Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Dark City: London here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 29, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/29/2017 at 9:20:46 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Dark City: London here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Dec 29, 17 9:20 AM
Howdy Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Dark City: London here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Dark City: London.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgIlinalta

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 3, 18 1:28 PM

I love this game, the more I played it, the better it got, which is a rare thing nowadays! I love the voice of the detective too, I think its by the same person who did the voice-over in the Enigmatis series. If you love Sherlock Holmes type mysteries, that take place in the Dark City itself, you're in for a treat with Dark City: London, I just hope they continue this series, that this isn't a one and done kind of game. Even though the game is a fairly easy game to play, it never seems repetitive and boring, unlike some games who include a bunch of meaningless tasks to stretch the game out to give it the appearance of being a long game. The only reason I gave this game just 4 stars, is ONLY because I prefer the Collector's Edition version, over this Standard Edition. My favorite feature is finding Morphing Object's, and in the CE version, not only are there collectible Dominoes to find, but there are also two Morphing Objects to find in every location (I'm doing my Happy Dance right now

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 4, 18 9:59 AM
i got through abouy 6 mins of this before becoming bored. way too much dialogue i never got out of the carriage! just my opinion, try it for yourself

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Jan 4, 18 6:58 PM
Boring and tedious. Graphics left a lot to be desired and not typical of this developer. They were washed out and grainy in many scenes and sometimes too dark. Hos were terrible. Was falling asleep. The best part is when the demo ended.

Radgame
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by Radgame on Jan 13, 18 12:42 PM
Based on completed game:

Fantastic game that kept my interest going, I was never bored nor felt anything to be repetitive. This is truly a work of love in the sense that the Devs. have gone all out to making every aspect of the same 'ol just that bit different.

The story is fun, characters are easy to relate to (not gnomes, fairies, etc!), story unfolds really well across those carriage rides.....gosh, this was just FUN to play.
Loved the HOPs, puzzles were on the easier side but still popped in at the right places, good animation and decent VOs. Overall graphics were really good. No gimmicks used.

Absolutely worth it!

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Jan 16, 18 1:31 PM
I thought this was a great game. Not boring at all to me and had a nice flow to it. It was simple but had a different story line. The mini-games were some I have never seen before. Now some of the games you had to work a little but most were so easy they may have well as said put, I, 2, 3, and 4 here. I would have liked them to be harder at least more of them as games are my favorite. But over all I enjoyed very much.

[Post New]by BearCreekStables on Jan 16, 18 1:33 PM
I wish we had an "I agree" button and I would have clicked it on Radgame instead of writing a review. .

MaryLent
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLent on Jan 23, 18 4:26 PM
This is a well done game. The first in a long while that I was sorry when it ended!

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Jan 24, 18 6:10 PM
Oh now, I like this. Even read thru the chit chat which normally is so out of here. Graphics, meh but some scenes are easier on the eye than others. Loved the first hidden object game in the demo, sold!--and the briefcase mini ain't too shabby either. Some unexpected plot twists early on. Got this game via the mega sale. Cheerio, pip pip!

Edit: Finished the game. You have to suspend disbelief at times and "play along." I don't think LED numerals were around during the dawn of the Big Ben era and there is a tiny mixup in one of the mini games. We've all seen the old "stuck key and the newspaper under the door" trick many times. Graphics overall are mediocre in quality and a bit heavy with the greys. However, this is a cute and humorous little game--cute hidden objects, fun little mini games and interesting plot twists now and then. Glad I got it on sale.

Edited on 01/26/2018 at 4:17:05 PM PST

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Feb 7, 18 9:20 AM

I enjoyed this game. It strolled along at just the right pace without too much of this silly back and forth to find stuff.

Some HOPS and puzzles were a bit different from the norm and well done.

A bit too much chat for my liking and some of the accents, oh dear ! If they were trying for Cockney, they missed by a country mile. Having lived in a London suburb for 15 years, the voices grated somewhat. But I'm being picky.

It's a good game, well presented, and held my interest. Can't ask for more than that !

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Mar 22, 18 9:04 PM
Last month I thought I'd take a chance and by this game with a PCC since I'm usually not too fond of detective story's. Boy howdy did I enjoy it and now I'm wishing I had got the CE. The story line, graphics, music and the puzzles & hops were very good.
Please check out the positive reviews written by by fellow Fishies to see a more descriptive description of this game and if you get it , I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
The only complaint I have was a noticeable lag between scenes.
The Developers have been putting out some good games [keep it up ]

I'm giving this one a & 3/4 out of possible 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale

roaming
Clownfish
Clownfish
644 Posts

[Post New]by roaming on Mar 28, 18 6:11 PM
I didn't care for this game at all and quit before the demo was up. There are way too many puzzles... puzzles within HOS and HOS within puzzles. I also didn't like the deduction tool, which in effect is simply yet another puzzle. What with all of that going on, it felt like the game was moving forward way too slowly, and nothing to hold my interest. The graphics were just okay in some cases, blurred and grainy in others. I can't recommend this game.

Go to: