bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Antique Road Trip USA technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 29, 10 3:01 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Re:Post any Antique Road Trip USA technical issues here only

[Post New]by anna_barbara on May 29, 10 1:39 PM
Hi,
when I want to start this game there was an error:
'Cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt or wrong version
File "BASS.dll", error 998'
I've tried to uninstall and install again - and there was the same error
(after uninstalling was communicated that some files were not removed).
I have XP SP3 polish.

[Post New]by kamari55 on May 30, 10 5:05 AM
The same problem here and also with Faded Reality

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on May 30, 10 5:18 AM
Almost every game I download, I get that "missing DLL..." error message, but so far if I just wait a few seconds and then click on "play game," or the game icon on my desktop, it always starts. Now I just ignore that error message as it doesn't seem to mean anything.

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 30, 10 6:41 PM
folkdance wrote:Almost every game I download, I get that "missing DLL..." error message, but so far if I just wait a few seconds and then click on "play game," or the game icon on my desktop, it always starts. Now I just ignore that error message as it doesn't seem to mean anything.

After reading your post I tried that, but it didn't work for me. Too bad. Looks like a cute game. Time to uninstall...

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on May 31, 10 10:22 AM
At first I was just going to Try the Game, but then it said the trial was up even though I had not even opened the game.... Then I decided I would just buy it because it looked pretty good. However I still can't open it, I can't remove it, it just goes into Uninstalling mode and pretty much freezes

I can't play the game, I can't uninstall the game, this is a bit frustrating Any suggestions on how to fix this?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 31, 10 10:42 AM
Rose427 wrote:I can't play the game, I can't uninstall the game, this is a bit frustrating Any suggestions on how to fix this?

You might try booting up into Safe Mode and then uninstalling. If that doesn't work, contact BFG Customer Support. I had this happen a long time ago with a different game. It seems to me that BFG CS walked me through how to get rid of the game files. I think they had me uninstall the Game Manager and then download another game to reinstall it, but it's been a while. I'd contact them before I would try that. Good luck.

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on May 31, 10 11:12 AM
I think I am going to try uninstalling the Game Manager, I don't think I have any games that I am playing too much at the moment, so I can clear up the space on my computer and then go ahead and do a reinstall.

I will try the safe mode first.

Thank you!

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on May 31, 10 1:13 PM
burf90: Problem fixed, thank you again!

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on May 31, 10 10:20 PM
Rose427 wrote:burf90: Problem fixed, thank you again!

That's great! I'm working with CS now to try to get the game running on my PC, but no luck so far. At least it's only the trial version and I can uninstall it.

[Post New]by honeypie327 on Jun 13, 10 2:49 PM
Hi guys, my game was working fine until I got to the Oriental shop and had to get all those Hats..was able to find them All but clicking on last hat doesnt work...im stuck! Any ideas? already unistalled..reinstalled etc...thanks Honeypie

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

[Post New]by burf90 on Jun 14, 10 1:29 PM
Hi Honeypie. I didn't play that far into the game (I did finally get it running), but is it possible that you don't have the right hat? Did you try using a hint to see if it's the right object?

One of my pet peeves with HOG's in general is that they often have static objects in the background scenes that exactly match the description of an object you are supposed to find, but they are the "wrong" objects. So, the perfectly good "axe" I just found in the scene is the wrong "axe" - they apparently don't want that "axe", but would rather have the OTHER "axe" at the back and to the left of the one I foolishly found... Really irritating and indicates very lazy programming.

Edited on 07/29/2010 at 9:18:08 PM PST

[Post New]by craftyparrot on Jul 26, 10 10:52 PM
Hi there!

Does anyone know if the game can (or is supposed to be) put into widescreen mode? When I have it in full screen (not windowed), it appears in pillar box form with only a small square in the middle and big black bars on either side. Everything looks tiny this way!

I seem to remember it being in full screen when I demoed it before, but I might be wrong. Any quick fixes or is this how the game is supposed to look?

[Post New]by michaella_apoel on Apr 22, 11 9:27 AM
hi i've been playing the game for a couple of days with no trouble but last night, when i tried to open it, it just froze my computer. i got the big fish logo and then the other logo and then a blank screen with a yellow cursor. i tried escape, it didnt work. i tried the start button on the keyboard didn't work. i tried ctrl+alt+delete nothing, so i had to swich off the laptop from the button. then when i restarted the computer the same thing happened. 3 times. should i even try to start again?

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Apr 22, 11 10:10 AM
Hey michaella_apoel,

You might want to check to see if an update to your computer might help; please take a look at this help article for those instructions:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you'd like further assistance, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to help. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Chevan on May 14, 11 1:11 PM
I am having trouble getting past the name screen. The game loads and takes me to the list of players screen, and will not let me go past it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the same thing happens every time. The first time I played it everything worked well, but something happened that will not let me go back in.

Problem with "Jigsaw" of horse/jockey

[Post New]by EarleyDaysYet on Jan 7, 12 5:48 AM
I have 2 queries:

1. I don't know how far it is into the game, but there's a puzzle requiring you to put a horse/jockey figurine back together. I've done it the 1st time, to find that there is on part of the base out of place, and which could not be selected or moved. I closed the game, rebooted (iPhone 4), went back in... now it's the horse's face which can't be moved. 3rd try - jockey's leg. Getting very frustrated - I really don't want to restart the game, especially if I had to play it all again to end up with the same issue.

2. Touch screen is RIDICULOUSLY over-sensitive. I'm ready to strangle that freaking puppy because it comes up every time I move around a scene. Also, touching something to select it often makes the game think you must want to go as far as possible in that direction; "catching" it by touching the screen again... Yep, it's that bloody dog again. Or the red X - either way, it's VERY irritating.

evetruth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by evetruth on Oct 10, 13 11:58 AM
I don't know what happened but when I went to play Antique Road Trip it started me back from the beginning. I was at level 24. I had friends and tthey are not there. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game yet nothing happen. I don't think I'll be playing this game again

[Post New]by User1001 on Oct 25, 13 8:00 AM
I've been playing this game for awhile and really like it. However, I'm unable to advance on two quests.

I had already gone to the highest levels at both Red Mine and the Doll Shop locations. (I.e. all the trophies are filled.) Now I have a quest that requires me to "Go to the Red Mine" but whenever I go there and complete the location again, it does not register that the quest was completed. I have repeated it at least six times, but no matter, the quest is still showing not completed. The second quest requires me to get a stamp that apparently is located at the Doll Shop (the location is designated as a quest area), but no items are able to be collected there anymore. (When I complete the location, I only get experience, no items.) Please fix this glitch soon. I like this game.

evetruth
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by evetruth on Oct 25, 13 11:20 AM
evetruth wrote:I don't know what happened but when I went to play Antique Road Trip it started me back from the beginning. I was at level 24. I had friends and tthey are not there. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled the game yet nothing happen. I don't think I'll be playing this game again
I found out why it happened. I had a power outage that day and it didn't save my game. When I did reinstalled it , It still had me at level one but I still had my friends,collectibles, and achievements. The downsides were I had to reupgrade all my buildings and I lost a couple of quests because I had the advantage to do the quests before they were asked for.

Go to: