bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Hotdog Hotshot

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 26, 10 4:47 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Hotdog Hotshot? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Re:Your Comments and Review for Hotdog Hotshot

[Post New]by Precious5881 on Jun 7, 10 8:18 AM
I was only able to watch the video today because the game isn't out yet. It looks alot like Hotdog Bush that I played for free on yahoo a while back. It does look interesting and I'm a time management crazed person so I'll probably play this one. It really depends on wither or not I'm still interested after the 1 hour free trial if that comes available.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jun 7, 10 9:22 AM
Apparently it is a version of Hotdog Bush (also available online at BFG). I'm not sure where I should post it, so I'm re.posting my review here. Sorry for the inconveniences!

Upgrades can be bought as soon as you have enough money. I have been getting upgrades since the middle of week 1, and they are helpful.

The game is good, a very frantic TMG, that is very similar to the "George Bush Hotdog" one (can't remember exact name right now, sorry ) available to play online at BFG. I thought that one was hilarious (it could have been even more if he had been giving away Turkey in Thanksgiving). If you practice with either you will be well trained to face the other.

It is quite challenging, and very entertaining. I liked also the range of avatars to choose from. The game is pure and simple TM action, storyline very simple but it doesn't need more, artwork fun and brightcolored (not too sophisticated), adequate sound effects. It all focuses on the gameplay which is good as in this one you will need to concentrate and perform really fast.

PS to developers: "Vaya con Dios" my friends, not "Via con Dios".

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on Jun 7, 10 9:40 AM
Definitley agree with Gieyo this is a very challenging game. I did not get to buy any upgrades so I already am not doing so well and already repeating levels at week 2.
Very fast, very clicky.

I did like the game and will buy it when in the mood for a challenge

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jun 7, 10 10:32 AM
Awesome game. A buy for me, soon as I have the money.

Cartoonish characters take nothing away from the frantic clicking of the game.

You basically cook hot dogs, starting with 2 (or 4?) and movin' up to 6 and more. Then you've got the fries, rings, coffee, pop etc. Ketchup, thieves, what else? I made it to the third city in the demo.

Tips:

When you hand out anything but dogs (and I assume burgers) this includes ketchup, click on the pop/coffee/fries etc then click on the persons you want to give it to, you don't have to click the item again, so that really helps.

Invest asap in a bigger board/grill and fryer too.
The fryer board can hold up to 3 orders of fried good. stock up!

and if it DOES get too fast, leave money on the counter, and if the thief takes it, just click on him to make him drop it.

Too bad the demos are only an hour

I forgot to add, cheeeeezy movie at the beginning. Soooo like some competitions on TV LOL! could have been a tad shorter but at least there is a skip button!

Awesome!

Edited on 06/07/2010 at 10:33:04 AM PST

missgriz
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by missgriz on Jun 7, 10 10:38 AM
I love it but i am a tmg nut i have to buy them all and if you cant get your games you want try the day before try mozilla firefox.... I can`t get them on explorer but I can on firefox Happy Gaming

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jun 7, 10 10:46 AM
Wow, my mouse is on fire! This is a fun game, albeit frantic I love TM games, but sometimes I feel like a turtle on a tredmill. Anyway, I used one of my credits for this and I fortell many hours of Hotdogs.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jun 7, 10 11:02 AM
Thats one of the best cooking tm-games I have ever played. I love it. You can also make frites, burgers, serve cola and many more. The game is a little bit challenging but I like it a lot. It has 100 levels and if you have finished the game you can replay all levels in "challenge mode". Happy gaming! I have bought it today of course

Edited on 06/07/2010 at 11:03:13 AM PST

[Post New]by MeganMontgomery on Jun 7, 10 1:37 PM
Fun game although I wish the customers were at the bottom of the screen instead of the top. It's more intuitive to move the mouse down rather than up. I think if the developers would've flipped the layout it would be much much better.

It doesn't really get challenging until you have to start putting cheese on the burgers and hot dogs. The celebrity character appearances help by giving you a little extra time before the customers start getting really mad but I still wish the game didn't demand such a frantic pace. I'm getting too slow in my old age to keep up with these types of games for much longer.

I bought the game and am at week 6. I can't seem to get past that week, it's rough. A hundred levels you say?? I doubt I'll see them all at this pace..lol

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jun 7, 10 2:29 PM
Wasn't planning on liking this one as I more like the "building" type TM's but was hooked by the end of the demo & already used my coupon from filling my punchcard last month.
Holy Cow, this game is frantic. Those of you who don't like the "stress" of TM games will hate this one. Fairly easy through the first round & now I am in round 3 & can't even pass I find I have to take a break fairly often cuz my reflexes start slowing down every few games. A nice solid TM game.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jun 7, 10 3:54 PM
The demo hooked me as well so I picked this one up. I'm on week three now and it's highly questionable whether or not I will ever see the end of this game.

hotdog29
Stingray
Stingray
4,525 Posts

[Post New]by hotdog29 on Jun 7, 10 3:56 PM
HMMMMM!!

What's this all about???

hotdog

[Post New]by MeganMontgomery on Jun 7, 10 5:05 PM
I finally made it to week 7 and this game has gotten just totally insane.

Burgers
hotdogs
cheese
mustard
ketchup
lettuce
onions
fried eggs
corn
french fries
onion rings
coffee
juice
soda
stinky customers
forgetful customers who don't pay unless you click on them
thieves

Insanity!!!!

Seji
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by Seji on Jun 7, 10 5:50 PM
This is a very challenging game with lots of clicking. If that's your thing, this is your game!

I love TMG's but this one was just a bit too much for me.

Svengoolie
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Svengoolie on Jun 7, 10 8:20 PM
Pretty much what everyone else is saying. It's a lot of fun and really fast paced. After playing the demo my fingers are in so much pain trying to keep up!

Although it can move at your own pace, as people don't fill up spots if you leave the money sitting there.

[Post New]by biblereader1611 on Jun 7, 10 8:55 PM
I love TM games but have been tired lately....and have been lazy. This one is fast paced and looks like lots of new items to come which keeps it interesting. It is always hard when people "crowd the counter" instead of lining up...you can't remember who you should serve first....and have to look for anger sometimes...would be nice if they had an anger/happy bar above their head (like in Diner Dash or Burger Shop).

I played it for the hour and decided after a drought of games that would interest me, to go ahead and buy this one.

It reminds me a bit of the Delicious Deluxe, Burger Shop, or Cooking Dash which require specific steps for specific items...while this is more challenging it also improves game interest.

Keep up the great games!
From a MA Gamer

ToonaCat
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by ToonaCat on Jun 7, 10 9:18 PM
I really liked it -- but my hands just can't keep up with the clicking (I'm on a computer all day at work, so can't click as much as I used to without pain). But for TM fans who like things fast and challenging, this is a really fun game!

Edited on 06/07/2010 at 9:18:32 PM PST

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jun 8, 10 1:46 PM
Wow, Megan I am with you! I am on Level 6, week 1 & can't move up. Since I am barely able to pass each level I have only been able to upgrade the grill & bread plate. This game is definitely frantic & I can only play about 1/2 hour at a time! However, the challenge is rather addicting

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jun 8, 10 1:48 PM
One thing I didn't see on this game was once you start blowing a level, I wish there was a restart button. Once you lose one customer, you might as well forget it!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jun 8, 10 6:21 PM
sorry, guys just didn't get into this one... the controls were a little sloppy and it just isn't "popping" with the enthusiasm that so many other games have given us [me+my niece] lately... to those of you enjoying the game, keep on cooking... i can smell the dogs from here!

Go to: