or "day" has 7 levels of words going down a letter as the pyramid goes up. So on the bottom level you have nine letters you have to figure out and only 3 on the top level of the pyramid.
You have an energy bar that goes down with each letter you click but using the ankh button to finish a word when you are down to one or two letters and you know what it is, is a great way to boost your energy level back up. Your energy level does NOT replenish itself with the next day. So you have to keep your energy level up which is quite challenging. I never made it past the third day and I played to that point several times.
It doesnt appear to be a very easy game that is over soon after the demo hour is.
I am a cheapskate but I'm putting this on my must buy list as soon as I get some money. I foresee many hours playing this game!

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on May 25, 10 3:59 AM
are you playing against a timer?
Dr.good

[Post New]by flammable55 on May 25, 10 4:24 AM
No timer but way too hard. I consider myself not too bad at spelling and I haven't got past the third level yet.

These are my complaints with the game:
1. There is no theme so the words could be just about anything.
2. If you fail a level you can't restart that level you have to start the whole game again from level one.
3. One of the levels had a theme of animals, there was only one letter which I didn't get but I have no idea what the word was. How can you have a 9 letter animal that noone has heard of and then put it in a game. I remember it started MOSK?????. After closing the game I put that through a few online crossword solvers and came up squat.

This game is just too hard and random for my liking.

[Post New]by Barbarabarb on May 25, 10 5:16 AM
I love puzzles and word games but if I buy this one after getting Bato and Oriental Dreams I will never get anything done. The grandchildren like this game too and I consider it very good for them although I had to look up Naza, an animal I had never heard of. Where would we be these days without the internet?

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on May 25, 10 7:28 AM
I love word games, but I quit this one after 15 minutes worth of play too.

I got "Animals" for a theme and then had words like Chrysler and Ssangyong.... I had to exit the game to google what the heck Ssangyong even was! NOT an animal.... not even a car I've ever heard of.

They could have done so much better.

Merkredy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Merkredy on May 25, 10 7:50 AM
Dear Players!

I am one of game developers.

I am very sorry about situation on level 3 where you get car but not animals...
We have fixed that thing this morning.
Now waiting for BFG to update game version.
Hope you will have ability to download correct version in a few hours.

P.S. Have added more time for a level in that new version too!

Best Regards,
Oleg Sereda

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on May 25, 10 7:59 AM
Thanks for letting us know!!

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on May 25, 10 8:13 AM
Merkredy wrote:Dear Players!

I am one of game developers.

Best Regards,
Oleg Sereda

Hey Oleg!

Thanks for checking in!

I am always encouraged when a developer is willing to hear and respond to the players.

I can only get to the 3rd day on adventure.

I consider myself pretty good at these types of word games. Also, to this point, no one who has posted so far has gotten any further. What is the purpose of 48 levels? I don't see even the best players getting that far. No fun if it is too hard

Also mentioned in another post, the randomness. By the time you get to the 3 and 4 letter words it is pretty much just a turkey shoot. (guessing)

You have a fun concept, and I love a good challenge, but this is too hard for me

Thanks for listening!

Edited on 05/25/2010 at 10:04:05 AM PST

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on May 25, 10 8:43 AM
I'm looking forward to trying this game, but I will wait for the updated version to be available later today (I hope).

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on May 25, 10 8:44 AM
I completed up to level 7 in 50 minutes - the game is as much about logical word construction as it is vocabulary, combined with strategic use of powerups. I recommend a 'crossword' dictionary rather than relying on the internet for some of this vocab (though I'd like to know what dictionary is being used); I'm using Chambers, but have Webster and the full OED on hand just in case. The game is a very difficult form of hangman for the most part, but if you pass level 3 you will find a bonus game, and another after level six. However, these only add points. Incidentally, I could find only one nine letter word beginning with mosk, and it isn't an animal. (If you are really interested it's moskonfyt - a thick syrup made from grapes (in South Africa, anyway). I find the game addictive despite what I regard as some built-in unfairness; who said life was fair anyway 'hope for the best, expect the worst and take what comes' - and it's only a game anyway.

doctorgood
Clownfish
Clownfish
589 Posts

[Post New]by doctorgood on May 26, 10 3:44 AM
thanks to all. I tried the demo and you're correct. I'm a whiz at scrabble and other word games like flip words& flip words 2 but this is ridiculously hard with no theme and having to start all over if you run out of energy. What were they thinking when they developed this game? Anyhow, no sale here.
Dr.good

[Post New]by mistergeorge on May 26, 10 4:28 PM
I agree that this is a difficult word game. Maybe getting a few lives before you lose a level would be nice. Like 3 lives to start and maybe add an extra life after so many levels completed.

[Post New]by hbdevil on May 29, 10 6:53 AM
The only other thing I would add (being a Scrabble player and fan of various word games), was finding 3-letter 'words' such as RPM included. These aren't words, they are abbreviations - if that's the dictionary to use, that's fine, but for a hangman-type game, usually it's assumes that you are either guessing words, or possibly proper names if there's a special category involved. I would suggest checking the word list for possibly removing items that are only abbreviations or acronyms, but not written words.

Fairly fun game otherwise. - thanks!

[Post New]by 1941granny on Jun 14, 10 10:01 PM
remove the timer and let us get on with the game please, my grandson has an I.Q. of
140 and hates this game, I would love to be able to finish it but you need almost a genius I.Q. to do it with a timer. please dump the timer.

dorvisbunn
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by dorvisbunn on Nov 21, 11 3:15 PM
the theme was animals. the words were. lice, ant, mollusk and elephant. huh?
the theme was clothes. the words were. overalls, ring, stockings etc.. huh?
I thought ants and lice were insects. I never thought jewelry was a piece of clothing.
this game is such a rip off.

Snaffled
Marlin
Marlin
9,392 Posts

[Post New]by Snaffled on Feb 24, 12 5:39 PM
Good game, I liked the music, the sound effects, the storyline was easy to follow and sensible.

Go to: