bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 27, 10 1:26 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition ? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 27, 10 1:29 AM
Outstanding work of art!!! Just "dive" into the intriguing plot, and pass to the fantasy world of the puppets!

Adventure HOG, build-in strategy guide (I really love it) a lot of walking back and forth, but quite logic development. Gorgeous graphics, fast refill of hints, viewable objects. Worth every penny...

Thanks developers! Thanks BF!

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Nilosh on May 27, 10 1:33 AM
FINALLY ITS HERE!!!! Im doing the Snoopy dance as it downloads. Have not demoed it, just went straight for the BUY button as soon as I saw it. The first Puppet show is amongst my top 10 favorite BFG games. Thanks you BFG.

[Post New]by GamerGirl_31 on May 27, 10 1:35 AM
This game looks to be awesome. I'm downloading it right now. Probably will purchase as I loved the first one and this one, even though it's a CE, looks to be worth the $20.

Keep up the great work.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 27, 10 2:38 AM
Casual Gram
Great Review, I also though it was a super game. I am so happy for you and always, Happy Gaming!!!

Keziah000
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by Keziah000 on May 27, 10 3:14 AM
Awesome! Briliant! Fantabulous!!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 27, 10 3:21 AM
CasualGran wrote:
TerryMann wrote: Casual Gram
Great Review, I also though it was a super game. I am so happy for you and always, Happy Gaming!!!

Thank you and likewise! I suppose you've bought it too?
Yep, you know it.... I also wanted to say that I really hope you have a great time with Puppet Show 2, I am enjoying it too. Have a great Memorial Day Weekend and take care!!

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 3:54:00 AM PST

tarbarme
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by tarbarme on May 27, 10 4:00 AM
wows its a great game I love the graphics and its creepy but not heart stopping. Its great to see the walkthrough can be used while u play the game and u don't have to go to the title screen. A big winner for me.

Yosemite1956c
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by Yosemite1956c on May 27, 10 4:25 AM
That's what I'm talking about!!! Great creepy graphics and so far, good game play. Have to go to work now...looking forward to finishing the demo.

riafree
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,380 Posts

[Post New]by riafree on May 27, 10 4:37 AM
I love this game. Great game.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 27, 10 4:44 AM
Hi riafree, great to hear it and enjoy your Memorial Day Weekend!!

redneck57
Catfish
Catfish
1,606 Posts

[Post New]by redneck57 on May 27, 10 4:56 AM
I am enjoying the reviews. I just want to ask a question. In the description, it states that the collectors edition has "hours of bonus gameplay"...For anyone who has finished the game. How long did you find the game itself, and then the bonus gameplay...Thank you and happy gaming

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on May 27, 10 5:18 AM
Sitting here..Tap Tap Tap....its downloading ...WOOOO HOOOO..

tizza
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by tizza on May 27, 10 5:31 AM

Love it, love it love it - this is a beautiful game. To look at and to play. It is elegant, attractive and mysterious. Good storyline. Appropriate hidden objects. Music just right. It is a fitting sequel to the first game. This is a worthy Collector's Edition.
After the last few days of hair pulling with another game, this is a joy. Seamlessly executed. Kudos to the developers.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 27, 10 5:54 AM
This game has it right in so many way's and for that... it is an absolute joy to play. I was captivated from the beginning scenes and know it will be a struggle not to purchase the CE.

Indy70
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Indy70 on May 27, 10 6:23 AM
Please please no shoving or finning anyone in the checkout lane - back, back - please give all the fishies some room, there are plenty of these to go around....

A buy for me, no downloading a trial - just want it NOW. IMO, the original was one of the best games BFG brought to the pond and I loved it. A couple reviews was all it took today and I snapped up the CE and it's mine, mine, all mine.

Happy Gaming and a Safe and Happy Memorial Day to all. I'll be back and forth filling my game library and more punch cards during the 30% off sale this weekend.

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on May 27, 10 6:34 AM
Just finished the demo with 8 minutes left of the hour. What a lovely game!
I really like the slightly 'fuzzy' graphics, I think it gave a more 'shabby chic' look to the game rather than it being difficult to focus on the pictures!
I would like to have a better idea of game length - the first Puppetshow was done & dusted really quickly and I felt a bit let down by it. If this game lasts 3-4 hrs, I'd be very happy
I haven't bought a CE before and it does say 'hours of extra...'. If this is true and the 'main' game is a good length, then I will be seriously tempted to buy.

The game ran smoothly - none of this sticking curser nonsense I've had on other games recently.
The cuts from scene to scene was a little slow - black screens for up to 30 seconds (I am impatient!)
Music wasn't distracting or irritating although I usually turn it off anyway.
Plenty of moving about - I like having to revisit areas to complete tasks. The H.O screens were clear and I only referred to the lists for the last couple of items in each- maybe they were too easy?? Whatever, it didn't lessen the enjoyment of the game for me.

My opinion - this could be a big winner for BFG.

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on May 27, 10 8:02 AM
finished demo with 12 minutes left to play. graphics great, music a bit annoying but not an issue. hidden objects are very obvious and no challenge to find.
I like the game and think it is fun to play but overall easy peasy. not going to spend 20 bucks on it but will likely buy it with a game credit in the future. it is a beautiful game.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on May 27, 10 8:05 AM
Ditto to all of the above. I immediately, impatiently downloaded the demo and loved every minute of it. My question is how much bonus play does the CE have over the regular edition. My budget is such that the CEs are usually out of the question, but this game is special.

Also, can we buy the CE on the 30% off special this weekend?

What joy these casual games have brought into my life. I used to start my day by grumbling over coffee (I am a night person). Now I grab my coffee and run to the computer to see what is new and exciting.

Go, go, go - Happy Gaming to all.

shecia1
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by shecia1 on May 27, 10 8:12 AM
Can't use the 30% on a CE. Bummer. How far does the demo go? I ran out of time and didn't get to look at the SG to see the Chapter descriptions

Go to: