bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 26, 10 1:26 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Special Enquiry Detail: The Hand that Feeds

[Post New]by Keziah000 on May 26, 10 1:30 AM
Yes - very similar in style to the Women's Murder Club series as others have said. Am not very far into the demo but love it already - it's a buy for me.

maxbridge
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by maxbridge on May 26, 10 1:35 AM
Smooth and easy running - have had no technical issues and can skip dialogue if want, but have clicked through it pretty quickly to get the idea of the story.
I like it so far, great graphics, music peaceful and not dark at all (YAY).
Will wait and see how long the game is after others comments - into chapter 3 after only 35 minutes but am enjoying it - a good mix of items though and not too easy.
Will make a decision before end of month but likely to buy especially if it has several chapters. Thanks.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on May 26, 10 3:40 AM
According to WT there are 12 chapters.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on May 26, 10 3:47 AM
I Don't think this game is for me. To much talking and not enough action.
For me, it's just a little boring. Sorry, to all of you that like it.

PuppyDogMom1
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by PuppyDogMom1 on May 26, 10 3:53 AM
20 minutes in and I'm bored already. Go to a scene...talk to someone...maybe find evidence...collect the hidden objects which have nothing to do with anything. Maybe further in it gets more interesting but I'd have to figure out how to stay awake to get further in.

Not a buy for me, but others might really like it.

mylilpony
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by mylilpony on May 26, 10 4:04 AM
standard murder HOG. Why do game makers put some objects in places they would never be seen. A ball on a wall, a bird in a fish bowl or whatever, give me a break. Cannot understand why the police captain Vance is such a miserable person in this one. I guess some of you will like this game. For me, it's not up to par with the better whodunit HOGs. I'll pass.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on May 26, 10 4:24 AM
Nope ...I know there has to be something better then this coming to the pond this week & these type of games give me anxiety something terrible ,......,,make my toes curl ? I"ll wait with baited breath,,, (hehe) for tomorrows catch ....Cheers

[Post New]by birdlady101 on May 26, 10 5:18 AM
Just finished the demo....it is ok. Storyline is alright....not sure if this is a buy for me or not....maybe if it goes to the $2.99 price...

burningswan
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by burningswan on May 26, 10 6:17 AM
Having played just about every HOG and HOG variation, my comment is this. Many objects are way too small. I've played games with a magnifying glass and this one, though nicely drawn, will be a pain for those who do mind looking for a blurred speck out the window. Otherwise, after 30 mins, I liked the atmosphere and the scenes are interesteing.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on May 26, 10 6:45 AM
Have to agree with burning swan--some objects are too small. This will be frustrating for some. I clicked through much of the dialogue. The hint button re-charges pretty quickly. I think this is a buy at the special 30% off!

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on May 26, 10 6:51 AM
Played most of the demo and enjoyed every minute of it. The graphics are nice and clear and not to dark. To be honest, I do not remember the music, I did not turn it down so it must have not been annoying. I like the interaction between the people, If there were no interaction I think it would be rather boring. I am a fan of HOGs, but I want a story to go with it, and Special Enquiry Detail has that.

This is a buy for me. Thanks BF

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on May 26, 10 7:06 AM
I am sorry But I do not understand about fishies upset with talking in a game.

If you were watching this At a movie or on TV, you would say GREAT STORY.

I am enjoying the story but i am bored with the HOG part.
I AGREE that some of items are not in great places. Its like when you play a "PERIOD" game ( I mean like in the old times or a certain theme ) you get items that are ??

Happy Gaming to those who enjoy the game

PEN

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on May 26, 10 7:13 AM
I agree that the objects are in places where you wouldn't expect them to be. Also a pillow on a lampshade the same color is just ridiculous. I was looking for jaws and had to use a hint to find out it was a denture! Come on people, lets use the proper names for things. I had to use way too many hints because the objects are too fuzzy and too tiny for my eyes. Not a buy for me. It's a shame, because it could have been an interesting game otherwise.

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on May 26, 10 7:13 AM
Played the hour to chapter 4.....but not for me.....too much talking for me..not enough puzzles..but I'm sure some will enjoy.....
Happy Gaming....

spyque
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,211 Posts

[Post New]by spyque on May 26, 10 7:16 AM
Well, it IS very much like Women's Murder Club (but not near as good as that). I love that it's gritty and realistic. Some things were tiny but just tiny enough to make me work towards finding them. Some dialogue was necessary to the plot. I could have done without some of the catty remarks between the parners.
Not something I'm willing to buy just now. Maybe when it comes out on a daily deal, or if I have a free game coupon.

taigood
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by taigood on May 26, 10 7:19 AM
Cool relaxing game. With a nice story

And compared to others, items are quite easy to spot.

After 50 min of demo I... bought it.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on May 26, 10 7:19 AM
This one is a buy for me. I don't usually get involved in the story line but this one has me hooked. I want to find out what happened.
Graphics are crisp. I didn't have too much trouble finding objects. They are well hidden but not impossible to find. Great hint system. The characters fit the story very well. I am enjoying the dialogue on this game. According to the walkthrough the puzzles will be up my alley for sure. I love slider puzzles. And it will be a good length of play for me. It's a pretty standard HOG. But, there are some inventory items stored that need to be put to use. It's pretty straightforward. It's nice to have a couple of these games to give the old brain a rest.
Thank you BF and thanks to the developers.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on May 26, 10 7:26 AM
I agree biomix. And I will buy it. I like this type of game.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 26, 10 7:38 AM
I also agree with patnsky and biomix, great game and great reviews.

Thanks, Big Fish and to the rest of you all...Happy Gaming !!! Terry

Go to: