CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Another BF offer refusing to run...

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on May 28, 10 3:20 AM

I have downloaded the game twice this morning. The 1st time I was greeted with a black screen. The 2nd time I received a few musical notes, a flash and then another black screen. I immediately came to the Forum, reviewed the HELP suggestions and followed through taking the time to run DXDIAG. My computer meets game specs. I am running Win 7 on a Dell. I have complete confidence in my computer. I wish I could say the same for BF. The game requires closing via Task Mgr. Fritz now sits smiling back at me with a reminder I have 44 mins. of play. 44 minutes of a game I have yet to see!
Apparently this game had the same problems when offered last April. There were similar issues with yesterdays offering. What is happening with the BF site? Where are the code trouble shooters?
BF has a big weekend offering and I had intended to take advantage of the sales. I'm not sure what annoys me more...BF wasting my $ or my time. I would understand the issues so many of us are having with BF if these games in Beta.
Yes, I realize I am discussing computer gaming not brain surgery or ending world hunger but I expect success and efficiency whatever the task at hand.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Another BF offer refusing to run...

[Post New]by prpldva on May 28, 10 5:52 AM
Sorry you are having trouble. They can't fix it if they don't know about it....please let tech support know- they do not read the forums...

[Post New]by GrannyCharli on May 28, 10 6:43 AM
CLEMONSTWAIN.....

Sorry you are having problems but IMO, BF is not at fault here. I downloaded the game this morning, bought the game, & have been playing it for close to 2 hours now with no problems at all. I also have a Dell but I am running Vista.

[Post New]by BarbaraFish on May 28, 10 9:11 AM
I have a Dell running with XP. I also, downloaded and bought and have had no problems. The game has a long initial load time but after that it's smooth sailing.

[Post New]by arseniy on Jul 31, 10 10:23 AM
I probably have same problem. Monitor says Out Of Range. Also many games runs perfect. Also tried get latest DX and update video card drivers. Not helped.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jul 31, 10 10:41 AM
Hey CLEMONSTWAIN and arseniy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having troubles with the game and that the help suggestions haven't solved the issue for you! The next best step would be to contact Tech Support! It would be very helpful if you could include the steps you've already taken and any specific error messages that may be coming up as well.

To contact a rep, go ahead and click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) of the next page to reach the online web form. To submit the web form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you will then be able to click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM PST.

I'll be locking this thread up due to it being a tech thread, but please feel free to continue the discussion in the technical issues thread!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: