jlbaughn1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

Can't open Strategy Guide

[Post New]by jlbaughn1 on May 27, 10 8:14 AM
The game is fantastic, but when I click on more info and click Strategy Guide the page dims and nothing happens. Anyone else having this problem?

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Can't open Strategy Guide

[Post New]by govegril on May 27, 10 8:22 AM
Hi

never mind- it is working here
sorry

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 8:47:40 AM PST

[Post New]by Carolyn90551 on May 27, 10 10:54 AM
Yes I'm having the exact same problem Any solutions out there

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 27, 10 11:35 AM
You will not be able to access the Strategy Guide from the "Extras" menu. Just click somewhere on the screen to return to the game.

You should be able to access the SG by clicking on the words "STRATEGY GUIDE" in the lower right corner of each scene.
If that doesn't work either, you're not alone either; pls read / post in the discussion thread "Post any Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition technical issues here only" at the top of the forum...

Good luck!

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on May 27, 10 2:31 PM
Hey Fishies!

If you're having trouble accessing the Strategy Guide, it might be a Flash issue. The built-in strategy guide requires Flash to run, so reinstalling Flash should help. Reinstalling Flash is best done via Internet Explorer.

The following help article has more information about updating Flash. Just click on "Flash" under Reinstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave to expand instructions for reinstalling Flash:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by snowleopard55 on May 27, 10 3:06 PM
I am also having this problem but along with one that prevents me from benefitting from your solution. I run Windows 7 on a 64 bit machine. I am aware that Flash is not supported for a 64 bit browser so I should be installing it on my 32 bit IE browser. However, but there seems to be a bug in Adobe's Installer which prevents this from happening.

Bottomline, I have Flash installed for Firefox but not IE--and cannot access this strategy guide.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 27, 10 3:08 PM
I'm running Flash on Vista x64. You should be able to run it on Windows 7 x64.

[Post New]by snowleopard55 on May 27, 10 3:18 PM
I can run it--witness my success with the Firefox browser.

I just can't install it into 32 bit IE. I get an error that it's not the most recent version every time -- and this when installing from the Adobe site.

This game appears to depend on the IE Flash component. It's the fist time this has been a showstopper for me.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 27, 10 3:26 PM
I'm running IE x64 with Vista x64, so I still don't understand your problem.

My Flash ActiveX is version 10: 10.0.45.2

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 3:30:34 PM PST

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on May 27, 10 4:04 PM
What am I missing here , other then the strategy guide ? I can't proceed , Not sure what to do ? I have found the handle , I haven't found the other wing for the parrot , I have a guy asleep ...cobwebs, balloon that I can't operate right now ..But no strategy guide in my version ...Am I missing anything else that I'm not aware of ? Cause I have Been wandering around for quite awhile ?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 27, 10 4:19 PM
OLDBAY wrote:What am I missing here , other then the strategy guide ? I can't proceed , Not sure what to do ? I have found the handle , I haven't found the other wing for the parrot , I have a guy asleep ...cobwebs, balloon that I can't operate right now ..But no strategy guide in my version ...Am I missing anything else that I'm not aware of ? Cause I have Been wandering around for quite awhile ?

Spoiler Alert!!

Hey OLDBAY,

The parrot is on the upper right side of the puppet shop. Just zoom into that area.Make sure you pick up the Glass Shard in the parrot scene.

There is only one wing for the parrot, not 2, did you find it on the floor?

Let us know if you need extra help from this point.

MargieB

[Post New]by LadyJo007a on May 27, 10 4:20 PM
Everytime I hit strategy guide I end up with my game frozen and an error statement or nothing. I have to c/a/d to get out. Does anyone have an idea of what I can do? I have purchased the game and really like it except for this problem. This really is a great game and worth the CE price except for this one thing. Help me, please.

Thank you everyone for your fantastic reviews and helpful posts so far. I always read them before I d/l.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on May 27, 10 4:23 PM
Thank you for finding me Margie B ,,I have the shard but have know idea what to do with it ? Sorry ..But I need some help ...?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 27, 10 4:36 PM
OLDBAY wrote:Thank you for finding me Margie B ,,I have the shard but have know idea what to do with it ? Sorry ..But I need some help ...?

Hey OLDBAY, I am signing off for the evening in a few minutes but want to give you a few steps to get you going

SPOILER ALERT!!

Place the handle on the door in the puppet shop (this is an important step because it triggers other things in the game)

Make sure you pick up the Puppet Eye by the cash register.

Go back to the girl's bedroom and play a Hidden Object Scene

Zoom into the bed and place the puppet eye on the jester doll.

.Go back to the Guard's Hut and play the Hidden Object Scene

Zoom into the lamp outside the guard's hut and collect the oil with the empty oil can.

You can use the glass shard once you enter the workshop.

These steps should get you going.

good Luck and have a nice evening.

MargieB

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 4:38:55 PM PST

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on May 27, 10 6:04 PM
I know Margie B has left the building but want to thank her for helping me get the groove of the game ,,You helped me get started ,,but still don't have a strategy guide in my version ..,,,But since I have you ...? I don't need it do I ? Many thanks

lillijeff
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by lillijeff on May 28, 10 1:47 AM
There's a lot of trouble with the Strategy Guide! I'm facing the same and more: whenever I try to access it, it kicks me out of the game in no time. Bottom line: I paid good money for something I can't enjoy, there's no walkthrough on anywhere on the site and I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with the colored tiles on the floor, after I met with the scarfaced lady. PLEASE HELP! i'M SO STUCK!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 28, 10 3:09 AM
lillijeff wrote:There's a lot of trouble with the Strategy Guide! I'm facing the same and more: whenever I try to access it, it kicks me out of the game in no time. Bottom line: I paid good money for something I can't enjoy, there's no walkthrough on anywhere on the site and I'm having trouble figuring out what to do with the colored tiles on the floor, after I met with the scarfaced lady. PLEASE HELP! i'M SO STUCK!
You can either update Adobe Flash to version 10 yourself from their website or get BFG CS to help you with that. Click on the green envelope, then the Contact Us hyperlink, then select Technical Issues from the drop-down list.

[Post New]by chowderheadsue on May 28, 10 8:00 AM

Hi there,,,could someone please tell me how to open my stragedy game...I bought and paid for this game and the stragedy just wont light up? Appreciate any help..and thank you in advance

lillijeff
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by lillijeff on May 28, 10 11:34 AM
Since all these people are having trouble with the strategy guide, don't you think Big Fish should do someting about it and post a walktrough on the site as well? Never mind the extra money we paid for it - I only hope the bonus hours worth it.
bfgZambezi wrote:Hey Fishies!

If you're having trouble accessing the Strategy Guide, it might be a Flash issue. The built-in strategy guide requires Flash to run, so reinstalling Flash should help. Reinstalling Flash is best done via Internet Explorer.

The following help article has more information about updating Flash. Just click on "Flash" under Reinstall Adobe Flash and Shockwave to expand instructions for reinstalling Flash:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=158">Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen</a>

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 28, 10 12:23 PM
Hello Dear Fishies,

We know that some of you had trouble accessing the built-in strategy guide for the game so we decided to post it up on the blog. Hopefully the issue with the SG will be fixed soon.

Please use the link below to access the walkthrough for the Collector's Edition of PuppetShow Souls of the Innocent on the Big Fish Blog.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/puppetshow-souls-of-the-innocent-collectors-edition-walkthrough/

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

MargieB

Edited on 05/28/2010 at 12:25:08 PM PST

Go to: