Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery PC technical issues here only

[Post New]by misspiggy8 on Jun 3, 14 7:04 AM
Hi, I am user 218425. Yesterday (midday) there was a "hiccup" in my game and I noticed my gold was decreased from 50 to 37. I play the game on my iphone and thought perhaps I hit something by mistake. Then for a brief moment, I received a message in Quests that said I completed the Paul Bearer puzzle and I earned 26 gold. I knew I hadn't completed the Paul Bearer puzzle yet (but was close) at the time this message appeared. I clicked "collect" and then the message disappeared. I noticed no increase in the gold so I thought I would receive it when I solved the Paul Bearer puzzle. Last night I did reach the PB puzzle and completed it but did not get the 26 gold that supposedly I had earned in completing the puzzle. Can you please have someone look into this please? I am not sure why I went from 50 to 37 gold yesterday and would like at least credit for completing the PB puzzle. Thank you very much! I really do enjoy this game!

chipper23
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by chipper23 on Jun 3, 14 12:56 PM
lcjdqs wrote:Wanted to let all know tech. got up with me. In order to get back in I had to delete all files of the game and start all over. Love the game so much, was glad to do it. was on 50 something level, but will get there again. Good luck to all locked out.
I am still waiting to get back in..Hopefully, they will contact me this week..glad to know that eventually we will be able to play again.

[Post New]by 4444Starling on Jun 5, 14 11:32 AM
I have had a few losses on this game and think it's time to report what has been happening.
Re: Achievements
Neighborhood Captain - Are we supposed to receive a gypsy wagon with this achievement? That showed up in my inventory and then disappeared.
Ectoplasmic - The completed button popped up before I had a chance to collect the gold and never received the gold.
Purchased an ice cream truck and while it was in the summoning stage it disappeared from my manor.
Today 10 bars of gold were subtracted from my total for no reason.

[Post New]by Kraz_1959 on Jun 5, 14 11:21 PM
My game always crashes when I have been trying to visit nieghbours. It has happened since the update.

[Post New]by Linda1002 on Jun 8, 14 6:09 AM
Since this last update, my Dark Manor crashes on a regular basis. It crashed 3 times this morning. I lose energy when this happens and have been in the middle of a HOP and had to start over,expending more energy. I have a Dell laptop with Windows 8 on it. Prior to the last update, I never had a problem with this game.

[Post New]by Elendriel on Jun 8, 14 2:21 PM
I have the same issue as Linda1002. Game is loaded on a Dell laptop with Windows 8. The game crashes every time I try to access a scrambled word HOP. It is getting very frustrating. Hope the next update has a fix. Love the game, hate the crashing.

alaskan22
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by alaskan22 on Jun 8, 14 3:16 PM
I have been having trouble trying to expand my estate and also moving items. I click and hold and about one time out of 10 or more it works. Any suggestions?

I am 600750 and the estate is 130 Phreaky Felines. Thanks.

I am happy that I can now again play the game. For a long time it wouldn't allow my computer to open it so I am basically a happy Phreak. Just wish I could expand and move stuff.

Edited on 06/08/2014 at 3:21:41 PM PST

[Post New]by history_buff on Jun 8, 14 7:59 PM
Hello Newt2005, I did the same thing. Also had the same problem. My husband updated my machine and changed the resolution, now it says that the resolution is wrong for the wide screen format. Silly way to change it back, but it worked.
As far as having the option of going to a full screen during the hunts, the only way I have found is to hit the hint button. unfortunately, we can't go back to normal once you hit the hint button. Good luck!!

ozgurl
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by ozgurl on Jun 9, 14 8:15 AM
Ever since the last update I have several levels which won't play.
I get an updating bar at the bottom which either begins to fill a little or never even begins to fill. I have to esc and close the game to resume playing on another level.

BeeOK
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by BeeOK on Jun 9, 14 4:50 PM
Please reinstate the zoom out feature (or pinch zoom for iPad). Not having it is almost as bad as it would be if zoom in hidden object scenes was axed!

[Post New]by frothnbubble on Jun 9, 14 8:07 PM
Having trouble opening and refreshing the forum pages. Consistantly need to close and the reopen page. This has been a problem for two days.

seasun
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by seasun on Jun 10, 14 4:40 PM
I know there are lots of technical issues, and I know this is not a technical issue but a result of trying to solve issues, however I did not want to start a new thread about complaints.... but I have to say.... i really hate since the last update... that when i visit neighbors my screen resolution is so off....

Previously I purposefully played the game with a screen resolution that is really not compatible with some web sites etc.... but I was willing to change it when I had to and move on when needed .....even wrote it down... just in case and thank my lucky stars I did....

After the update it took me one afternoon and a couple of hours in the morning to fix my screen resolution (my mistakes I might add) just to see my manor like I prefer.....

But when i visit neighbors..... screen resolution changes and I can not see their manor like I can see mine..... I do not know if this feature will ever be possible anymore....but will monitor the forum....

I do realize that with so many players.... and so many variations of operating systems and user expertise......... you will always be trying to help solve issues some simple and some complex and for that I truly thank BF and the Devs....and I know you will never be able satisfy everyone!!!! this is small...but frustrating...

I enjoyed seeing a lot of square footage "so to speak" and got a feel for individual styles and stories that each neighbor was demonstrating... it is difficult to see that now....however if I have to give that up for additional land?!?!?! then please add the land... I will adjust...
seasun
Seasons Wood

hvymtlcttr
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by hvymtlcttr on Jun 11, 14 1:37 AM
Oh this is so fun, I started the scavenger hunt and everything was going along fine, then I'm getting close to fulfilling the sections and now it crashes when I check what items are left to find. when I go back everything is working except the scavenger page. just letting someone know.

[Post New]by beanns76 on Jun 11, 14 5:53 AM
Hey there. Got super excited to see a new scavenger hunt only my found items aren't registering. While playing (ex. the blue jay) when I click it on scene the little treasure map icon shows up but when I check my progress it says I've collected nothing...at all. Happening on both my desktop and my ipad. Seeing how you can only collect the item once per scene I'm thinking I'm now screwed, so I don't want to continue the quest.

[Post New]by KarenfromWI on Jun 11, 14 7:28 AM
Same thing happened to me on this scavenger hunt, with the blue jay. Furthermore, like the last scavenger hunt, I have no idea what levels I'm supposed to be searching, so I'm hunting blind. Another disappointment in a series of them. I'm about ready to pack it in.
If anyone can tell me what scenes I should be searching, I'd appreciate it.

[Post New]by newt2005 on Jun 11, 14 7:55 AM
KarenfromWI wrote:Same thing happened to me on this scavenger hunt, with the blue jay. Furthermore, like the last scavenger hunt, I have no idea what levels I'm supposed to be searching, so I'm hunting blind. Another disappointment in a series of them. I'm about ready to pack it in.
If anyone can tell me what scenes I should be searching, I'd appreciate it.

I assumed that it would be all levels that we can search in as it doesn't specify. Tell me someone if I'm wrong
Just wondering - Is there going to be a list generated for things found in scenes that should contribute to the scavenger hunt but don't register (I think there was one somewhere last time). If so I the croissants and beads in The Beastro are not registering for the edible and wearable categories.

[Post New]by nightingale63 on Jun 11, 14 11:41 AM
I have two manors. In both the game freezes then crashes when I hit the scavenger map emblem. This started after I had clicked the map 3 or 4 times to check progress, so I did know the groups to search for. I did complete the hunt in one manor, now returned to the other and tried again...... same result. Freeze then crash.
Anyone else?

[Post New]by nightingale63 on Jun 11, 14 11:43 AM
Playing on PC.

traderdi75143
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by traderdi75143 on Jun 11, 14 11:48 AM
SCAVENGER HUNT STARTED OUT GREAT THEN STARTED oops sorry crashing have no idea what i need to complete it.. hope there is a repair in sight before the time is up..108 winding lane

[Post New]by Creepy_Castle on Jun 11, 14 12:14 PM
Hi everyone,

Since yesterday DM won't load. The bar is stuck at about 2 cm and it says 'connecting'. I have uninstalled the game and reinstalled. Uninstalled the app and reinstalled but nothing changed. Please help!

Go to: