bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 26, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Re:Welcome to Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds forum

[Post New]by jacaster on Jun 12, 10 6:01 AM
I am at the end of the first case and in autopsy. I need cotton swabs and some liquid to put on the hand but none is available at the site and there is nothing left in my inventory. I do not know if this is a game problem or if I just need to remove the game and download again. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by alandis1787 on Jun 17, 10 11:07 PM
You can get what you need from the other location listed.

[Post New]by pinkstilettos7 on Jul 25, 11 3:37 AM
jackaster!!! im having the same problem too!!

acstechn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by acstechn on Jul 25, 11 7:37 AM
Got the swabs and the solution but no matter how much I swab the hand, nothing happens. Any ideas??

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 25, 11 10:07 AM
Hey acstechn,

According to the walkthrough (you can click on this link):

# Look at the hand of the victim.

# Place the DILUTE NITRIC ACID on the table.

# Use the SWABS on the acid then swab the entire hand.

Here's a screenshot of that scene as well. If you need more help, I'd advise taking a look at the walkthrough to make sure that you haven't missed any steps. Hope this helps!

-bfgArnoStyx

aataz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by aataz on Aug 1, 11 11:58 AM
It doesn't!

I'm still having the same problem with the cotton swab in chapter 10 (French version on iPhone), despite four re-starts of the whole game and attentive reading of the walkthrough's indications.

The cotton swab always ends up disappearing, so that I remain stuck back in the office without any possibility to skip the step where I am supposed to analyse the swab.

There is definitely a technical problem with this step of the game... Please enable us at least to skip the step!!!!!

[Post New]by Tromimi on Aug 7, 11 3:33 PM
I was having exactly the same problem with the disappearing swab and scoured the Internet for a solution, to no avail. I even wrote to G5's support team...
And guess what? My 11-year-old son waltzed in and fixed it in 30 seconds, aaargh!!!
All he did was open the Inventory, took out the gun which was in 2nd place, then clicked on it when it was " outside". It then went back into the inventory, but in 3rd place, with an empty space left between the bullet (#1) and the gun. When he tapped (I'm on an iPad) on the empty space, the swab popped out of the inventory!! Problem solved! I have now moved on.
Hope this helps everyone.

[Post New]by Wedge82 on Dec 9, 11 10:35 AM
Nope, taking out the gun didn't work. I'm also on iPad. It was first in my inventory, with the bullet second. After taking it out, it went to second place, with the bullet first. Clicking on the other squares yielded nothing. Went back over everything, still nothing. Big bummer on a game I actually paid for.

[Post New]by Wedge82 on Dec 9, 11 10:46 AM
Finally! The trick (for me) was to go BACK to the forensics lab again. The first time, for whatever reason, there were no hidden objects. This time, they were all there, including the swabs and acid. I could then proceed to the autopsy room again, and swab the hand.

Go to: