bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Your Comments and Review for Sally's Studio

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 28, 10 1:31 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Sally's Studio? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Sally's Studio

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on May 28, 10 3:49 AM
Nothing new for me today - I have already bought the CE. I highly recommend this game to all lovers from the previous sallys games and from Wendys Wellness. Great game!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 28, 10 4:52 AM
Hi Eisteepfirsch

I bought the CE version too, a great game. I really had a good time playing this one, even if I haven't finished yet. Happy Memorial Day Weekend and Take Care, Terry

jyork
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by jyork on May 28, 10 6:00 AM
What is the difference between the CE and this version, besides price?

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on May 28, 10 6:40 AM
Go to this link for the details about what's different between the regular and CE version:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/95603.page

Lunarea
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Lunarea on May 30, 10 5:08 PM
I own the first two Sally games, so it only seemed natural that I would also try out this one. I played the demo for about 30 minutes before purchasing and I'm satisfied with my purchase. I have also tried the collectors' edition, and while the extra content was really cool, I couldn't justify spending so much on one game.

Game play is fairly simple: you drag the studio guests around the different areas based on their preference. You also collect money so you can purchase upgrades to the equipment or trainers that help you automate certain functions. However, you've still got to do quite a bit of running around, since the guests want your personal attention with things like picking the right yoga pose or the right dance routine. One new feature to the Sally franchise is the implementation of trophies. Some are simple, while others require a lot of thought and going back to replay a level or 10. And the last big plus was that even though the game was challenging enough (yes, it definitely felt like time management), I never felt frustrated or angry or like I couldn't do it. I'd get the expert or perfect score more often than not - which isn't the case with all the TM games I've played.

The graphics are the same as the earlier games: bright, colorful and cartoony. There's a refreshing feeling in the studio and it almost energizes our eyes. One thing that I'm disappointed about is that we don't get to see the guests doing some of the actions - like warming up on the bouncy ball or performing the actual yoga poses. Though, I realize that that sort of thing would also mean more time spent on getting the right graphics or the time spent on extra programing code.

The music is pleasant, though it can get a little to repetitive at times. I haven't felt the need to turn off the sounds, however. There is some voice acting: little grunts of appreciation or "You rock Sally!" from the guests, and it's a nice perk that doesn't distract from the game itself.

I would recommend this game to anyone who's enjoyed the previous Sally games and anyone who's looking for a fun Time Management game they can get into.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jun 17, 10 7:19 PM
Pretty much more of the same of the others in this series. I ended up buying it (if anything, it's mindless fun). Likes: I like the idea of the CD bonuses. You play various CDs and they give you bonuses (such as the romantic song, which adds a heart to everyone in the studio; or the calming CD, which calms everyone down a tad). I like the new theme with the various machines (especially the dancing machine). I like that you can hire lots of workers to assist you (this isn't really anything new). Think it's a really cool idea getting a bonus genre of character during each set of levels, such as the cop. No mini-games, hurray!!! Dislikes: There isn't a whole lot that is different from usual. I get tired on clicking the sequence for the yellow yoga map - it seems to always be the last possible choice). On some of them, like the green exercise mat, I wish you could just choose the weight without having to choose enter afterward. Same with the yellow yoga map, actually. It requires you to reposition the mouse and is slightly annoying. The levels are VERY easy to get expert level in (I'm on the 5th city and haven't failed yet, and even pretty easy to get Perfect score for the levels. I have managed to get that several times without even trying). Still, if you like the whole Sally's series, you will like this one too. Truthfully, I wasn't all excited like I get to play some games, but it's like resorting to "old faithful", you know you can play without having to devote every ounce of attention to it. I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars.

[Post New]by Anoeska_x on Jun 23, 10 10:04 AM
I have a question.

I have the game but I can't buy the maxium levels for the Yoga mat etc. I bought it in other levels but I don't have my medal for vancouver! And how I deal with the medal in Hongkong

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

Rose_Ann
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by Rose_Ann on Jun 24, 10 7:19 AM
I am enjoying this game. For me, most time management games are frustrating, but this one is fun and not too difficult.

[Post New]by bluevervain on Jun 28, 10 6:43 PM
Simply put, I HATE this game. I have the first two also, and I'd rather play them again than play this one. Sally's Salon was fun and challenging. Sally's Spa kept all the fun of the first game and brought in some great new features, namely the shop and the addition of a cashier - it always struck me as kind of ridiculous in the first game that you could hire someone to make coffee, but not to run the register - which made it a clear improvement over the first.

Then we get to Sally's Studio. Gone is the cashier and the shop. Gone also are the powerup candles which required 1 click to utilize, replaced by powerup CDs that require 2 clicks. You're still able to buy upgrades for your equipment and staff, but they don't seem to help much - you still have to give virtually every client personal attention, and you waste a phenomenal amount of time just shuffling the characters from station to station. At the higher levels they essentially swarm you rather than coming in at a brisk-but-manageable pace, and they are ALL very impatient. I never once had a customer walk out on me until I played the higher levels of this game. The powerups that were once a quick and easy way to get yourself out of a tight spot or get a perfect score are now essential to complete a level without losing customers and/or get a passing - good luck managing it without them.

The only new content is the addition of trophies for various achievements, most of which require you to replay the levels several times. They garner no rewards that impact gameplay and navigation between the stages to go back and replay the earlier levels is a pain. Every time you complete one, the game kicks you back out to the final stage and you have to click through several screens to get back to the earlier stage to replay the next one. Having all the upgrades makes replaying the earlier levels easier, but the hassle of navigating back to them each time lessens the appeal of doing so. As for replaying the higher levels, even with maximum upgrades the basic gameplay is so annoying I can't imagine why anyone would bother. If you're a perfectionist like I am, you'll want to get a perfect score on every level, but in this game, the aggravation inherent in attempting to do so is enough to make you pull your hair out. You're so quickly overwhelmed that the game is more frustrating than fun.

[Post New]by bluevervain on Jun 28, 10 6:44 PM
I do have ONE positive thing I can say about it game, in regards to the aerobics instructor you can hire to assist you - he's a dead ringer for Richard Simmons, which I found both hilarious and adorable. As for the rest of it...bleh, no thanks. I'll just play Sally's Spa.

Zmija6
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Zmija6 on Jul 19, 10 11:05 AM
If I had to choose one game between Sally's Salon,Sally's Spa and Sally's Studio - I really couldn't.I like all three of them equally.They are quite similar but of course there are many differences in upgrades etc. I'd say that the most difficult one of them is this one - Sally's Studio only because of the 'medals' you earn.I'm a perfectionist so I will try to get all of the rewards.
I enjoy playing all Sally's games.They are very fun and by every level they get harder.You deffinately need to be fast with clicking around,moving customers and paying attention to the pop-ups which are quite distracting. I haven't bought any games on Big Fish Games before,but I did play many trials even more than once (I downloaded trials on different computers of games I liked). I sure will buy all three Sally's games.

[Post New]by Fifi_Fluff on Aug 8, 10 4:02 PM
I have just completed Sally's Salon with all the trophies - hooray!! I have to say it took me several attempts to finally finish...but when I got 23 happy customers on the last level of Honalulu, I was over-joyed!! Especially because I was struggling to get 22, which I thought was all I needed! Having finished, I would like to say I loved it! All the locations and staff were great, I loved the little noises the customers make and I found the game play both challenging and enjoyable - smash hit in my opinion

rheadamom
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by rheadamom on Oct 9, 10 2:17 PM
I have finished the game with perfect on all levels, but I still can't get the medal in Delhi India. I had all locations full, and performed the tasks, but I am doing something wrong, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. It says to achieve a nine chain task, which I thought I did, lol.

[Post New]by trumbley46 on Jul 26, 13 3:39 AM
rheadamom wrote:I have finished the game with perfect on all levels, but I still can't get the medal in Delhi India. I had all locations full, and performed the tasks, but I am doing something wrong, can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong. It says to achieve a nine chain task, which I thought I did, lol.

if you found out the answer I would love to know

Go to: