jkjmd03
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by jkjmd03 on May 25, 10 8:09 PM
I have now spent three days and god knows how many hours trying to download and play an apparently not fixable game...TAKE IT OFF YOUR CHOICE LIST...

oh...big deal...i got a free credit for complaining so much...wow

we actually need to all come together as bfg lovers and say no more...

facebook should work...."no more big fish games"...

it worked for betty white

 

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by celitcLady_Dunca on May 25, 10 8:23 PM
I agree with you... I have downloaded the updates for this game and it is still not working.. and now it is freezing on me.

 
Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on May 25, 10 8:41 PM
I haven't tried it yet, downloaded it and then read it was broke so I figured I'd wait, lol downloaded the patch again read it was still broke, downloaded the next patch and here y'all are telling me it still done broke. Sheesh, I'll be spending as much time downloading patches as it will take me to try to the demo, that is if I ever get to it.

 
jkjmd03
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by jkjmd03 on May 26, 10 1:05 AM
I have downloaded so many "repairs" and nothing works...bfg continues to keep this game posted as available for new and uninformed visitors which is wrong! yes, i was given a free credit...big fing deal!

 
Waazzaa
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by Waazzaa on May 26, 10 8:42 AM
I agree! BFG--take it off your choice list until it is fixed! I really want to play this game, but cannot!

Sigh.

I also feel like I pay enough money so that BFG shouldn't be asking me to download DrFelix or some other program to do the work it should be doing to fix the dang problem.


 
Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by Gentlsong on May 26, 10 10:06 AM
Mojave_Rain wrote:I haven't tried it yet, downloaded it and then read it was broke so I figured I'd wait, lol downloaded the patch again read it was still broke, downloaded the next patch and here y'all are telling me it still done broke. Sheesh, I'll be spending as much time downloading patches as it will take me to try to the demo, that is if I ever get to it.


It might work for you. I don't think it is "broken" for everyone as I have seen posts where people have played without any problems. Just a thought!

 
Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by Gentlsong on May 26, 10 10:12 AM
Waazzaa wrote:I agree! BFG--take it off your choice list until it is fixed! I really want to play this game, but cannot!

Sigh.

I also feel like I pay enough money so that BFG shouldn't be asking me to download DrFelix or some other program to do the work it should be doing to fix the dang problem.


They ask you to download Dr. Felix so that they can get the information they NEED in order to fix the problem. Obviously, this game made it through testing on their many testing system PCs that are set up with many of the most common system configurations available. If you have a system configuration that's different from any of their testing PCs, then yes, you MIGHT have problems with the game, and if so, they obviously don't have the information regarding your system configuration that they need to resolve the issue. That's why they request that you download and run Dr. Felix and then send them the results. They are not asking you to do something that they could do themselves at all. They are asking you to do something they CANNOT possibly do since they don't have your PC.

 
HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by HighlandMax on May 26, 10 3:50 PM
Funny, I haven't had any problems.........none, what so ever.......with the game, that is.

 
genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by genkicoll on May 26, 10 4:09 PM
They're having ongoing troubles with this game with some computer systems. The developer has addressed this, and BFG is working hard to get it fixed.

I also feel like I pay enough money so that BFG shouldn't be asking me to download DrFelix or some other program to do the work it should be doing to fix the dang problem.



Sending a Dr. Felix isn't hard, it only takes a few seconds, and if it means you can play a game you'd really like to try, then it's something I won't hesitate to do. As a matter of fact, I have done so, and it helped CS pinpoint the trouble on my computer so that the game would work!

 
luckiesub
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by luckiesub on May 26, 10 5:36 PM
take it off the list untill it is fixed wrote and was told we will get back to you in 2 to 3 days do something please

 
Pleiadestar
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by Pleiadestar on May 26, 10 5:52 PM
I don't know what y'all are hollering about...I downloaded the game days ago and finished it that same day. No updates needed...I dont think its BigFish...its probably your puters!

 
Pleiadestar
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by Pleiadestar on May 26, 10 5:54 PM
Waazzaa wrote:

Sigh.

I also feel like I pay enough money so that BFG shouldn't be asking me to download DrFelix or some other program to do the work it should be doing to fix the dang problem.



How do they know what to fix if the complainers don't send in the technical data necessary to pinpoint the problem?

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 9:45:06 AM PST


 
Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on May 26, 10 6:13 PM
Pleiadestar wrote:I don't know what y'all are hollering about...I downloaded the game days ago and finished it that same day. No updates needed...I dont think its BigFish...its probably your puters!


Yes indeed it probably is their computers, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with them. Some games seem to work with almost all computer systems and configurations and some don't.

If there are patches available then it means that both BFG and the manufacturers feel there's something wrong with the game as it is, and hold on to your hat: they figure it should be fixed even if you think differently.

 
Downu
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by Downu on May 27, 10 12:05 AM
Who is Betty White?

 
gabrielsmom
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by gabrielsmom on May 27, 10 3:17 AM
Last night there was a section in the forum called something like - Update Available for The Heritage. Its gone now - odd! I imagine this one will be gone soon too. That one pretty much said its fixed and if you can not play it its your fault. For all the crap BFG has had us do we should all be paid as testers! I will be using my last credit and looking elsewhere for games. Maybe if they spend a little less time on those worthless Collectors Editions - or maybe not have a new game every day - maybe every other day. Just saying----

 
thika7777
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by thika7777 on May 30, 10 12:31 PM
I think that BigFish has always been caring toward its custormers. Any time I have ever had a problem they have either solved it or refunded my credit. Their website, with very few exceptions, has worked flawlessly. A little patience please.

 
weeharleyboy
Shark
Shark
13,276 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by weeharleyboy on May 30, 10 12:42 PM
gabrielsmom wrote:Last night there was a section in the forum called something like - Update Available for The Heritage. Its gone now - odd! I imagine this one will be gone soon too. That one pretty much said its fixed and if you can not play it its your fault. For all the crap BFG has had us do we should all be paid as testers! I will be using my last credit and looking elsewhere for games. Maybe if they spend a little less time on those worthless Collectors Editions - or maybe not have a new game every day - maybe every other day. Just saying----



If your game won't play on your computer BF will give you a refund - no questions asked!
Over the years I have the occasional game that would not play. Usually I needed some sort of software update. Heritage did cause problems and I downloaded both updates. It wasn't perfect...but it worked eventually. It is annoying but I don't see how BF is to blame. Many have played and finished the game!

 
AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on May 31, 10 6:27 PM
thika7777 wrote:I think that BigFish has always been caring toward its custormers. Any time I have ever had a problem they have either solved it or refunded my credit. Their website, with very few exceptions, has worked flawlessly. A little patience please.


I certainly agree Thika. Sometimes it takes a few days to get something resolved, but I just go forward with trying out other games.

And for others about this game, the 2nd fix was put in place in the late afternoon of 5/29/10. After I d/led that one, I was able to play the game through with no problems, read each memory as it came into the locket, then closed it and was taken to the next scene. One odd thing: the very first opening screen might hang there - I just clicked on it and then the game went forward without any more hiccups. Hope this helps a little.

 

Re:the lack of care for loyal customers

[Post New]by moonwalker97478 on Jun 2, 10 5:43 PM
i have down loaded all the fixes & still can't get past the garden i would like my money back you can keep your game. thank you,moonwalker97478


 
 
 
 
Go to: