owl feathers

gnewburn
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

owl feathers

[Post New]by gnewburn on May 27, 10 10:15 AM
I attached the owl head & kept clicking the feather when they lit up....what am I doing wrong ?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

owl feathers

[Post New]by MargieB on May 27, 10 10:27 AM
gnewburn wrote:I attached the owl head & kept clicking the feather when they lit up....what am I doing wrong ?

Spoiler Alert..

You have to click on the feathers in the right order. You can find the correct order in the book on the desk or you can look at the built-in strategy guide for the solution.

Good Luck

MargieB

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

Re:owl feathers

[Post New]by karen876 on May 27, 10 12:39 PM
I keep clicking circle, square eye, rectangle, diamond and star (as shown in the book) but nothing happens. Am I missing something?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 27, 10 12:47 PM
karen876 wrote:I keep clicking circle, square eye, rectangle, diamond and star (as shown in the book) but nothing happens. Am I missing something?

Hi karen, you may be clicking on them out of order, you have to click on 6 symbols, from left to right at the top ending with the sun (star) symbol at the bottom:

Circle
Square
Circle with dot
Rectangle ( looks like the letter "I")
Diamond
Sun

You can look at the screenshot in the built-in strategy guide for the correct order.

Make sure that you turn off all the symbols before you begin

Good Luck,

MargieB

Edited on 05/27/2010 at 12:50:28 PM PST

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on May 27, 10 12:54 PM
Thanks Margie. I will have to check that the symbols are all off.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on May 27, 10 5:17 PM
It's just not happening. I've checked that every feather is switched off, exited and then re-entered the game. Clicked on all the feathers in the right order and.... nothing. I have no idea what else to try and can't continue any further.

alphab22m
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by alphab22m on May 28, 10 9:49 AM
I,m in the same boat, have worked for 2 hours on that stupid owl, have followed stategy guide, no matter how many times I click out of scene and come back in the crosses don't turn off, so am not understanding how to start the circle, square, circle with dot, 1, diamond and sun. this close to finishing and have to leave game,,,,,I am really pissed

alphab22m
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by alphab22m on May 28, 10 10:24 AM
The owl will not work until all pieces of page in book are in place, then, piece of cake

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on May 28, 10 10:42 AM
Alpha. there are only two pieces of torn page aren't there? I thought this was how we got the instructions for the owl puzzle. *confused*

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 28, 10 1:01 PM
The last symbol to click is below the line of five and looks like a pastry cutter.

Click on a symbol again to reset it. They are on an individual toggle rather than a reset for all of them on backing out.

Edited on 05/28/2010 at 1:41:56 PM PST

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on May 28, 10 5:39 PM
Aaargh! I give in and am going to contact CS to get a refund after the US holiday. I can do nothing else than what is given in the Strategy Guide or advice given here. When nothing works then what else can I do?

LaComtesse
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by LaComtesse on May 28, 10 9:24 PM
Don't lose heart! Do make sure you have all three pieces of the last page of the book from the desk in the "library"...then the owl should work and give you what is most likely your fourth and last rune.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 29, 10 3:12 AM
karen876, I don't think you understood my post.

Each symbol you pressed to turn on, you have to press again to turn off.
As someone else posted, the game remembers what you did (and doesn't reset when you come away).

Take any rune at random. Press it. You will see it light up (on). Press it again and the light will go out (off). Find yours that are on and press them all again so that nothing is lit.

Now you can press the six in the correct sequence.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on May 29, 10 12:19 PM
karen876 wrote:Aaargh! I give in and am going to contact CS to get a refund after the US holiday. I can do nothing else than what is given in the Strategy Guide or advice given here. When nothing works then what else can I do?
Are you sure you don't forget the sun after clicking on the 5 others symbols ?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 29, 10 12:26 PM
karen876 wrote:I keep clicking circle, square eye, rectangle, diamond and star (as shown in the book) but nothing happens. Am I missing something?

I've finally seen this post!

Yes, you are missing something. There are six symbols to press, not five.

Circle - Square (no dot) - Circle with a dot - Filled in 1 (rectangle) - Diamond - Sun

I don't know what you mean by square eye.

ETA I think there's a comma missing between square and eye. On that basis, Karen will have to work out what other unwanted symbols are turned on, and turn them off first.

Edited on 05/29/2010 at 12:53:45 PM PST

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on May 29, 10 1:06 PM
Hi all,
Thanks for the responses. It was a glitch and I had to start over under another profile.
The puzzle is now done but I'm now known as Gus....

carolinacat
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by carolinacat on May 30, 10 4:28 AM
I also had trouble at first with this puzzle. I had only two pages of the book and didn't think there was a third. I couldn't get the owl to light up at all. Then I read the posts and looked at the Strategy Guide (under Menu on your CE). It mentioned three pages of the book to find and where to find them.

Once I found them, the owl was lighting up and the book tells you which symbols to press and in that order. All worked fine then.

I think this game is great and not all that challenging, but you have to have a bit of patience and maybe use the Guide. I only had to use it twice. I'm now finishing up the game with the bonus levels and enjoying every minute of it.

I agree, too, that the ending of the game is disappointing.

reada
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by reada on May 30, 10 9:10 PM
The owl has me ready to demand a refund, also. I have all three page pieces, I've clicked on each feather individually to turn each one off, I've hit each of the six required feathers in order AND turned each feather off before moving on to the next feather in the sequence, and STILL nothing happens! I'm REALLY angry because I very much enjoyed this game, but if this goofy cross-eyed night flier won't let me move on, then I might as well have fed it my $20!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 31, 10 3:44 AM
You only turn a feather off if you get it wrong.
Just press the six in order when you have nothing lit.

reada
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by reada on May 31, 10 7:03 AM
Thank you, Mr. Russ! I've always been partial to dolphins!

Go to: