bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 27, 10 1:26 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 03/01/2018 at 10:26:49 AM PST

irishmist
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Re:Post any Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by irishmist on May 27, 10 3:32 AM
well thhis is the first time I've had technical problems with a new game. I keep getting error messages. Can't even play the game at all.It says access violation.

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

Re:Post any Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by guylee1 on May 27, 10 6:20 AM
I can not seem to enter the stratergy guide. When I click on it the screen darkens and nothing else happens. I'm stuck at the castle gates and can not go further without it. Help!

lee

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on May 27, 10 7:08 AM
Great Game but..............I also have problems with the strategy Guide. When you press it it has an error reading and then throws you out. For $20.00 I can't buy it unless it is fixed. Not even at $7.

guylee1
Marlin
Marlin
8,309 Posts

[Post New]by guylee1 on May 27, 10 7:24 AM
schuldi, did you also notice there is no mention of the bonus game, etc? It is like we got the $6.99 version and I already bought it for $20.00!

FunIt
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by FunIt on May 27, 10 7:50 AM
I have also a problem with the strategy guide. Screen darkens, then nothing. When I click somewhere on top of the screen I'm back in the game, that's all, no crash.
I finished the game without it, but I have still paid for it!

Guylee1, you can enter the bonus game when you finished the regular game. Took me about an hour to play.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on May 27, 10 8:04 AM
Guylee, I haven't bought it yet. May wait for the $7.00 version. Usually BF fixes all the problems "bf" releasing them. Lately that is not the case. Had big problems with The Heritage.
For the money, we should not have to get technical help for these games. I for one am a senior and know nothing about computers and the fixings. If it does play I usually don't buy and I have a huge collection from BF.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on May 27, 10 8:11 AM
I can't access the strategy guide either. Every time I click on it it throws me out of the game and I get an 'Access violation error'. Now I would like to buy the game but if it not working properly then should I pay $20.00?

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 8:12:20 AM PST

jlbaughn1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jlbaughn1 on May 27, 10 8:18 AM
I also can't get the Strategy Guide to open, page just dims. Otherwise no other problem navigating the game. Which, is really great so far.

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on May 27, 10 8:20 AM
Karen, I would wait until we hear something from BF before buying this.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 27, 10 8:27 AM

Just want to ask the players who can't access the Strategy Guide....

Are you clicking on the words "STRATEGY GUIDE" in the lower right corner of each scene (it's very tiny) or are you trying to access it from the "Extras" menu?

You will not be able to access it from the "Extras" menu. Just wanted to check to see if that could be the problem some are experiencing.

Thanks,

MargieB

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 8:40:01 AM PST

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on May 27, 10 8:54 AM
Hi Margie, lower right under the menu.

[Post New]by detqueenie on May 27, 10 9:16 AM
Add me to the list of those who can't access the Strategy Guide from the link in the lower right-hand corner: it freezes, then crashes.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 27, 10 9:31 AM
Thanks schuldi and detqueenie for the information.

We'll hopefully have a fix soon.

Thanks

MargieB

schuldi
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by schuldi on May 27, 10 9:34 AM
thx, you are a sweetie

[Post New]by etousley on May 27, 10 9:38 AM
Wow. I haven't had any problems or issues with the game. Everything is running smoothly and I have no issue with accessing the strategy guide. BTW, I LOVE having the the strategy guide accessible while you're "inside" the game. It makes things a whole lot easier.

I still don't know if I'm going to buy the CE yet. I'm waiting for the Gamezebo review. In order for me to purchase a CE there has to be a significant amount of extras to make it worthwhile. I hope everybody gets help with the technical errors!

[Post New]by grabernice on May 27, 10 10:10 AM
I have purchased the collector's addition and cannot access the strategy guide. This is the reason I paid $20 for this game. If I can not access it, please refund my money.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 27, 10 11:29 AM
I, too, can't open the Strategy Guide from the link in the lower right corner. The page dims; when I click on the 'button' again, I'm back in the game, which other than that runs fine so far.
(Actually same behaviour as clicking on the Strategy guide in the Extras menu: page dims, click somewhere and back in the game.)

Very big sigh! For me the SG would be one reason to buy the CE, so hoping for a fix RSN, please...

Windows XP Home Edition SP3 (German), NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS, all drivers and stuff updated; anything else you need to know?

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on May 27, 10 12:45 PM
Don't know if this is relevant but I went ahead and bought the game anyway and now the strategy guide works.

lopie65
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by lopie65 on May 27, 10 12:54 PM
having the same trouble with the guide click in right corner and page dims please help 20.00 is a lot of money

Go to: