cotton swab

[Post New]by hameydoo on May 28, 10 9:44 AM
where do I find the cotton swab and acid to do the hands with in autopsy for Martin?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:cotton swab

[Post New]by prpldva on May 28, 10 11:14 PM
Hi hameydoo! Welcome to the forums!

Exit to the map and go to his office

Loismcd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Loismcd on Jun 5, 10 6:19 AM
I found the swab and the acid and have veen coating his hand and arm with the acid, but with no success. The hand and slightly past the wrist are throughly coated but Will will not send me back to the lab. I have recoated the hand many times and even tried to skip the puzzle but I can not use the machine in the lab.
Any help ????

[Post New]by boxcarss on Jun 6, 10 2:07 PM
Same problem. Pulled and analyzed bullet OK. Have acid and swabs, dipped swabs in acid and have been painting the hand and arm all day and nothing happens.
This game does not allow you to "skip" a puzzle, it has to be completed. What is the trick to finally get the swab puzzle done?

cotton swab

[Post New]by wardlk on Jun 18, 10 11:50 AM
hameydoo wrote:where do I find the cotton swab and acid to do the hands with in autopsy for Martin?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

cotton swab

[Post New]by prpldva on Jun 25, 10 11:36 PM
wardlk wrote:
hameydoo wrote:where do I find the cotton swab and acid to do the hands with in autopsy for Martin

Hi wardlk! Welcome to the forums!

Exit to the map and go to the office.

I hope this helps,

PrplDva

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Jun 25, 10 11:39 PM
boxcarss wrote:Same problem. Pulled and analyzed bullet OK. Have acid and swabs, dipped swabs in acid and have been painting the hand and arm all day and nothing happens.
This game does not allow you to "skip" a puzzle, it has to be completed. What is the trick to finally get the swab puzzle done?

Hi boxcarss- welcome to the forums!

Sorry you are having trouble. Are you seeing the hand change color?

[Post New]by TrinityDivine on Jun 28, 10 10:28 AM
I am having the exact same problem. The hand has changed color and according to the walkthrough, Will is supposed to say it has to be examined in the lab, but this is not happening.

If it helps, I examined the hand first before I realized I needed to get the cotton swab from the other room. Went back to the lab to get the swabs then back to the autopsy room.

In any case, I'm stuck in the game now.

[Post New]by t4263dc on Jul 24, 11 8:42 AM
Hi. I am having a problem with the cotton swab. I have used the acid and sprinkled the entire hand to include the arm. The hand does not change color and I cannot move forward with the game. I was able to analyze the bullet. Can someone please help?

[Post New]by pinkstilettos7 on Jul 25, 11 3:44 AM
im having the same problem!! Swabbed the hand and my swab disappeared while I was doing it. Ended up having to skip that puzzle and can't get any further because I don't have the swabs to test in the machine in the forensics lab. Somebody please tell me if I am making a mistake.

[Post New]by purpleprincessk on Jul 28, 11 7:23 AM
Hi Everyone,

Was wondering if anyone has found a solution to this yet? the problem im having is that the swab disappears during the puzzle. I can't get any further because I don't have the swabs to test in the machine in the forensics lab.

The first time it happen I re-downloaded the game restarting from chapter 1. Second time skipped the puzzle and then cant move forward and this time I dont know what to do.

Also is there a way of restarting the chapter and not the whole game. Im playing on the ipadand iphone.

Thanks

[Post New]by Prossed on Aug 7, 11 7:48 AM
Lots of people here with the same types of problems but I don't see any answers to the problem. My cotton swab disappeared and I can't move on. Any answers anyone?

[Post New]by Tromimi on Aug 7, 11 3:34 PM
I was having exactly the same problem with the disappearing swab and scoured the Internet for a solution, to no avail. I even wrote to G5's support team...
And guess what? My 11-year-old son waltzed in and fixed it in 30 seconds, aaargh!!!
All he did was open the Inventory, took out the gun which was in 2nd place, then clicked on it when it was " outside". It then went back into the inventory, but in 3rd place, with an empty space left between the bullet (#1) and the gun. When he tapped (I'm on an iPad) on the empty space, the swab popped out of the inventory!! Problem solved! I have now moved on.
Hope this helps everyone.

Valyna
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Valyna on Aug 16, 11 3:39 PM
OK - I have swabbed...and swabbed...and swabbed....the hand and part of the wrist is blue/grey. I have swabbed the whole arm. I am not talking 5 minutes - I am talking close to an hour with short stops for conversation and watching the news.

I still cannot proceed....any ideas on what this blonde is doing wrong??

knfarms
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by knfarms on Aug 19, 11 8:12 PM
Cotton swab is there, but some form of glitch doesn't let you see it. I was back at th lab, clicked on inventory, clicked on the first blank box and the cotton swab appeared! I then slid it over to th machine and it worked!

[Post New]by rlacross22 on Mar 24, 13 1:12 AM
I HAVE the swab and ready to use it on the machine in the lab, but the machine just sparkles every time I try to add the swab. About to uninstall the game for good! Been stuck for weeks!

Go to: