Geyser Elevator

[Post New]by aadams1964 on May 28, 10 6:25 AM
I have turned off the alarm to the geyser elevator and jammed the water wheel with the metal plate, used the machete on the belt to distract the geyser elevator guard, but when I return to speak to him.....Ariane just walks away saying she has to distract him. What have I missed?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Geyser Elevator

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 28, 10 1:33 PM
If the guard is still there, you haven't finished distracting him.

[Post New]by aadams1964 on May 28, 10 4:23 PM
Great........what did I miss? What do I have to do to finish distracting him?

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 29, 10 8:18 AM
This is a funny one. I think you've done everything. Try approaching the guard from a different direction.

(I was wrong about him not being there. Alarm + water redirection + machete on belt should give you a new conversation topic).

[Post New]by aadams1964 on May 30, 10 10:41 AM
Thanks for your reply. Hutha Meo just stands there like an idiot. I did all the right things then I walk Ariane over to Hutha and she immediately walks away from him and says "No I have to distract him". I have approached him every way possible and it doesn't make any difference. Occasionally a hand will appear on the Geyser door but no action will happen. She just runs away from him, so that new conversation topic doesn't happen........................................do you think there's something wrong with my download? This is frustrating me..............

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 30, 10 11:02 AM
I really don't know. I had the same problem a long time ago and I don't remember what I did to resolve it.

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling as a last resort, before you get in touch with CS. I'm sorry I can't be more help.

[Post New]by CaymanTurtle on Jul 7, 10 5:34 AM
I'm having the same problem. Did anyone ever figure this out?

[Post New]by CaymanTurtle on Jul 7, 10 5:47 AM
Nevermind, I figured it out. Go to the view where you can see the entire platform from above. If you put your cursor on the guard, you will get the speech option. Click and Ariane will go and talk to him.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jul 7, 10 5:54 AM
Great! Thank you for that.

Nic_E_
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Nic_E_ on Aug 21, 12 8:30 AM
Thank you awesome hint here - It worked for me too!!!

[Post New]by funkyjane on May 5, 13 8:19 PM
I am asking this question because I have done this bit three times and the elevator doesn't move and I'm getting REALLY frustrated here...! I have talked to the elevator guard, I've turned off the alarm, the giant guy had the floating guy leave, I've talked to Amelia, blocked the water and cut the belt, the giant guy left, went in the elevator and did the diamond thing and it
DOESN"T MOVE!!! GAAAAAAAAHHHHH! So... anyone have any ideas? Do I need to go find the guard guy again and speak with him BEFORE I get in the elevator???

Go to: