arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

I think I'm missing something.

[Post New]by arthurC on Dec 27, 17 6:52 AM
I've been playing this game for days and days, and I think I must be missing something fundamental to the game: I can't seem to get any gold .. and without gold I can't buy bombs and sundry other power-ups. And without powerups I can't earn badges and move on.

The only way It appears I can get gold, is by trading in my resources for gold bars. So in effect, I have to keep losing levels over and over again, until I've accrued enough supplies to buy a few bars of gold. But hours and hours building up resources will only buy me a couple of bombs and more time, and hopefully earn me a badge. Then, when I have the badge, I have to go through the whole process again.

I have managed to earn badges for every level so far ..but I'm only on level 27, I think (the 'easy' levels, by all accounts) .. and I really don't fancy playing Silver Tale unto eternity!
There has to be more to the game than that, surely?

Jo
ps: I've also got 'phoenix feathers' coming out of my ears, but I can't do anything with them. I've tried using them on the horse .. but it won't let me.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:I think I'm missing something.

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 27, 17 7:50 AM
Hi Jo, the phoenix feathers can be used to either immediately replenish all your lives to "full" if you've lost some or used to revive a dying horse. Otherwise the feathers are pretty useless. Your experience with getting tons of them is the same as everyone else's and appears to be an oversight in game design.

Earning the level badge is more a personal accomplishment thing and you can bail out of levels once the base goal of clearing the required tiles is done by clicking the green check mark that appears. This game is always limited moves, but relaxed mode gives you something like 2x the moves. Normal mode gets crazy hard and to date I think only 2 fishies have posted that they finished normal mode with all the badges! Replaying levels isn't just an option in normal mode, it's pretty much required if you want to keep going on after a while...

I don't remember all the ways you can earn gold but it was a slow process no matter what when I played, as this game is extremely complex. I'd posted a couple of tips threads along with the spoiler alert thread for the puzzles, but the other tips threads have shifted further down into the forum pages

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Dec 27, 17 8:02 AM
Many thanks for the swift response
I'll go through the game tips again .. maybe I can pick up some more.
Much appreciated
Jo

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Dec 27, 17 8:38 AM
You're welcome

I've retired Silver Tale and with the forums regularly getting spammed, posts often get "lost", so feel free to PM me if you have more questions. Happy gaming!

Go to: