Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Dec 30, 17 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 12/30/2017 at 10:11:25 AM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by nanafraser on Dec 30, 17 5:19 AM
All I have to say is "another creepy game"

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by MoreOver on Dec 30, 17 6:11 AM
nanafraser wrote:All I have to say is "another creepy game"

Yup. That and more puzzles than HO scenes. I'm tired of all the dark imagery of late. We have enough of that in real life. Give me a game I can escape from all that.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Dec 30, 17 6:30 AM
I will say upfront that I have not played the demo. My brief review is from the Beta. The "heroine's" voice drove me up the wall. It was a stupid story line about a survival game and an Evil Entity and the director turns out to be a faun?!? Puzzles I hate, gimmicks I don’t like - two kinds of tattoo gimmicks. It would have to be a desperation buy during a true ½ members price sale. All that, and I see from another review that the bonus game is a prequel, which I personally dislike. So, .

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Dec 30, 17 9:04 AM
garbage game. lasted about 10 minutes then i gave up. no buy for me. happy new years fishes

rainworm
Herring
Herring
360 Posts

[Post New]by rainworm on Dec 30, 17 10:07 AM
Cannot share the negative sight of the game, it has a strange fascination and I like this variation of the supernatural detective genre.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 30, 17 10:11 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on The Unseen Fears: Outlive Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

dramajunkie
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,641 Posts

[Post New]by dramajunkie on Dec 30, 17 10:26 AM
Quote from Biscuitmama's front page review:

I have spent years purchasing every CE game release and this past year, particularly towards the end of the year when the games should have been brighter and happier there were four CEs in a row that I did not purchase. I am now realizing that the world didn’t come to an end because I didn’t buy a CE and I am promising myself that if this dark and evil trend in CE games continues, I will not be buying them in the future.

My sentiments exactly. I didn't even demo 3 of those four games. Enough already! Occasional - even half - creepy games interspersed between fairy tales and maybe reality based positive or neutral themes - is plenty for a good balance of individual tastes.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 30, 17 10:29 AM

Nathaniel Wilson is a brilliant detective (he's brilliant, the newspapers say so) with some pretty sweet tatts. (that part isn't in the newspaper, I totally made that part up) What's so sweet about Nathaniel Wilson's tattoos you may ask? Well, for starters, the tattoos give him supernatural abilities. With a quick flick of his wrist (after rolling up his sleeves first of course), zap! The unseen is now visible, ta-dah! It's okay, I wasn't impressed either, but eventually he sees peoples memories (not very newsworthy either) Nathaniel has just finished up his Amsterdam investigation, so he decides to do a little R&R at the Outlive Bar. He doesn't even get the chance to crack open a beer when the next supernatural case lands right in his lap, what are the chances of that!? (cuz he has supernatural abilities and a supernatural phenomena has just occurred at THIS exact place and time, turn the page) Looks like vacation's over Nathaniel, time to roll up your sleeves and start flashing that tattoo all over Los Angeles.

Nathaniel could sure use some Mystery Tales sunglasses, because everyone in the entire city has blinding beams of lights streaming from their eyeballs! These death rays can only mean one thing.......the force won't be with them for much longer at this rate! Nathaniel brilliantly uses his spidey-senses (because he's brilliant, remember?) and picks up a newspaper, where he discovers that strange death's have been occurring for a couple of weeks! After much deliberation, he deduces that the cause of death is because they were all drained of energy. I'm sorry, what???? How exactly does a coroner determine whether or not a person has been drained of energy? Does he have an energy meter? Is there a posthumous test to prove this? Wouldn't ANY dead person be void of energy? Am I the only one who questions these ridiculous statements?

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Dec 30, 17 10:29 AM
Based on the demo, all I really have to say is that it's hard to believe (or maybe I should say, accept) that this offal is from the same devs who produced games like Equilibrium & Everburning Candle. The palette is lurid, the character art is cartoony in the extreme, & the gameplay is just over-the-top absurd. I apologize for not going into more detail, but I feel like I've wasted enough time on this as it is. I will say the demo is long playing, so it's probably a longish game, but it's one I personally wouldn't be interested in playing if it were given to me for free.

Edited on 12/30/2017 at 10:31:02 AM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Dec 30, 17 5:26 PM
I was so happy to see this game this morning and bought it before I tried it and so happy I did. I Loved the first one in this series and this one wasn't as good but better than any games I don't have. Main game+ Bonus Chapter + Hidden Chapter.

You can't unlock the Hidden Chapter unless you collect all 72 masks. You can picked them up after the bonus chapter but it's not easy. It's easier to collect them and I had to really look for some of them.

Real happy with the 72 masks to collect. CE bling that we pay for. This game maker valued us. It's a beautiful and relaxing game. I've been replaying Christmas stories and I haven't played anything too dark for the holidays. I was so ready for this.

The art deco décor in LA is beautiful and so was the jungle. That pet hummingbird was something else.

This is so on point. I don't watch reality TV but America does. Graphic Books are Big for 20 something year olds and they have hops just like them. The hops wouldn't release a piece until you added one. I liked them but still like the lists more. The jungle hops with the orange frog was beautiful and they used that scene twice. I was happy to see that art again.

I love it when the game play just has that smooth flow. It's like a dance. This has large data, 1G. It wasn't short. It gave me my money's worth. I stopped for a while and started again and finished. I wasn't overwhelmed or tired of playing. It was Great.

Very relaxed puzzles. The experts need the Hardcore setting or you won't be happy.
Isn't that the setting, all experts use? Or the Advanced setting. I use custom but I don't want it difficult. I want it relaxed. I like to chill.

RIHope08
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by RIHope08 on Dec 30, 17 5:29 PM
I like this game. It is a little confusing at first but it does get interesting, funny and goes smoothly. My first review of a game. So, try the game. I have been a big fish member for quite sometime and have played many a game were the review was a good one, I played, purchase and bam I didn't like the game and visa versa! It's just kind of mystical and I approve this message.

Happy New Year to all the fishies in the pond, our moderators and techs!

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Dec 30, 17 6:15 PM
I purchased the game! I know I'm a hypocrite! I'm soooo desperate for a new game! It actually got better when the guy went to the island. GrandMa games shoulda at least got you there before demo was up! But still not great! Just better then expected! Maybe ones not sure should wait for SE! Haven't got to bonus game yet!
Sorry for confusion!

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Dec 30, 17 6:27 PM
nextgengranny wrote:Based on the demo, all I really have to say is that it's hard to believe (or maybe I should say, accept) that this offal is from the same devs who produced games like Equilibrium & Everburning Candle. The palette is lurid, the character art is cartoony in the extreme, & the gameplay is just over-the-top absurd. I apologize for not going into more detail, but I feel like I've wasted enough time on this as it is. I will say the demo is long playing, so it's probably a longish game, but it's one I personally wouldn't be interested in playing if it were given to me for free.

I totally agree. I couldn't even get through the demo. It is a waste of time... a waste of a game... and a waste of time to even talk about it...and I wouldn't want it either, even if they gave it to me for free.

Edited on 12/30/2017 at 6:29:40 PM PST

Majestyx12
Herring
Herring
350 Posts

[Post New]by Majestyx12 on Dec 31, 17 6:57 AM
What is ridiculous and absurd are people bashing a Fantasy game for not being true to life. Fantasy game hello?

Imagination, unnatural, work of fiction. So unreal. Supernatural. Fantasy Game. Not true to life.

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Dec 31, 17 8:31 AM
Hi again, Majestyx12. Have you played Equilibrium? It's fantasy in the extreme, & in my opinion, it's one of the best games I've ever played. I decided to replay the SE yesterday after I left here. I played it in three separate sessions, as my total play time, despite knowing the game well at this point, was about eight hours, & I enjoyed every minute of it. I started out playing fantasy genre HOPA only, the more fantastical, the better, & it's still very much my cup of tea. I've praised GrandMA's ability to create realms unimagined before they introduced us to them, as I've found them to be one of the best in that regard.

What I mean to say is, I have no problem w/ this dev, or w/ games being fantastical; I just found this particular effort to be tripe. Obviously, we won't all agree on that point, but after all, we're all just sharing our opinions here, & that happens to be mine. I sincerely hope this dev will come back next time w/ a game I'm thrilled to purchase & play, as I'd like very much to be able to continue to support them. However, I'm afraid the halcyon days of games matching the quality of Equilibrium, Tree of Life, & suchlike may be long gone & hard to find at this point.

Incidentally, if you haven't played those games, I highly recommend them, but only if you either like mini-games, or don't mind skipping them. If you're a game club member, in particular, the idea that one can get so much gaming goodness for a PCC is astonishing to me.

While this game is far from being for me, I'm glad you're enjoying it, & hope you're having a nice Sunday.

MissAbby
Catfish
Catfish
1,709 Posts

[Post New]by MissAbby on Dec 31, 17 8:38 AM
I found this game boring, silly and a waste of time when I beta tested it and said so in my remarks at the time.

I started on the demo yesterday, and in my opinion the game is still "boring, silly and a waste of time".

I like games that allow us to use our intelligence and logic to solve. I like games that are a challenge, not this same old cookie cutter formula and even graphics. The building or studio or whatever it was looked almost identical to the hotel or building in the game with the two magician brothers that recently came out, even down to the lift on the side of the building. I don't remember the name or even developers because they are all blurring together.

I'll give it one star for the Dev's employees who are just doing their jobs.

Abs

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Dec 31, 17 11:51 AM
It's great that we all can share our opinions here as this game seems to be decisive - you will dislike or like, no sitting on the fence.

I started playing the demo fully expecting to be disappointed as so many people were expressing their abhorrence but I was pleasantly surprised. I feel the devs have tried to offer us players some different gameplay which is a nice change. I thought the cartoon/film H0S were very good & in keeping with the feel of the game. Perhaps the mini puzzles are on the easy side but I enjoyed them.

I finished the demo which is unusual for me - I tend to make my decision whether a game is for me within 10mins but I kept playing this demo as so many people had expressed their dislike so I wanted to check the entire demo before deciding. I ended up buying it (despite the 'Meh' sale). My suggestion is that people try this game for themselves as it's definitely an individual choice

Kam

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Dec 31, 17 4:47 PM

"I just found this particular effort to be tripe." Great description, nextgengranny. I laugh every time I think of it. I also own the CE of Equillibrium. No comparison. It is a great game.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Dec 31, 17 5:00 PM
Hello friends! As usual, I review mostly on the game play and leave the story line to others who do a much better job than I. This won't be my usual review, as I found it difficult to push myself through this game. Not sure what happened since the last game in this series, but the graphics in this game are fuzzy in and out of close ups. Colors were a lot of blues and pinks, which are very tiring on the eyes. Game play was very good, with no problems during the demo. Animation was okay, a little choppy now and then. Voices are okay, but seem a bit bland, and we have to choose dialog again! Not a lot of music, which is okay with me. Sound FX were fairly nice when outside or in the bar, but pretty quiet elsewhere. Again, we have supernatural powers, which seemed out of place on occasion.

HOPs are nothing new, we have interactive and straight HOPs. Scenes are fairly clean and items were not difficult to find. I did see that we play the same one more than once. You can switch to a match 3 if you get bored. The puzzles were painfully simple and took no time or though to complete. Hint system is helpful, but we do not have a transport feature in this one. I don't think we did any real long distance back tracking, but we did a lot of running around.

Collectibles are very disappointing. All I found was that we have 72 masks, two in each scene. These are quite large and very easy to spot, so not challenge here. Definitely needed more in this department.

The story line is a little confusing. I know where they were trying to go with this one, but they just didn't make it flow very well. Why is this happening, where does it come from? It's like you were thrown into the middle of a story and now have to figure out the beginning. This game moved much too slowly for me and didn't have enough action or adventure to keep me interested. Personally, I think this game was geared to a young beginner who is just trying to get the feel of this type of game. Even if I don't care for a game, I try to find something positive to say about it, and recommend it to others, but not this time. There is no challenge at all. This is my one truly bad game for the year. Fortunately, tomorrow starts a new year! As I said, I couldn't even make myself finish the demo, which I rarely ever don't do. No, I am not adding this one to my collection, but there may be some who find it to their liking.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be just what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

Go to: