Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Greed: Old Enemies Returning here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 1, 18 12:37 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/01/2018 at 8:19:06 AM PST

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Greed: Old Enemies Returning here.

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 1, 18 5:16 AM
wow - so your pretty basic, old style straight hidden object game. not even any voice overs. so far, only minimal interaction with items in the inventory.

suniris
Guppy
Guppy
180 Posts

[Post New]by suniris on Jan 1, 18 7:03 AM
This is supposed to be a "new Year" but this game is pretty old

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Jan 1, 18 7:08 AM
This game does not bode well for 2018 BFG game line up.
Seriously--"Pontoon Labs"?
Game release elsewhere was October and probably further back. Basic, no interaction, simple HOS, no voice overs, cardboard cutout characters.
Story is meager and not interesting.
Previewed this game back in October on another site. It was no thanks then and is still a no thanks.
Try for yourself. I will be interested to see what others have to say.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Jan 1, 18 7:27 AM
I think it must have been dug out of the archives and dusted off. It sure is disappointing for the 1st game of the new year.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 1, 18 7:28 AM
I agree with you guys to a certain point, it has indeed been released on another site, but that's how it works. BF can't grab these games until it has run it's course on the site that offers it exclusively, just like other sites can't grab the games exclusive to BF until it has run it's course. This game does have voiceovers, it just doesn't have lip synced movements. Yes, it's an old school HO style, but I actually prefer these computer generated graphics over the hand-drawn graphics, because I like the crisp clean lines it offers, and the characters look the way they do because of the CG graphics. Characters look the same way in all of the very popular "console" games (not sure I can say the SPS name or the one that starts with the third to the last letter)

With that being said, the storyline is good, especially if you have been keeping up with the Greed games (see my series list on the main forum page) Yes I agree, Pontoon Labs is a stupid name, but I love the mysterious Men in Black that show up in all 3 games, similar to the Observers Men in Black on Fringe.

I am disappointed, however in this games lack of collectibles that were available in the other two games. The first game had 14 Radioactive items to find, and 7 pages of Dr. Goodwins awards. The second game had 10 Oracle's Emblems and 9 missing Diary pages to find. I didn't find any collectibles in this game, but I could be wrong. I will use a PCC for this game, because I enjoyed the unusual conspiracy plots of the first two games.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 1, 18 8:18 AM
Hi Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread for Greed: Old Enemies Returning! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on this game here. There are just a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Greed: Old Enemies Returning.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. Also, remember that moderators will remove any content that isn’t a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators. We'll be happy to assist in any way we can.

bfgArinelle

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 1, 18 8:46 AM

Dr. Goodwin dedicated his life researching to find a cure for his son's illness. He discovered a miracle genetic cure that could potentially cure all illnesses, but someone sabotaged his life's work, when the laboratory was completely destroyed, along with most of the genetic formula, in an explosion, in the first game of this series Greed: The Mad Scientist (November 5-2013)

In Greed: Forbidden Experiments (March 23-2015) we discovered that someone in the Lab was performing unethical experiments on humans, in an effort to create super humans with super human strengths.It appeared that the two storylines had nothing to do with each other, but then again, the Men in Black have been spotted here as well!

In Greed: Old Enemies Returning (January 1-2018) familiar faces enter our lives once more as Sara Goodwin asks Detective Amy Turner for help once more, when old enemies return. Since the explosion, Bura Pharma has been undergoing federal investigations into their connections with the explosion that claimed Dr. Goodwin's life. The government assured Dr. Goodwin's daughter Sara, that her father's Lab would be restored, but she has just discovered they are actually demolishing the Lab!

Those mysterious Men in Black, have already been spotted snooping around the site, has the government and the giant Pharmaceutical company joined forces? Have they returned to sabotage whats left of Dr. Goodwin's genetic code formula?

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jan 1, 18 10:19 AM
I might be in the minority, but I think it's fun playing a retro game. No morphs to search for, no "secret signs" to search for, just a straight forward hidden object game. I'd recommend it, but what do I know. I loved the Scott Adams games and the Zork series.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Jan 1, 18 2:34 PM
Swimming upstream with Old_Man_River, I enjoyed the style of this game.
Nice HOG with no pretenses! I admit I did get a laugh out of "Pontoon Labs"!

I had no problem using a PCC to get the game, and look forward to finishing it!

As always, try it for yourself and see if it is compatible with your OS and what you like in a game.

Happy New Year Everyone!

BK

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Jan 1, 18 5:47 PM
What kind of a joke is this? This should have been saved for April 1.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 2, 18 3:46 AM
cathybobcat wrote:What kind of a joke is this? This should have been saved for April 1.

What kind of a review is this?

cathybobcat
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by cathybobcat on Jan 2, 18 1:49 PM
In the USA, April 1 is April Fool's Day. Can't sum up my opinion of this game and it's New Year's release any better than that.

Edited on 01/02/2018 at 1:51:36 PM PST

nanafraser
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by nanafraser on Jan 5, 18 5:24 PM
That's onea shortest trials, maybe its a short game! But I have a coupon

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Jan 9, 18 11:53 PM
While I do enjoy a good retro-style game, this one is ridiculously short. It took 1 1/2 hours to complete. I did skip 2 puzzles that just aren't my thing but that's still just sad.

[Post New]by notretired on Jan 11, 18 7:25 PM
Worst game ever.

Go to: