Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please any TECH ISSUES for Mortimer Beckett and the Book of Gold Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 2, 18 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/02/2018 at 8:35:22 AM PST

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

Re:Please any TECH ISSUES for Mortimer Beckett and the Book of Gold Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pungstress on Jan 2, 18 5:55 AM
I was really excited to see this game today because I had always loved the series. Unfortunately, there is some sort of glitch; none of the words are visible. Instead there are spaced blocks of color where the words are supposed to be. As I was familiar with the Mortimer gameplay, I tried to play it without the instructions and prompts, but got to a point where I simply could not figure out what to do next without them.
VERY disappointing; I hope they can fix this because I would really like to purchase it.
Playing on Windows 10.

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

Re:Please any TECH ISSUES for Mortimer Beckett and the Book of Gold Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 2, 18 6:13 AM
@pungstress

Hello pungstress

This sounds like a graphics issue, one that I've experienced before when I have too many games downloaded. You should try to delete and reinstall this game first. If that doesn't solve the issue, try deleting some of the games you have downloaded on the game manager, (you can always download them later) I also clear my recycle bin and restart my computer once I do this. Then try to download just Mortimer Beckett

If that doesn't work either, I'm sure the forum admins will swim by to throw you a line link to solve the graphics issues.

Hope this helps, this will help pass the time while you wait
cheers

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 2, 18 8:35 AM
Hi Everyone,

If you are having problems getting the game to work as it should, we highly recommend visiting the Big Fish Games Help pages as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped past players correct various types of problems:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using the information in our Big Fish Games Help articles, please get in touch with the Customer Support Team. It would also be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide the most appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are looking for game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by gbartilucci on Jan 2, 18 10:37 AM
How can I turn off the tutorial?

7warrior7
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by 7warrior7 on Jan 2, 18 11:24 AM
pungstress wrote:I was really excited to see this game today because I had always loved the series. Unfortunately, there is some sort of glitch; none of the words are visible. Instead there are spaced blocks of color where the words are supposed to be. As I was familiar with the Mortimer gameplay, I tried to play it without the instructions and prompts, but got to a point where I simply could not figure out what to do next without them.
VERY disappointing; I hope they can fix this because I would really like to purchase it.
Playing on Windows 10.

I had this same problem at ****, Just pink blobs for words. I tried redownloading it several times, but still the same problem.
I was happy to see it came to bigfish until I downloaded it and got the same pink blobs for words

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 2, 18 1:29 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like some players are running into odd pink blobs on the screen while playing, and there's also a question about turning off the tutorial. I'll be happy to lend a hand to help as best as I can.

Let's start with the tutorial question. To skip the tutorial, you can click on the three horizontal lines at the bottom-left corner to bring up the Menu panel. From there, select "Go to Map" to exit the tutorial level and get straight to the first level of the game. Hope this helps!

As for the display issues, it's possible that something in the game isn't getting along well with the current video card drivers installed. It may help to check for any updates, as well as to run the game as an Administrator so that all of the resources the game needs to load and operate its files are available. Steps for this can be found here:

Video Driver Updates

Should these tips not resolve the issue, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can further assist. You may also PM me or another Moderator with remaining questions. We'll do whatever we can to help.

bfgArinelle

dollyflower
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,373 Posts

[Post New]by dollyflower on Jan 3, 18 9:56 AM
On screen dialog was just little pink squares which I imagine were letters? Hint button didn't work (was that really what the question mark at the lower right was?) Had to Cont/Alt/Del to get out of the game. Tried all the solutions mentioned above without any change. Looks like the developer needs to fix this! What a mess! Windows XP.

Edited on 01/03/2018 at 9:59:12 AM PST

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 3, 18 10:59 AM
Hi dollyflower,

I'm sorry to hear that the troubleshooting steps above didn't resolve the issue. In cases where troubleshooting isn't successful, the best course is to contact our Technical Support Team since they have the tools to best assist in those cases. They can also help us by gathering information useful for passing along reports of issues our players have run into.

Please send a PM to me or one of our other Moderators if there are lingering questions. We'll do everything we can to assist.

bfgArinelle

gertie23
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by gertie23 on Jan 4, 18 12:25 AM
I have never been able to play any of the Mortimer Beckett games, here or at any other site (they would always shut down my computer), but I thought it's been awhile so hopefully the bugs wouldn't still be there. No such luck, I had made it to the front door and boom, it shut my computer down. I do not understand it. No biggie though as it looks pretty rudimentary, so I'm not really missing anything.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 4, 18 11:53 AM
Hi gertie23,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble trying to play some of our games. It's possible that something with the games doesn't get along with the current computer configuration, so I'd definitely recommend checking for any updates that may be available to see if that helps. Steps for this can be found here:

Video Driver Updates
Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If this does not help, please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can collect information helpful for passing along reports of issues our players have run into. You can also PM me or another Moderator with any questions. We'll do whatever we can to assist.

bfgArinelle

nantyglyn
Salmon
Salmon
2,939 Posts

[Post New]by nantyglyn on Jan 6, 18 2:18 PM
I've been looking forward to this game, but I CANNOT get it to run. It will open as an icon in my task bar, and I will hear music playing, but I cannot get it to open so I can play the game. And the timer for the demo is running down. I don't know what to try. I've updated my video drivers, and tried to run in Administrator mode. When I tried that, it wouldn't open at all, not even in the task bar.

I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone else report this problem. I am running Windows 10.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 6, 18 2:35 PM
Hello nantyglyn,

I can definitely understand why you looked forward to this game and am so sorry the trial ran out before it could be played. It sounds like several of the previously suggested troubleshooting steps haven't worked, so I'll do my best to figure this out.

Since the video card drivers have been updated, let's try updating a few other key software programs. The help page below will explain what to update and how.

Install the latest software updates

I'd also try adjusting your graphics settings and taking a look at the other suggestions in that help article.

If these processes don't fix the game, then it's possible that something within the game prevents it from running properly on the computer. If that's the case, I'm deeply sorry. I'll definitely pass along information about these errors to the appropriate teams so that they might be investigated further. Should any new questions or concerns arise, please PM me or another member of the Moderation Team. We're always here to help.

bfgBeruna

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Windows format seems unavailable

[Post New]by kandinsky on Jan 6, 18 5:12 PM
It seems impossible to play other than full screen
Nowadays it seems games almost all allow a windows format
it this a glitch? is it something that can be corrected?
I have other things going on in my life and really will not play a game
full screen.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 7, 18 2:03 PM
Hi kandinsky,

I definitely understand wanting to play a game in windowed mode instead of fullscreen. Taking a look at the options for the game, I'm not seeing a way to switch it into windowed mode. I also tried the Atl + Enter trick that works for some games, but that didn't switch the game out of fullscreen either. If I find a way to switch it'll, I'll update the thread to let everyone know.

Sorry that I haven't been able to find a solution yet. Please let me know if there are any additional questions. I'll be happy to assist however I can.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by golfgirl63 on Jan 8, 18 10:47 AM
I cannot get past the camel game although I beat the clock every time, I have tried reinstalling game but still not working.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 8, 18 12:15 PM
Hi golfgirl63,

I'm sorry to hear there's been trouble with the camel race. There's a training round prior to the actual race where there are other camels in the race. If it's the second version where there's trouble moving on to the next thing, it may help to run the game as an Administrator to make sure the game has all the permissions it needs to access all the files for completing the puzzle and getting to the next area. Steps for this can be found here:

If these steps do not resolve the issue, please reach out to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. You can also PM me or another Moderator whenever you'd like. We're always happy to answer any remaining questions that we can.

bfgArinelle

Fiobo
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Fiobo on Jan 13, 18 8:09 PM
Such a shame I wasn't able to play this game, I own all The Mortimer Beckett games and have always loved them. But as others have mentioned, there are only blocks of pink text instead of words. And my computer is able to handle much more complicated games than this in terms of graphics, so I won't be faffing about altering things I shouldn't need to alter for such a simple looking game.

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 14, 18 2:10 PM
Hi Fiobo,

I'm sorry to hear you're also running into the trouble where the letters for the game appear as pink spots. If you'd prefer not to try the offered troubleshooting steps for this situation (checking for video card driver updates, running the game as an Administrator), please send a message to our Technical Support Team so they can offer other assistance. You can also PM me or another Moderator with remaining concerns. We'll do our best to help.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by thesquirt on Jan 15, 18 3:19 PM
When I go to the bonus chapters, the screen zooms and I can't see all the items. I am on a mac running sierra.

Go to: