bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Dec 28, 17 12:29 AM
Welcome to Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by abjackson on Dec 31, 17 3:12 PM
I CANNOT get this game to work!!! I keep getting an error.

[Post New]by JoyAnnV on Jan 4, 18 8:11 PM
Hi: I've gotten through the main game and am now trying to finish the bonus chapter, and can't get past where I need to collect "Europe" and place the "Aries" statuette. There's nothing in the area where I need to collect and place these items where I can click to place or gather.

[Post New]by judith70 on Jan 7, 18 7:10 PM
I am in same area, cannot go any further. Need to find gloves.

[Post New]by cows14 on Jan 10, 18 3:15 PM
I'm stuck in the Bonus Chapter too. In the Mayor's office I can go left into the Greenhouse or back to the Outside. I can't access the door on the right onto the Balcony. I can only use the Map to get to the Balcony. Hope there is a fix soon.

[Post New]by dancergrl on Jan 10, 18 7:51 PM
Stuck with a lot of objects and no landing pages are available to use them. I have 2 screens the outside of the mayors office where is it raining. The sheriff is off to the right waiting for evidence.
Inside the mayors office I can not do anything. Both of these pages hint reply is nothing to do here.

Liked playing the game. Disappointed this part will not continue.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 14, 18 12:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while awaiting a reply. It sounds like there have been some troubles opening the game and progressing through part of the Bonus Chapter. Let's see what we can do to get things working better.

For error messages that appear when opening the game, this can happen for several different reasons. The most common is a missing update of some sort, so we can check for possible updates for the resources and software on the computer. Running Windows Update can also be really helpful to check for updates to computer's operating system. Steps to help out with these possibilities can be found at the following links:

Video Driver Updates
Reinstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave

For the progression issues, this is something we have noticed other players reporting, and the details collected so far have been passed along to the appropriate teams. If we hear more information about progressing through the Bonus Chapter in regards to the Aries statue, we will pass that information along as soon as it's available. For now, it may help to try some basic troubleshooting, if it hasn't been done already. In this type of situation, it can help to run the game as an Administrator and check for any video card driver updates that may be available. Steps for that can be found here:

Run Game as Administrator
Video Driver Updates

Should this not resolve the described issues, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further help.

When technical concerns come up while playing a game, we ask that our players post those issues in the designated Tech Issues thread for that game. This helps make it easier to find questions and provide faster answers. For this game, that thread can be found here:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition here.

If there are additional questions, feel free to post in that thread, or you can also PM one of our Moderators. We're happy to help.

bfgArinelle

Go to: