bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Hotdog Hotshot

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 26, 10 4:45 AM
Become a Hotdog Hotshot in New York City! Compete against other vendors in a reality TV show and win the coveted Golden Hotdog! Keep your customers full of delicious wieners and serve up tasty treats to eliminate your competition and become the best!

Re:Hotdog Hotshot

[Post New]by foreverfrida on May 29, 10 8:53 AM
This game is great, but really hard! I would be interested in hearing tips from people who are able to get past the middle of the second week...

Thanks!
FF

[Post New]by kay_v_bee on May 29, 10 11:36 PM
When are we able to purchase upgrades. I agree it is difficult to level up. I am at week 3 day 2. been there since yesterday.

[Post New]by c_gamer02 on May 31, 10 8:41 AM
I finished this great game. The following upgrades helped. A bigger grill which cooks up to 4 hamburgers and 6 hotdogs. The fryer for 3 objects, typically onion rings are ordered more than french fries. I had 3 frying pans for onions, and such. I did not feel the need for more frying pans. I purchased one 2 plates to always keep an extra hot dog and hamburger on. I saved my money to buy those upgrades I thought most valuable. I did not upgrade some of the cheaper objects. I am playing the challenge mode now.

[Post New]by cutelilram on May 31, 10 10:22 AM
I beat the story mode and now I am playing the challenge mode. I was wondering, how do you get gold stars on each level in order to unlock the secret level after the challenge. So far, I played the challenge at the Brooklyn Bridge and only received silver stars. I killed the goals for each part of the level. What is the gold star requirement?

[Post New]by foreverfrida on May 31, 10 10:54 AM
How far along in the game do you have to get before you can buy upgrades? That option is still grayed out for me and I am in the middle of week 3...

[Post New]by cutelilram on May 31, 10 12:29 PM
You have to earn enough money over the goal. So if the goal is $720 and you earn $750, then you have earned $30 towards an upgrade. I believe that the cheapest upgrades are $800. You won't be able to upgrade until you reach a profit of $800 or more.

[Post New]by foreverfrida on May 31, 10 3:40 PM
Oh man. I am just barely getting by the levels....I wonder how long it will take me to have that much profit!

Thanks!
FF

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Jun 2, 10 2:16 PM
Yay!! A tough time management game!!

But guess what? The tables are turned now, as this poor deprived PC user (me) has to wait for it to be released for my computer. Now I can empathize with you Mac Lovers and understand how it's frustrating to wait for a game to be out, but it's not yet available on your platform

Don K

[Post New]by samkipp on Jun 2, 10 8:56 PM
hello dudes.

quick tip - don't buy upgrades immediately. save up for the best in each category. i restarted the game a half dozen times before i figured out i didn't need to buy the $800 board before the $1200. getting the best quality items takes a LITTLE longer but your profits are much higher.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jun 3, 10 8:28 AM
I agree with everyone here who has finished (you are all fab, by the way, as this is really hard - am half way through week 9 with biggest grill, chopping board, largest coffee and corn etc and STILL can't get enough wonga to go on). You DO need the most important upgrades first, such as the large board and grill.

I've found it also helps to try to keep your board filled up with burger and hotdog buns and just keep cooking the meat up. Remember that whilst it burns if left on the stove too long, it will not deteriorate on the board - no matter how long you leave it there.

Also, I have found it's best to keep "circling" through your customers at the higher levels, i.e. give them all something whilst they wait - one after the other. Don't just feed one person four items at once and leave the others waiting (except the stinky guy, of course, who you DO want to get rid of asap). And just keep frying those onion rings and fries so you always have plenty on the board on the left.

Oh, yeah, and keep the celeb around for as long as possible. Celebs seem to get a kick out of being papped and are more patient.

It's a great game. I just adore cooking games!

Have fun everyone. See you around

[Post New]by kay_v_bee on Jun 6, 10 9:38 PM
Ok, I guess I am still doing something wrong because I am in week 4 and my upgrades box is sitll grey. Also, how do you get two different modes of play because my version is only showing the story mode. Helppppppp!!

KIW0612
Herring
Herring
376 Posts

[Post New]by KIW0612 on Jun 7, 10 12:46 AM
OK, I'm confused! If this is "Tomorrows Game Today" it means it is being released today (6-7-10) - correct? Then how is it that most comments in the forum are dated May 26 or May 29?

thanks,
KIW0612

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jun 7, 10 5:46 AM
Kiwi,

Looks like it was released for Mac on May 26 & PC today, thus the comment on having the tables turned...

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jun 7, 10 9:19 AM
Upgrades can be bought as soon as you have enough money. I have been getting upgrades since the middle of week 1, and they are helpful.

The game is good, a very frantic TMG, that is very similar to the "George Bush Hotdog" one (can't remember exact name right now, sorry ) available to play online at BFG. I thought that one was hilarious (it could have been even more if he had been giving away Turkey in Thanksgiving). If you practice with either you will be well trained to face the other.

It is quite challenging, and very entertaining. I liked also the range of avatars to choose from. The game is pure and simple TM action, storyline very simple but it doesn't need more, artwork fun and brightcolored (not too sophisticated), adequate sound effects. It all focuses on the gameplay which is good as in this one you will need to concentrate and perform really fast.

PS to developers: "Vaya con Dios" my friends, not "Via con Dios".

salem01
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by salem01 on Jun 7, 10 12:38 PM
I played the trial version and fell in love with this game so i purchased it i'm on my upgrades thanks for the tips

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jun 7, 10 2:24 PM
Gieyo wrote:
PS to developers: "Vaya con Dios" my friends, not "Via con Dios".

ROFL!!! Good catch!

EnvirolBek
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by EnvirolBek on Jun 8, 10 9:57 AM
Oh... my .. gosh. Either this game requires you to move really fast, or I am going faster then I need to and it's keeping up with me. By the time the day is done I feel like I've been holding my breath trying to make sure all my customers were served! So far, very fun though! Hope I can keep up this pace to finish it.

mizzmm
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
435 Posts

[Post New]by mizzmm on Jun 8, 10 5:34 PM
how do you go back and replay a week?

i understand about profits and thank you for
the answer. still trying to decide if i want to
purchase.

mizzmm

missearl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by missearl on Aug 26, 10 3:06 AM
Regarding earning gold in challenge mode:

The sum you see at the beginning of the day is the minimum amount required to win a BRONZE star. To get a GOLD star on e.g. Brooklyn Bridge on the first day you need to get more than 900 points. (You only need 450 to earn a bronze star).

The amount required to win gold STARS or gold MEDALS differs from day to day and depends also on what location you are at i.e. Times Square is more difficult than Brooklyn Bridge. Day 1 is easier than Day 6.

Now, to get a gold MEDAL - which is calculated at the END of the week you need (in Brooklyn Bridge level) a TOTAL of 6680 points. (A bronze medal only requires 3750 points).

As long as you have the correct amount of POINTS you will win your gold MEDAL as the medal is based on points earned and not on the actual daily stars won. So in theory you could win a gold medal with three gold stars and two silvers, or four gold stars and a bronze, or three gold stars and a silver and a bronze.

However going for gold is good because there's more:
Win 5 GOLD MEDALS and you will win a trophy
Win 15 GOLD MEDALS and you will unlock a secret level!

Go to: