Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 28, 17 12:38 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/28/2017 at 8:27:54 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Dec 28, 17 1:23 AM
Another creepy game! I purchased it because I got up early enough to still use the code "WINTER" But I think I'm going to be sorry I did! I was desperate for a new game!
Ill let you fish know later if its worth purchasing!

AussieMoo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by AussieMoo on Dec 28, 17 3:58 AM
nanafraser wrote:Another creepy game! I purchased it because I got up early enough to still use the code "WINTER" But I think I'm going to be sorry I did! I was desperate for a new game!
Ill let you fish know later if its worth purchasing!

Good on you, nanafraser, or as we say in Australia as we shorten everything, ONYA! I used the code & it still works now. I kinda liked the demo but not enough for full price.

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Dec 28, 17 6:12 AM
Like I mentioned Id come back to give my opinion about the game! Don't let my short feedback fool you! Ive been w/ BF for over 8yrs!
Anyway the game moves along quick & has maybe 5 chapters counting bonus one!
If that doesn't matter to ones! Just letting fish know.
I never really don't like mini games, I skip lots of em in this game! Its OK, but I'm more of fairy tale kinda player! So judge for yourself! Just glad I used the coupon!

AussieMoo: I had to look up ONYA cause I'm really not good w/ shortened terms LOL! Thank you my buddy fish on the other side of the world!

Edited on 12/28/2017 at 6:14:58 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Dec 28, 17 7:52 AM
I like this game as much as I liked the previous Grim Facade games. I especially like the fact that we, once again, have to find coins to buy stuff in order to advance in the game. Always like these added little extras in their games.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 28, 17 8:11 AM

Amax Interactive is definitely digging their claws into these older games, as they desperately try to revitalize these long time standing series' they inherited from ERS. Each game they release lately, are ever so slightly better, it's clear to see they are putting forth great effort, but in the process, they seem to have lost sight of what a Collector's Edition is all about. I expect more collectibles in a CE, not less, and they've never even attempted to add Morphing Objects or any new features, why? Besides looting coins, the only collectibles offered in this Collector's Edition version, are a handful of Madame E's personal belongings! I remember filling out a BF survey a while back that was intended to provide insight from game buyers, as to what they desired within a CE. Did they receive hundreds and hundreds of requests to remove CE bling?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 28, 17 8:27 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Grim Facade: The Message Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Dec 28, 17 12:23 PM
This didn't hold my interest well. There were numerous puzzles, especially in the first scenes. Some I did...many I skipped...enough is enough.. you are spending much of your time with them and I got tired of it. I didn't enjoy punching the guy in the face in the match 3 mini game...it isn't my idea of a good time and I feel that it is unnecessary, especially the sound effects of it.

There is another gadget you have to use to find spirits...more time wasted unless you skip it. You have to X out of a scene by going to the X in the upper right hand corner (which is an inconvenience instead of just clicking outside that scene)... and there are some dialogue boxes you have to choose from (which I can't stand). You can replay mini games and hos...indicates in the extras there are 16 of each. I wouldn't want to replay either of them. There are not much in collectibles....some skulls I found. There are also, coins for you to collect to buy inventory items you will need, which I enjoy.

You are investigating a murder and the story in itself was interesting, but I was so consumed with doing some puzzles and other tasks that it impeded the story and progression of the game...at least in the demo, which is all I played. Maybe things get better when you have more time and are not limited to the time allotted in a demo. I hope there will be some reviews of the bonus content from those who have completed the game.

The graphics and atmosphere are good, as usual for this series, and I do own most of them, but am not impressed with this as a CE. I don't think it is CE worthy and will wait for the SE and give it a try again.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Dec 28, 17 5:31 PM
I wish BFG posted what games they will be selling for the days remaining in this month. I need to purchase one more CE to get my free game. 4 more days.

I liked the maze and fishing in this game. Didn't like the tunnel or the fight.
Like the suspense. Not happy either with the lack of CE Bling. You have skulls to collect but only 14. Not much. Who's big on morphs? Elephant? I can't remember if ERS or Amax for Grim Façade did morphs in the earlier games. I guess I could play one to know.

I'm sure everyone could pick up on who the bad guy was in the beginning before the big reveal. The only games I don't have are this one, the new Phantasmat and the new legacy. Unless they have a better one before the end of the month.

If there were no Bling at all, I would vote with my dollars and not buy the CE. If something better comes I may not buy this in CE but wait for the SV.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 28, 17 7:48 PM
Hello friends! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line to others. Well, unless I lost count somewhere along the line, I believe this might be #10 in this series. No, I do not have them all either. The graphics were actually very well done, very clear, with no real noticeable blurring. Game play was quite good and the scenes fit my large screen very well. Animation is really nice and realistic. Voices were not bad. The "bad guy" had quite a sinister voice, but the old man needed to actually sound like an old man. The one thing I really do not care for is the need to "choose" what I want to say. I wish to play a game, not figure out what I'm going to ask next. I haven't seen that it makes a difference which dialog you choose either. Music was the same few notes and got quite annoying very quickly. Sound FX aren't too bad. I did hear some background sounds now and then, but not a lot. Color was much better in this addition, than in previous games in this series, clearer and brighter. Again, we have the annoying "memory sphere" that collects energy to give a ghost enough power to help you out now and then. This really takes the fun out of a game for me. Be aware that when you are in the "dream" mode, there are bright lights. Fortunately, not often.

HOPs were a combination of interactive lists and silhouettes. The scenes were fairly clear and items were not difficult to find. Puzzles weren't all that challenging, but did take a little time to complete. None were really hard to figure out. The hint system is quite helpful, but there is no transport feature on this game. We do have a jump map, but it is very bland and only useful if you want to jump to a different location, assuming you know where you need to go. SG is the same and does show you where collectibles are hidden.

Collectibles were disappointing. I accidentally found out that I collected coins to buy items that help me progress through the game. Again, we find skulls, which are plenty large enough to see, do don't worry about missing any. This game definitely needs more in this department.

As with the last game in this series, I do not feel this game is CE worthy. The story was the same old boring line and moved too slowly for me. It was an okay game for a beginner, but it didn't have anything exciting to keep me interested and wanting more. Again, the lack of collectibles, choosing dialog and the boring sphere are the reasons I downgrade this game. I will recommend this one for beginners, but I don't feel a seasoned gamer would care much for this one. I'm sure there will be those who find this one fun, but it isn't for me, so no buy.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Dec 28, 17 10:53 PM
Hi, Majestyx12. BFG normally does a "Sneak Peak for the Week" on their facebook page on Mondays or Tuesdays, wherein they state what games will be forthcoming that week. I don't think they did one this week, though, possibly because of the holidays? Incidentally, as far as I know, you don't have to be on facebook yourself to visit their page. Doesn't help this week, since they didn't post this week, but it's something for anyone who's interested to know going forward.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Dec 29, 17 7:11 AM

Thank You for the Info.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Dec 29, 17 7:35 AM
Your welcome, hope it helps.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Dec 29, 17 12:39 PM
No buy for me! Boring and silly!

Abs

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 9, 18 12:05 AM
I bought it. The main game is fun. Plenty of hops. Need to do the bonus chapter yet.

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Jan 11, 18 1:09 PM
The bonus chapter is bitter sweet since it's a prequel. I liked the main game better.

jillaroogirl
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by jillaroogirl on Feb 2, 18 1:19 AM
I completely regret buying this game. The only reason I kept going was because I had paid for it. I skipped so many things, the storyline, some games as I was tired of the same old same old. There was nothing keeping me from wanting to play.

I think the first in the series was the best.

Go to: