Senior Citizens sign in!!

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

Re:Senior Citizens sign in!!

[Post New]by keitht53 on Aug 20, 17 12:34 PM
Gold fever apparently isn't the same thing for everybody. I played it today, and although I can't remember which city it was, it wasn't Capetown. It was 7 letters which I managed to complete with only one life loss and gained 350 coins.

Unless Treasure Chests have been improved very recently they don't seem to be worth the risk. Last Gold on I tried provided loot which would have cost half that amount to purchase.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Aug 20, 17 12:52 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the value of the daily sale of resources has dropped since the last update? I sell 6 and the value today was only 52 coins where it used to be 65 at the very least and certainly I haven't seen anywhere near 100 since that update. As for the gold rush, I never do it if it has levels I already have done - one of the benefits of not fully completing cities.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Aug 20, 17 2:46 PM
Wow, a lot of chatter about the gold fever today. Mine was 5 letters in Sydney and they were a piece of cake, I guess after sticking it to me twice in a row with timed levels in New Orleans they figured they would give me an easy 250 coins. Trav, I haven't noticed any difference lately and I just upgraded my trade center to 6 last week so I can't really tell.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 20, 17 4:09 PM
I haven't taken particular notice of the trade centre daily totals, will do in future, but I find when I do look, that the totals have always varied a great deal from day to day.

And Keith, yes, the daily 'events and gold fevers' are in different cities for everyone, thats always been like that, it also depends of course what city people are up to as to where it can even be as it can't be in a city not yet opened. For those of us at the end, it could be in any one of the 54 or so cities, but for someone who is up to say, LA, it can only be in any city up to LA, but its not usually in the city that you are in, no matter where you are up to, its nearly always a previous city. The number of letters for everyone is also different too. I have plenty of days when I don't even bother to do the event, sometimes the gold fever too is dreadful and I just give up, but other days, its easy coins and boosts.

It is at the very least, always worth checking the levels each day that are required in whatever city its in, because you would be surprised how easy it is more often than not, and any free bonus boosts are always welcome for anyone to gain. It can't hurt to look at each level required and at least give them a shot.

And it seems from what you are all reporting, that the treasure chests certainly have not improved at all. Such a shame. It could be a fun thing to do to open them sometimes, but when we know the 'rewards' are really not a reward at all for the amount outlaid, then I don't see its worth bothering about. It never really has been worth bothering about anyway. But if they say they will improve the 'rewards' then I am happy to open some again in the future to report on whats in them, but for now, it seems nothing good has come of them on the whole.

keitht53
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
461 Posts

[Post New]by keitht53 on Aug 20, 17 11:49 PM
I haven't noticed any drop off in the value of the trade centre. I've actually noticed very few poor days lately.

famvir3
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by famvir3 on Aug 21, 17 8:29 AM
My unofficial Treasure Chest in another universe (different game) was:

2 x 350 coin chest, 380 win twice.
180 coin chest, 40,000 blue hats (blah....)
90 coin chest, one waterfall (not bad!)

Unfortunately the 40,000 blue hats were in my real game. Based on that alone, I'm not spending money for chests, at least not yet.

Edited on 08/21/2017 at 8:30:57 AM PST

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Aug 22, 17 2:38 PM
Famvir, Snow, where's t-bird keeping herself? ...seems changes has taken place, guess I'm back for awhile now....unless y'all ready to CRUISE! Then we're adiós... , we'll leave ASAP...id like to devote a new "post" just clammerings as not to jam up SR Cit...think powersthatbe would shut me down? it would look pretty silly! Lol.. Hope everyone's been well, playing lots GD. Hello to all others too! And YES I've noticed daily resource sales are WAY DOWN...mine @ half! I sell 6xday...net 40.. I noticed when I am lucky enough to play extra I net more sales/coins...? Maybe just my theory...need to check for treasure meantime...oh well,,,perhaps I'll start my ramblings post & we'll cruise on..Btw good to "see" ya!

fishfinder246
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by fishfinder246 on Aug 22, 17 3:56 PM
I think a "clambering" post or whatever would be fun. I've always enjoyed reading your posts on the seniors thread, though haven't joined in much.

I say go for it!
Fish

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Aug 22, 17 6:17 PM
NEENA great to see you again I am feeling like you need to organise that cruise for us I'm tired of winter and after a year of new joints could do with a sunshine holiday with my GD friends

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Aug 22, 17 7:05 PM
I am ready for a cruise!!! A sunshine holiday!!! A weekend getaway......anything but hanging around in New Orleans. I started this city Aug 7 (had company for a week and a half so did not play much) and have just finished level 40. Now I am faced with shipping more resources to build the monument. I have been playing levels over and over in other cities to acquire the resources but it still takes a very long time to ship enough of them. I just can't believe that I have played up to level 40 and all side paths for intern and out of those 40+ levels 11 were timed. OMG!!! They were difficult but I played few helping hands which I used resources to buy resources which helped a little. I spent no coins on helping hands yet so I have 60,000+ but have been buying extra moves and shovels to get through. I also used the wind and the rain cloud boost on level 32-2 and 37 and 38 I believe. I also have been doing the daily events and gold fevers so I am not doing too badly. I see why folks complained about this cities difficulty but it is doable. I am just thankful I have a fist full of dollars and a considerable cache of boosts or it would be much much worse for me. Many levels left before I can leave this city but I will eventually get to Barcelona. Sigh!!!

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Aug 22, 17 9:22 PM
Hey glitter, looks like we're still pacing each other, I just finished level 40 in Barcelona and it looks like I'll be shipping resources for a few days, and yes it is definitely getting brutal and from what I've been reading Shanghai is no picnic either. Did want to let you know that after you get past level 70 the ten block rewards are great! Two 1,000 coin sets plus two green emeralds, a 50 and a 20.

Wanted to toss a quick congrats and thanks to snowmanvt, 50 pages and still going strong. Here's to 50 more!!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 22, 17 11:18 PM
Gosh, I could do with a cruise away too! Its pouring rain here today, miserable weather, so a cruise in the Carribbean or somewhere warm sounds superb to me. Maybe the Greek Islands? Good food, good wine, good company and anywhere but home sounds great. So sick of winter here, but not exactly wishing the worst of summer upon us just yet. Those of you in the northern hemisphere are enjoying generally good weather. At least winter is on its way out here and we have had some gorgeous days lately that really make us think that spring is on its way in a hurry.
All I can see out the window right now is dark gray skies, pouring rain etc.

And GamingGrampa and Glitter, keep at it, you guys will get there. At least you have support here which I wish I had had when I was in those early horror cities. I pushed through without any help, no knowledge of how the boosts worked or anything at all, I must be about the most persistent person around as I refused to give up and it was such a challenge, I reckon now, it must be like being retired and being able to sit back and relax, having accumulated coins and resources, boosts AND knowledge (most important probably) I can now enjoy each city as it comes along. Its a nice feeling after doing all the hard slog early on. So stick with it, its well worth it in the end and you sound like you are doing everything right, just keep being patient.

Neena, on my way to join your cruise, the rain just got even heavier since I started typing this.

[Post New]by glitter2goldfish on Aug 23, 17 8:56 AM
Thanks for the encouraging words Jules. I appreciate the help on the forums and I see you are very good at jumping in to assist others any where in the game. That truly is a gift It is invaluable to players that are stuck or frustrated with the game. Gives them hope knowing some one else was able to accomplish the level and then they use your tips and win the level.

GamingGrampa thanks for the heads up on the 1,000 coins and green gems coming up. Today my daily event is in my current city New Orleans. Word is palace and includes levels 6 17 19 27 32 and 40. Wouldn't you know it 17 and 19 are timed and difficult to get through. I will try for a bit today and with a little luck I may win the boost but may just abandon this one. I won't be playing for a week or so as I am heading out of the city to visit my country living sister. It is summer time here in sunny Alberta, Canada and I am always outside. Winter is coming though as the leaves are beginning to change colour. Have fun playing GD and I will check in when I return from the country.

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Aug 23, 17 12:07 PM
Have fun glitter, we'll catch you on the flip side. Thanks jules for helping me to stay the course, since I've got a few days of shipping resources in Barcelona I think I'm gonna do like snowmanvt and some of you others and take a day trip to give my brain a little break. Think I'll give Amsterdam a shot!

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 23, 17 4:52 PM
GamingGrampa, if you haven't already done the Everest challenge, then you could use the two hours of unlimited lives to get through some of those tough levels in Barcelona, it might help. Good luck anyway.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Aug 23, 17 8:04 PM
Regarding the recent discussion over whether or not the daily trade of resources for coins has become more stingy or not, this evening I had the opportunity to trade 40,000 bricks for 40 coins. After playing for two years plus, this is the single largest trade I have encountered. How about the rest of my friends?

GamingGrampa
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by GamingGrampa on Aug 23, 17 9:18 PM
Thanks jules, I actually used my two hours earlier knocking out some nasty architect and master levels in New Orleans and a few in Barcelona to get my 500 coins from the second ten block, all in all a very profitable two hours! Tomorrow I will take a little trip to Amsterdam since I had a shot at it back when they did the freebie and I'm a much better player now than I was back then.

Snowmanvt, it seems like mine have been a little more generous this week, not sure if that's a fluke or not.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 24, 17 12:28 AM
Snowman, that can't be right surely? You mean the MOST coins you have ever got from a daily trade is only 40 coins???? WOW, even back when I did 4 trades a day instead of the now 6, I usually got more than that even then. I never bother to take any notice of how many resources it costs, I empty my factories in Sydney especaily to use just for the trades and shipping on, can't buy green gems there so nothing else to use them for. I rarely have to go to another city to trade as there is always plenty in SYdney. HOwever, I can't believe you get such low amounts of daily coins from the trade. Thats grossly unfair for you, I have got far more than that on average, sometimes over 100.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Aug 24, 17 7:15 AM
I guess I wasn't clear....40 coins from just one trade. I still had five others also to do.

I also maxed out Sidney resource centers and use those for the trades. I have very few other resource centers in cities, none after NYC.

OOo_jules_oOO
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,045 Posts

[Post New]by OOo_jules_oOO on Aug 24, 17 8:22 AM
Snowman, that makes more sense now you say that. I really thought you meant 40 from all of them combined. That would have been a really rough deal. But yes, 40 on one single trade is good. I have had a few well over 30, like around 34-36, but will take particular notice in future. I usually just hit the sell button and get them all done without really taking too much notice. Just the way I am. I have ended up building 6 resource centres in Sydney, see no point in building any further ones as I just don't need them there at all as what I have keeps the daily trades going with plenty to spare to ship as well, but I do end up with far more blues and pinks than bricks there, luckily though, when I get low on bricks in Sydney, I have TONS of them in Rome, so I just use them up. Am doing the daily event right now, only 3 letters in Queenstown tonight, stuck on the last one, I just can't seem to get the score required anywhere near enough to get through. Going to get some sleep, and maybe when I look at it fresh in the morning, I will get it out, that usually happens.

Go to: