bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Amazing Pyramids

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 25, 10 1:23 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Amazing Pyramids? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Amazing Pyramids

[Post New]by carolinacat on May 25, 10 3:58 AM
Thumbs down for me. I waited a long time for a word game and this one is disappointing. You can't get far because your time runs out. The developers should've had a relaxed play where you could form words and still get bonuses and travel on the journey. You have a timer which runs out quickly and doesn't replenish in your next round.

The instructions are miniscule, not much there. I love word games but gave up on this one after 15 minutes.

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on May 25, 10 7:26 AM
The instructions are indeed minimal, and flawed in places I think. My theme was animals on a level, but I was getting words like "Chrysler" and "Ssangyong".... what the heck is that anyway????

Definitely not buying this game. Disappointing.

shinysign
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by shinysign on May 25, 10 7:47 AM
I was looking forward to a new word game, as I am a fan of the word games. This one surprised me as it is more like an ancient Egyptian wheel of fortune than the word scramble I expected. You get words and fill them in. I am not into wheel of fortune guess the word type games, it is well designed though.

old165
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by old165 on May 25, 10 7:54 AM
I like this game. It is played along the lines of hangman, only you have to figure out a pyramid of words-one at a time in adventure mode. It is a no stress game, but it is not supper easy unless you read the dictionary for enjoyment. If you despise spelling, this isn't for you. If you want to improve your spelling, this could help.

Edited on 05/25/2010 at 7:56:38 AM PST

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on May 25, 10 7:56 AM

I played this last night and was disappointed that I could only get through day 3 on the adventure.

As there were about 50 days available, I didn't see myself improving that much.

I decided to give it another shot this morning and got the same results.

Then I remembered there was another option. On the classic option you try to get your best score on one pyramid.

I liked this better.

So if you don't like one option you might want to try another.

Merkredy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Merkredy on May 25, 10 8:09 AM
Dear Players!

I am one of game developers.

I am very sorry about situation on level 3 where you get car but not animals...

Best Regards,
Oleg Sereda

Edited on 05/25/2010 at 9:30:25 AM PST

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on May 25, 10 10:57 AM
Hi everyone in the pond. I have dived in for the first time, just to get my toe (tail?) wet. I tried out the Amazing Pyramids word game this morning and although I am a fan of word games (like some of my fellow 'fish') I was very disappointed, I agree with the lack of information and the frustration of attempting to get to the next level.
I've given up now! Not like me at all but enough is enough.
I won't be buying this one. Sorry! Love most of your games though!
Love to all xxx

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on May 25, 10 11:16 AM
Pat_ric_ia wrote:Hi everyone in the pond. I have dived in for the first time, just to get my toe (tail?) wet. I tried out the Amazing Pyramids word game this morning and although I am a fan of word games (like some of my fellow 'fish') I was very disappointed, I agree with the lack of information and the frustration of attempting to get to the next level.
I've given up now! Not like me at all but enough is enough.
I won't be buying this one. Sorry! Love most of your games though!
Love to all xxx

Welcome to the pond!!

Your tail, and toes, are always welcome here.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 25, 10 11:32 AM
I also have been waiting desparately for a new word game, but this is not it. It's a tiny file with no imaginative art, and the word game is what to me is the least interesting of all -- guessing the letters of succesive unknown words. And with a timer, yet! Ugh from me, sorry. I'll go back to Haiky Journey and the various Bookworm Games.

knitnow
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by knitnow on May 25, 10 12:59 PM
ecblisa wrote:I also have been waiting desparately for a new word game, but this is not it. It's a tiny file with no imaginative art, and the word game is what to me is the least interesting of all -- guessing the letters of succesive unknown words.

My feelings exactly!! I actually had to recheck the listing, as I assumed it must have been an old game recycled as the "Daily Deal".

Yes, it's been ages since a word game's been released....Now we can say it's been ages since a GOOD word game's been released.

C'mon the fishies in this school would like an intelligent word game.... please.

i'd rate this
NO SALE

Edited on 05/25/2010 at 1:02:24 PM PST

sissylu419
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sissylu419 on May 25, 10 1:49 PM
This is simply hangman in a pyramid. Boring!

Your Comments and Review for Amazing Pyramids

[Post New]by checa1766 on May 25, 10 6:12 PM
bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Amazing Pyramids? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Amazing Pyramids, too difficult

[Post New]by checa1766 on May 25, 10 6:14 PM
checa1766 wrote:I bought this game this morning but I'm dissappointed. It's too difficult the 3rd day... Why I should start all over again if I loose!!! If I keep playing this I will never finish the game.

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on May 25, 10 11:07 PM
To those who have bought this and find it hard - use strategy rather than guesswork, and make best use of the powerups (which are so generous as you go on that you may have to work hard at not succeeding). So far I'm at level 30, and don't mind the strange vocabulary - I'm still prepared to learn new words without complaint. Perhaps this does stretch 'casual' a little far, as I've found it quite hard work to keep ahead of the timer at times, but I've really enjoyed having a word workout, and don't regret buying this at all.

Jenje
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
8 Posts

[Post New]by Jenje on May 26, 10 7:52 AM
A pity, too difficult for a Dutch granny ! Jenje

francisx
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by francisx on May 26, 10 3:43 PM
hi every one, dont post very often but felt the need after playing this game, really enjoyed the demo so jumped straight in and bought it, then maybe wishing i hadnt.
its not only the animal '' themes'' that are wrong , alot of the others are too, eg in colour theme theres countries and in clothes theme there are train and bracelet !
the rest of it the words have no association at all which gets a bit odd at times, also not keen on the fact there are 12 levels to a chapter and if you fail on levels you go back to level 1 which is harsh if you fail on level 11, sorry for ''moaning''
just thought game could be a lot better

thika7777
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by thika7777 on May 28, 10 8:09 AM
What a fun little game!

Kayster
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Amazing Pyramids

[Post New]by Kayster on May 30, 10 12:00 PM
I had been saving this game as I really love word games and not too many are on offer (I LOVE WordZen for example). I like the mechanics and the gameplay in this one.

But the misleading categories (I learned to just ignore them as they only confused me) and some of the "words" which are really slang (bio, mem) put me off. And once I saw the animal that started with "ss" I almost gave up and quite right there.

I lost at level 2 or 3 half a dozen times before I figured out that you have to use the "solve now" token to gain back any appreciable life. After that I made it through to level 5 or 6 before I ran out.

This would probably be a great game if, as requested above, there was a slower pace mode (not easier words, but a recharging or nonexistent life force). It would probably be just right for me if the life force refilled every level as an option. even if it started a little lower.

I don't mind unfamiliar words, but at dictionary 40% level, I would expect to recognize all of the words as I do have a very extensive vocabulary. I wonder what the challenge would be at the fourth quarter of the puzzle.

Sadly, disappointing.

ps. I did try the classic mode but it is not challenging enough. I like building on prior levels' success.

Edited on 05/30/2010 at 12:03:03 PM PST

sorahi23
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by sorahi23 on May 30, 10 12:00 PM
I was also looking forward to a good new word game, unfortunately the only thing I can say about this one is that I now know that "trabant" is a German automobile. I learned this after having it come up in the Animal themes and Googling it later to find out what kind of animal it was!
I would have liked this game better if there were better directions to begin with and if there had really been a theme or link in the groups of words. Even in hangman you have some idea what you're looking for.

Go to: