Rob_Blake
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Very disappointed in Year-end Sale

[Post New]by Rob_Blake on Dec 30, 17 7:18 AM
I know that last weekend was 2 for one, but I was really hoping for 65% off ($6.99 per CE game) for the year-end sale, not 50% off ($9.99 per CE game). Will just have to wait till they have it again after the new year.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Very disappointed in Year-end Sale

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 30, 17 7:34 AM
@ Rob_Blake

I couldn't agree more! We fishes pay each and every month to swim in the pond, and our reward......a sale that basically apply's to non-members!?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Dec 30, 17 7:57 AM
Maybe there will be a good New Year's Day sale on Monday.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Dec 30, 17 8:18 AM
@Howatch

Positive thinking, I love it
Is it too much to ask for a sale that's never been offered before like Buy 1 Collector's Edition and get 2 CE's free? Or a Punch Card special, every CE=6 punches, or how about a package deal special, offering a huge discount if you purchase every game offered in selected Series? (how cool would that be!)
BF never offers any new Sales, they just repeat the same one's over and over

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Dec 30, 17 8:29 AM
totally agree with the above comments.

bethy829
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by bethy829 on Dec 30, 17 8:53 AM

I also agree, it really seems that they don't care very much for their loyal club members any more....

Kamana_29
Marlin
Marlin
9,782 Posts

[Post New]by Kamana_29 on Dec 30, 17 11:50 AM
Yes, I'm also disappointed in this sale.

It would be nice if BF showed some creativity in offering sales, not just repeating themselves. The last unusual sale was when we were able to buy game credits for a sale price (which I know was very popular).

Kam

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Dec 30, 17 12:36 PM
And a great big Happy New Year to club members from BF....and especially at the end of the month when there are those of us who need to fill up our card. Now we have to do it at sale prices that benefit non members...not us. Is there a hint of greed in the air???? When there is a 50% sale, it should be for members, also. They have us between a rock and a hard place because we either have to pay the extra price, and not the price we would normally pay at a sale or we lose our punches. I have 3 punches to go on my card and I am thinking very seriously of just losing them instead of spending any of my money to a company that should have had more consideration for their members. Thanks for the generosity and appreciation for our membership BF.

I also would like to add that I am very satisfied with Buy one get one, or the 60%, or 65% off, or 50%, when it benefits members. I appreciate that and think it is reasonable and fair. I don't expect BF to lose money or have to keep giving us something different, new or MORE.

Edited on 12/30/2017 at 12:49:10 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Dec 30, 17 6:35 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback about the year-end sale. The Moderation Team isn't involved in determining what kind of sales take place, but we always want to advocate for our players, so I'll absolutely pass this feedback along to the appropriate teams. Please don't hesitate to PM me if a new question or concern arises. My fellow moderators are also available to listen and to provide answers.

bfgBeruna

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Dec 30, 17 6:59 PM
Tell those in charge to change this sale as to benefit us as members. What they did is not right and I think they know exactly what they did and why. It is the New Year, holiday weekend, the end of the month, and some of us do need to fill up our card...and their decision to make this a 50% sale off regular prices is a definite insult to your members who pay a monthly fee of $6.99. They didn't have do a sale like this to hurt and disappoint all of the members who were looking forward to having a nice weekend shopping for games at a reasonable sale price and not having to pay the excess of what we usually save on your sales. It wasn't right...and this is not going to set well with your members...especially on this holiday weekend. Not a good way to end the year and begin a new one. Those in charge have more than disappointed BF club members....and just so they could get a few dollars more for games. I will not be one of those paying for this...and I am sure that your sales will be down from it. There should have definitely been more of a consideration and appreciation for your members.

There is a saying in business....and this saying is true....you take care of your customers...and your customers will take care of you.

Edited on 12/30/2017 at 7:10:11 PM PST

tammytheo
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by tammytheo on Dec 30, 17 9:15 PM
I am also disappointed by this weekend's sale AND the dreadful game that's being offered to us. So undramatic for the end of the year. I acknowledge that BF has given us some great sales over the years but, for New Year's Eve, I was expecting a bit more than a miserable sale and an absurdity of a game. And I, as well, need 3 more punches to fill up my card - something that clearly won't happen as I'm not willing to spend money on this or any other game we have been offered lately for that matter.

Nevertheless, I would like to wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year. Hopefully, 2018 will bring better games our way since most of this year's games were mediocre at best. IMHO, of course, as always.

Tammy

Edited on 03/11/2018 at 6:25:57 PM PST

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Dec 31, 17 12:45 AM
I was also very disappointed in the "sale" this weekend. This sale is a slap in the face to your loyal members.

[Post New]by dixieangels on Dec 31, 17 1:16 AM
"Ditto" to cathybobcat and tammytheo. I also was waiting for a really good game and sale to finish out 3 punches in order to finish my card. ALAS! It won't be done.

Happy and safe New Year to everyone.

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Dec 31, 17 7:58 AM
I don't come to the 'Forums' section very often but, in my curiosity to see what people had/have to say about today's game release (only a few reviews on the game page), here I am. Not much to be said in the 'Forums' either, but I found this 'Posting' to be interesting because (upon entering into BFG's site) I, too, saw and thought, "Hmmm. . .pretty lame game sale."

As with many here on this site, I have been with BFG since they first debuted; yet, since the change in the site's ownership - coupled with the growth and eventual decline of once quality games by such reputable developers - I decided (a few months back) that 2017 is to be my last year with the site and have ended my membership, as BFG has (for me) run its course. But, I do hope the new(est) members continue to enjoy their gaming experience in the Pond.

I still plan to visit the site - from time to time - but only to check for any non-CE/SE (i.e., Stand Alone) HOG offerings by potential new indie developers, as they have demonstrated to be ideal "game-makers". To that end, take care All, and a very Happy New Year's to BFG members (old and new) and to the 'forever cool' BFG site monitors. Take care and. . .Happy Gaming!!!

Simone

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Dec 31, 17 9:32 AM
Just swimming by to remind you that the purpose of the end-of-month sales isn't to help members fill their punch cards but to encourage non-members to become members.

You need a better strategy, like double punch Mondays and the twofers they have during the month.

Go to: