Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 28, 17 12:36 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/28/2017 at 8:28:28 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 28, 17 8:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by mommateddybear on Dec 28, 17 12:46 PM
I can't get the game to display. I was getting the error message "The requested screen mode is not supported by your video card." I updated the drivers for the video card (NVidia Geforce GT 1050) and the error message went away, but I still can't get the game to display. I've tried different setting for the video card, the recommended setting is 1920 x 1080, and finally was able to get it to display, but it was off the right side of the screen, could only see about 3/4 of the screen. Can anyone tell me what the recommended settings are and what to do about it being off center? I'm running a Dell Inspiron 5577 laptop with Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 28, 17 2:50 PM
Hi mommateddybear,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble getting the game to show up properly on the screen. It sounds like you've tried a few things already, which is great! As far as resolution is concerned, that may depend on a few factors (video card and operating system being two of those). For example, playing the game on my system in full-screen using the 1920x1080 resolution works just fine.

Since that's not the case for your system, my best suggestion would be to experiment a bit with the available resolutions to see which one happens to work best to get your system and the game to get along as they should. If it would be helpful to have steps for adjusting the resolution, the following link has more information:

Screen Resolution

Should fiddling around with that setting not resolve the issue, please reach out to our Technical Support Team, as they can help gather information helpful when tracking reports of issues. You can also PM me or another Moderator with remaining questions. We'll do our best to help out.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by vsvillanoseven on Dec 29, 17 10:00 AM
So, I'm in the Bonus Chapter and trying to put the continents in the globe, and it's frozen, also trying to put the deer on the shelf, frozen. Even on the map, there's no indication that there's anything to be done. I'm stuck and can't go further. I checked the strategy guide, and there's no indication that there's anything I missed. It's just stuck and I'm upset.

Anyone having the same problem?

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Dec 29, 17 10:38 AM
vsvillanoseven wrote:So, I'm in the Bonus Chapter and trying to put the continents in the globe, and it's frozen, also trying to put the deer on the shelf, frozen. Even on the map, there's no indication that there's anything to be done. I'm stuck and can't go further. I checked the strategy guide, and there's no indication that there's anything I missed. It's just stuck and I'm upset.

Yes, me too. the only 4 locations available all say "look elsewhere" or "nothing left to do here". I too have checked the strategy guide and that doesn't help.

And here I was, just sailing along with this game until this part.

Tksh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by Tksh on Dec 29, 17 10:44 AM
I just started bonus game and I can't get the card out of the glass case. Shows a hand but won't let me pick it up. Tried to use hook but nothing happens. Anyone have a suggestions?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 29, 17 11:22 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm so sorry that the Bonus Chapter of Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition isn't playable. I definitely have some troubleshooting suggestions.

When a game freezes, checking to see whether the video card driver is up to date can often help. This driver controls how the computer's graphics display, and the developers regularly release new versions to keep everything running smoothly. I'd also recommend running the game in Administrator Mode to increase its permissions. The help articles below will guide you through both processes:

Run Game as Administrator

If these suggestions don't fix your games, please contact our Technical Support Team. Should any new questions arise, you're always welcome to PM me or another moderator, and we'll provide answers as quickly as possible.

bfgBeruna

charfoust
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by charfoust on Dec 30, 17 12:07 PM
I'm using Windows 10 Pro on a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series, and I cannot capture the spirits with the prism of souls. As soon as I capture one the entire game freezes and throws an error. After I restart I am back to the point where I have to release the soul from the crystal ball. It took 3 restarts doing things in a different sequence each time before I could collect all the souls and continue. Definitely something wrong.

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Dec 31, 17 12:47 AM
Hi Tksh, you need to push the card up to the top of the box

Scottie12
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by Scottie12 on Dec 31, 17 12:51 AM
Playing on a MacBook Air, I have the same problem with the deer and globe in the bonus chapter. Very frustrated as I would have liked to finish the game, but cant.

heartblob
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by heartblob on Dec 31, 17 4:48 AM
is it normal for this game to have a continuous loud noise , it appeared after I had found items in the cell and carried on when I went to the town area , very annoying and wonder if it is a fault, or will I have to play the game with sound off regards Heartblob

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 31, 17 8:28 AM
vsvillanoseven wrote:So, I'm in the Bonus Chapter and trying to put the continents in the globe, and it's frozen, also trying to put the deer on the shelf, frozen. Even on the map, there's no indication that there's anything to be done. I'm stuck and can't go further. I checked the strategy guide, and there's no indication that there's anything I missed. It's just stuck and I'm upset.

Yes, same problem. Can't put Aries on the desk where it is supposed to go according to the SG. Cannot progress in the game, so I've spent extra money for a CE that I can't finish. Nice Christmas present.

[Post New]by Trinaleena on Dec 31, 17 2:31 PM
judy76073 wrote:

Yes, me too. the only 4 locations available all say "look elsewhere" or "nothing left to do here". I too have checked the strategy guide and that doesn't help.

And here I was, just sailing along with this game until this part.

I am running the game on a Mac and have the same issue. I need to place the other Aries figure in the Mayor's office, but it does not show it as an active location. I tried all the same steps as you. The tech suggestion of running it in administrator mode is not an option for Macs, according to the Big Fish help page ... bummer

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 1, 18 6:52 AM
Trinaleena, running the game as administrator doesn't work either, so looks like having Mac or PC doesn't matter.

pamra
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by pamra on Jan 1, 18 9:26 AM
jennsmom wrote:

Yes, same problem. Can't put Aries on the desk where it is supposed to go according to the SG. Cannot progress in the game, so I've spent extra money for a CE that I can't finish. Nice Christmas present.

pamra
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by pamra on Jan 1, 18 9:29 AM
Is there going to be a fix for the glitch in the bonus chapter?

[Post New]by william1984 on Jan 2, 18 5:25 AM
Having the same problem. Why does it take them so long to get a solution. After all of their suggestions do not work, there is clearly a problem. Fix the problem...so we can finish the game that we purchased.............or give us a refund...

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 2, 18 4:39 PM
william1984 wrote:Having the same problem. Why does it take them so long to get a solution. After all of their suggestions do not work, there is clearly a problem. Fix the problem...so we can finish the game that we purchased.............or give us a refund...

I'm going to guess there will be no fix forthcoming, but BigFish has always been very good about giving replacement coupons if you contact customer service, explain the problem, and ask.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 3, 18 4:02 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for your patience while awaiting for a reply. It sounds like there's been trouble progressing in the Bonus Game due to the game freezing up, and there's also trouble with a loud noise and additional freezes. Let's take these one at a time.

For the loud noise, that definitely doesn't seem like a normal thing that would occur, though I haven't played through the entire game yet myself to know for sure. Reinstalling the game may help in case something went awry during the initial installation process. Details for this can be found here:

Uninstall and Reinstall a Game

In regards to freezing in general, it sounds like running as Administrator either hasn't worked or doesn't apply (for our Mac users). What we can do is go over some steps specifically for freezing issues to see if they help. These steps are designed to get the game and computer to cooperate together better than they have been. If you'd like to give them a try, they can be found here:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

Should the issues remain after giving these steps a try, please send a message to our Technical Support Team. They can provide assistance, as well as help us by gathering information useful for passing along reports of issues our players have run into. You're also welcome to PM me or another Moderator with any remaining questions. We're always glad to help.

bfgArinelle

Go to: