Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 30, 17 12:35 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 12/30/2017 at 10:16:39 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by lexus1girl on Dec 30, 17 7:14 AM
I'm using windows 10. The screen is glitching non-stop . I uninstalled and reinstalled and it didn't help. Not sure how to make it stop doing that.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Totty_Tara on Dec 30, 17 8:24 AM
I paid for and downloaded this game but after skipping the intro it came up with "lua Runtime Error". I did everything I could to restore the game such as reinstalling Game Manager and reinstalling game etc etc etc but no joy!
What next please?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 30, 17 10:16 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 30, 17 10:26 AM
Hello lexus1girl and Totty_Tara,

I'm really sorry The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition hasn't been working properly. I'm swimming over to see what we can do to fix that!

lexus1girl: It sounds like some display issues have been occurring. First, let's take a look at whether there's a new version of the computer's video card driver to download. This driver directs how the computer's graphics display, and the developers regularly release new versions to keep everything running smoothly. I'd also recommend running the game in Administrator's Mode to increase its permissions on the computer. The help pages below will walk you through that process.

Run Game as Administrator

Totty_Tara: When runtime errors occur, I always suggest running a Windows Update. I'd also recommend checking to see whether a new version of the video card driver is available, too.

If these suggestions don't work, please contact our Technical Support Team. You're also welcome to PM me or another moderator if new questions or concerns arise. We're always happy to help.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 01/06/2018 at 12:00:41 PM PST

pigqueen
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by pigqueen on Dec 31, 17 9:40 AM
Updated Nividia....running Windows 10....run as administrator didn't help. Have trashed and downloaded twice. Game visual jumps and twitches like a seizure. Am trashing for the last time. Won't buy this game!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Dec 31, 17 11:13 AM
Hi pigqueen,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble with how the game appears on the screen even after troubleshooting. When trying out the steps we can offer on the forum does not correct the issue, the best course is to send a message to our Technical Support Team. They can help us gather information useful for tracking issues our players run into, and they can also offer further assistance.

Please send a PM to me or another Moderator if there are any remaining questions. We're always happy to help to the best of our abilities.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by lslazar on Dec 31, 17 2:59 PM
Hi Nexus 1 girl,
I had the same problem. I tried re-downloading, etc, but nothing worked. In desperation, I started the game again under a different profile, and voila! It worked perfectly. Hope that works for you.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Dec 31, 17 5:03 PM
Also Windows 10, and it is almost like a strobe light is running behind the game. I couldn't take it long enough to set up a profile. I don't need a migraine inducing screen: it was driving me nuts. Disappointed because I enjoy this developer's games. Will wait for a fix.

alfresco
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by alfresco on Jan 2, 18 1:11 PM
Locks up with 'lau runtime error' at start Windows 10 home, 64bit.
Deleted game, re-installed, same lockup and error. Demo plays OK.
W10 is fully updated.

Since the game is dead, I would like a refund.

Dave B.

[Post New]by shortykaye on Jan 2, 18 3:49 PM
I'M USING WIN.7 DEMO WORKED FINE .BROUGHT THE GAME DIDN'T WORK .IGET SOUND FROM GAME BUT A BLANK SCREEN

muxxy
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by muxxy on Jan 3, 18 12:29 AM
Same here. Demo worked fine. Bought game now it won.t open. Using windows 10, have checked everything is up to date, uninstalled and re installed game and game manager and nothing works, When will this be fixed or how do I go about getting a refund?

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 3, 18 11:45 AM
Hey Everyone,

It sounds like there have been some visual issues as well as difficulty getting the game to open up. I also see a report of a Runtime Error coming up. Let's go over some troubleshooting to see if that will help get things working better.

For display errors, the best things to check for are updates for video card drivers. It can also help to adjust the screen resolution in some cases. These two things have a lot to do with how games look and perform on any given system, so they're a great place to get started. Steps for these possibilities can be found here:

Video Driver Updates
Screen Resolution

For Windows 10 players specifically, these steps may be helpful for adjusting setting to help the game perform as well as it can:

Windows 10

A Runtime Error indicates there's been a miscommunication of some type between the computer and the game. This can be related to the game needing a newer version of one of the software it needs to run correctly. It can be helpful here to check for video card driver updates using the steps from the link above, and it's also a great idea to run Windows Update. Checking on Flash and Shockwave for updates may also address the error. Steps for this can be found here:

If these steps do not resolve the described issues, please send a message to our Technical Support Team for further assistance, including replacement games when appropriate. You can also PM me or another Moderator with lingering questions. We'll do everything we can to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by scooby3678 on Jan 5, 18 1:36 PM
I have loaded and reloaded my game three times, and every time I try to play it the screen is fuzzy and I can't play the game. How can I fix this?

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 5, 18 4:24 PM
Hello scooby3678,

I'm sorry the game isn't displaying clearly. Let's see what we can do about this!

Please take a look and see whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. This driver is responsible for directing how graphics are displayed, and its developers regularly release new versions to ensure that the game continues running smoothly. The following help page will walk you through that process.

If that suggestion doesn't work, please contact our Technical Support Team. They'll be the best equipped to offer further assistance.

I also want you to know that my fellow moderators and I are always here to answer any new questions or address concerns. Please don't hesitate to PM one of us if the need arises.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 01/06/2018 at 12:00:22 PM PST

[Post New]by Stimp38 on Jan 6, 18 9:23 AM
The links for the update driver and video card help pages send me to a page to sign in and I can't sign in. It tells me my username and password aren't recognized. All other suggestions on here did not fix the problem. The top of the screen is like a disco ball and makes the game unplayable.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 6, 18 12:02 PM
Hello Stimp38,

Thank you so much for bringing the erroneous link to my attention. I sincerely apologize for providing a link to an article that can't be accessed. I've corrected the links I provided and, for good measure, have included the correct one below, too.

Please have a lovely weekend, and don't hesitate to PM me (or another moderator) if further questions or concerns arise. I'll be waiting here to help.

bfgBeruna

Quailridge
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Quailridge on Jan 10, 18 7:06 AM
Running OS Sierra 10.12.6. Ran the demo, bought the game and as soon as I hit play after the intro game crashes. Refund please. My operating systems are current and this is a tech issue not my computer.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 10, 18 4:39 PM
Hello Quailridge,

I'm really sorry this game isn't working properly and definitely understand wanting a refund under the circumstances. Our Customer Support Team will be the best equipped to handle this transaction. Thank you for your patience and understanding. If any new questions or concerns arise, please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator. We'll be happy to help however we can!

bfgBeruna

punke
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by punke on Jan 16, 18 1:46 PM
The demo was ok for this game but after I down loaded and PAID for the game I kept getting a Luna runtime error. I've had it! I want my money refunded! I have down loaded, deleted game and put it back on again and keep getting the error message. I have tried contacting customer support and STILL have not received an answer.

Go to: