Giving up

Giving up

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Dec 31, 17 12:31 PM
Just blew over 60 wands and ALL of my diamonds...all 60+ were things I already had...I'm not wasting my energy with this anymore...I'd catch 11 silver globes for the CC but otherwise I'm done.

I now hate bunnies

I now have carousels

I now hate the colors purple and tan

guhhhhh

Re:Giving up

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Dec 31, 17 12:40 PM
While I know that feeling well, I say don’t give up yet. We are all in the same boat of duplicate things to catch so you are not alone. Take advantage of the diamond sale and keep up the search. You will find the rest eventually and then you can party like there is no tomorrow.

LynnNfld
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by LynnNfld on Dec 31, 17 1:46 PM
I only just got my last sock (if they were real socks, I'd be set for life with what I collected). But there are still 2 1/2 weeks to go. Do the Xmas rooms and trade for more wands, put wands on your wish list and add a plea for wands. A lot of people have gotten all the slots filled by now and will start being more generous. Above all, remember it's a game; have fun with it. What you need will turn up eventually.

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Dec 31, 17 2:44 PM
Amethyst2066 wrote:While I know that feeling well, I say don’t give up yet. We are all in the same boat of duplicate things to catch so you are not alone. Take advantage of the diamond sale and keep up the search. You will find the rest eventually and then you can party like there is no tomorrow.

Trust me...I usually get one new thing for my collection per day. This time though... I didn't. At this time of the fall and spring event...I had ALL of my collection filled out.

Attie_1234
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Attie_1234 on Dec 31, 17 2:55 PM
I love playing the puzzles to break up the endless rounds for wands. Sometimes, I can even get a stamp or something else along with the 5 diamonds but if not, it is still a great way to stock pile diamonds. Hang in there and Good Luck!

Edited on 12/31/2017 at 2:55:41 PM PST

kahlan11
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
466 Posts

[Post New]by kahlan11 on Dec 31, 17 3:13 PM
I hope you don't give up.

I am still trying to get the Skier avatar from last year and trying to collect the extra wands...... friends are really helpful that way. I admit to almost falling asleep trying to get through my christmas room , but perservere and things will fall into place.

Hope you stick around the Castle for awhile longer

Pat

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Dec 31, 17 3:27 PM
Thewerecatqueen wrote:
Trust me...I usually get one new thing for my collection per day. This time though... I didn't. At this time of the fall and spring event...I had ALL of my collection filled out.

Don't give up. There's still plenty of time left. Last year, I got things pretty easily. This year was a whole different experience. I had one sock and one tree that tortured me to death.

Like LynnNfld said, players who have collected everything will gift the wands and you can still play the HOSs to accumulate lots of items to trade with the kids.

I know you're frustrated, but it can be done!

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

Giving up

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Dec 31, 17 4:42 PM
Thewerecatqueen wrote:Just blew over 60 wands and ALL of my diamonds...all 60+ were things I already had...I'm not wasting my energy with this anymore...I'd catch 11 silver globes for the CC but otherwise I'm done.

I now hate bunnies

I now have carousels

I now hate the colors purple and tan

guhhhhh

If you play on PC, PM me with your ID and I'm happy to add you as a friend and can gift you wands. I have plenty to share! And, as the others have said, there's still plenty of time so please rethink throwing in the towel! Last year, I got my collections quickly too. This year, it seemed like it took forever.

Edited on 12/31/2017 at 4:42:50 PM PST

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Dec 31, 17 8:18 PM
I understand your frustration. I am one snowman away from finishing the snowman / tree / stocking achievement. I swear after I collect him and he is firmly counted, I am gonna' take a blowtorch to him!

Hang in there if you can.

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 1, 18 2:05 AM
Shawkn wrote:I understand your frustration. I am one snowman away from finishing the snowman / tree / stocking achievement. I swear after I collect him and he is firmly counted, I am gonna' take a blowtorch to him!

Or we could build a bonfire with all the excess trees,decorate the pile with excess socks,light it.Then throw all the snowmen in ha ha.

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 1, 18 5:41 PM
AuntieRoo wrote:
Or we could build a bonfire with all the excess trees,decorate the pile with excess socks,light it.Then throw all the snowmen in ha ha.
Please allow my snow covered God Son to thaw out before you start tossing snowmen onto the bonfire........ I would hate for someone to mistake him for a snowman and toss him on accidentally........ his Godmother would not soon forget that harm!!!!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 1, 18 5:44 PM
Oh ...... and speaking to the actual subject of this thread ....

Thewerecatqueen -- I know your frustration..... I have been "playing at" the snowmen, trees, and stockings on my PC game because I try to make time to play as many of the HOSs in the private rooms as I can to build up coins to cover the next update.....

That said, I have one of each that I still need to get and I have employed many diamonds and traded much with the kiddos to get wands for those blasted things...... only duplicates seem to be forthcoming. ...... sigh, sign, megasigh!

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Jan 1, 18 11:01 PM
AuntieRoo wrote:
Shawkn wrote:I understand your frustration. I am one snowman away from finishing the snowman / tree / stocking achievement. I swear after I collect him and he is firmly counted, I am gonna' take a blowtorch to him!

I'll bring the stuff to make Smores!!!!!

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 2, 18 3:07 AM
Now Annelligram there are many things I might consider inflicting on your godson,but never melting him!!! .......besides the wrath of his fairy godmother is more than I could handle..

Sshawkn SMORES ???? ....what is this,some kind of bat for hurling snowmen!

LJM5091
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by LJM5091 on Jan 2, 18 7:15 AM
AuntieRoo....I have to question your questioning of SMORES!

You must have graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate bars in good ole London???

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 2, 18 8:15 AM
As I rarely venture into the world outside MC,I can honestly say I have never heard of graham crackers.I get the marshmallows & chocolate bars & I'm guessing it's something like your 'Corn & caramel'

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 2, 18 8:54 AM
AuntieRoo, S'Mores are a campfire tradition - maybe only in the US?
You put a marshmallow on a stick & roast it by the fire. You put a square of chocolate on a graham cracker (a soft, honey-sweetened wheat-bran cracker they give to kindergarteners), put the blazing hot toasted marshmallow on the chocolate so it melts, & top it with another graham cracker. Then you eat the gooey sandwich & say "S'More, please!"

Edited on 01/02/2018 at 8:57:55 AM PST

fylgia
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by fylgia on Jan 2, 18 9:10 AM
I usually knit socks but right now I can't decide whether I should stop doing that or just start knitting the very last stocking (left one in top row) I'm so desperately been seeking for quite a while now....

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 2, 18 9:31 AM
Desertdruid wrote:AuntieRoo, S'Mores are a campfire tradition - maybe only in the US?
You put a marshmallow on a stick & roast it by the fire. You put a square of chocolate on a graham cracker (a soft, honey-sweetened wheat-bran cracker they give to kindergarteners), put the blazing hot toasted marshmallow on the chocolate so it melts, & top it with another graham cracker. Then you eat the gooey sandwich & say "S'More, please!"

Thank you Druid ,....my goodness that seems like a lot of calories.I guess you need a sweet tooth to eat those.

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 2, 18 9:50 AM
S'Mores are definitely a sweet-attack! Intensely sweet. And, yes, an American tradition like Caramel Corn. And another reason my dentist drives a BMW Z4!

Go to: