rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

Anyone know anybody who has a 'fresh water' fish forum avatar?

[Post New]by rbsworld on Jan 2, 18 6:36 PM
I was checking what would be my next 'fishy' level. I really don't like being a Minnow. Anyway, they don't tell you how many posts you need to level up but if you scroll down on the menu, it lists new Fresh Water forum avatars..some are really cool!

Little Nemo...I want a Nemo off the salt water list! Probably have to have the likes of a million posts..so for me it's going to be love for him from afar. But on the new offerings..the shrimp is cute.

Anyway, never ever have seen any...and was just wondering if anyone else had.

RBsMom

PS ..you can find the menu by clicking your fish type.

Edited on 01/02/2018 at 6:39:16 PM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

Re:Anyone know anybody who has a 'fresh water' fish forum avatar?

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 2, 18 6:50 PM
I have never seen any of the fresh water fishes, either and have been wondering about them, too.

To become a clownfish (Nemo) I think you need 500 posts, so you are more than halfway there already! The only way to get a rough idea on number of posts required for a specific rank is to scroll through the posts in the forum until you find one or more posters with that rank.

I think that the reason they don't tell the number required for each rank is to deter people from posting just to level up.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Jan 2, 18 6:51 PM
I had Nemo but now I am a Samlmon (2754 posts) and that is fine with me seeing I am from Nova Scotia it suits me no Fresh Water yet that is a long way away
Happy posting and swimming to the next fishy>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

silver_hawk
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,532 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Jan 2, 18 6:57 PM
rbsworld wrote:I was checking what would be my next 'fishy' level. I really don't like being a Minnow.

You'll be a Herring on post number 300. You have 25 more to go as of this post.

Anyway, never ever have seen any...and was just wondering if anyone else had.

I've seen Whale Sharks but have never seen an Orca or Narwhal yet. All the Freshwater comes after those so needless to say I've not seen a freshwater fishy.

Edited on 01/02/2018 at 7:01:36 PM PST

july1277
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by july1277 on Jan 2, 18 7:48 PM
I became a parrotfish when I did my 400th post

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Jan 2, 18 8:10 PM
silver_hawk wrote:
I've seen Whale Sharks but have never seen an Orca or Narwhal yet. All the Freshwater comes after those so needless to say I've not seen a freshwater fishy.

I've seen an Orca, and just checked and found out she has over 23,000 posts! Considering that the Narwhal is after that, I can't imagine the need for 10 more ranks!

july1277
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by july1277 on Jan 3, 18 1:57 AM
I was think who could have that many post to even have a fresh water fish and then it hit me. A Moderator would. I looked through the current list of Moderators and found one that has over 12,000 posts. That name has been part of big fish family since 2007. That's a lot of typing.
So the next time you see a post from one of the Moderators, see what there avatars is

Edited on 01/03/2018 at 2:00:54 AM PST

july1277
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by july1277 on Jan 3, 18 1:58 AM
Just one more thing: how does a person become a Moderator? What are the requirements? I am just wondering

Edited on 01/03/2018 at 2:02:27 AM PST

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
803 Posts

[Post New]by dandydog on Jan 3, 18 3:24 AM
That's "ME!"... ...Nemo "A Clownfish!".... ...Hey Randy!....Do Ya think this could be the reason why I just love to bedevil PTG every time I can!... ....Hummmmm...I'll have to ponder about this one......

Edited on 01/03/2018 at 3:26:04 AM PST

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Jan 3, 18 9:18 AM
I checked the moderators avatars last night. I was thinking along the same lines as july1277 and most moderators have a BFG logo....

Still looking for any sign of a fresh water avatar.

Have fun in your castle,

RBsMom

Maybe if one of the mods swims by they can give us more info... please

Edited on 01/03/2018 at 9:20:22 AM PST

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 3, 18 2:38 PM
I read this thread then looked at my fish to discover that I am now an Angelfish.I didn't even notice that it had changed until then!

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 3, 18 3:47 PM
Hi there Everyone!

The hunt for freshwater fish is a tricky one, but there are definitely some out there! I asked around with the team, and we found a couple of examples (a Zebrafish and a Rainbowfish, to be specific). These are posters who have been around a long, long time and have contributed a lot of posts to the Big Fish Games community.

As a bit of backstory, the freshwater fish avatars were added after we had a bunch of players hit Narwhal status. We wanted them to still have new things and new avatars to discover, and so the "freshwater fish" were born!

We value every single one of our users, and it's fantastic that some of our users have gained a freshwater fish for their account. As with all of our titles/ranks, these are earned through number of posts (even I don't know the exact number!), so feel free to keep participating to see which fish you get next.

Hope everyone's having a lovely day! Keep on swimmin'!

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jan 3, 18 3:56 PM
I loved the Angelfish...not crazy about the Barracuda or Manatee. Am looking forward to a "lovelier" fishie. I do remember seeing a Narwhal once.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 3, 18 3:57 PM
Joined bfg forums in 2008... I've never been accused of being the "great communicator"...

AuntieRoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by AuntieRoo on Jan 3, 18 4:36 PM
Thanks for the background bfgArinelle.

It seems to me that you would have to post on an awful lot of other BFGames forums as well as MC to be a freshwater fish.

Edited on 01/03/2018 at 4:37:53 PM PST

badcat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by badcat on Jan 3, 18 7:32 PM
Learn something new from this forum every day...Today I learned that you can check out all the different avatar for the forum. Since I just discovered last year how informative and helpful the forum is I have a long way to go and I just started posting on it this year.
I do like the informative info given on each of the avatars!

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 3, 18 8:14 PM
gohill wrote:Joined bfg forums in 2008... I've never been accused of being the "great communicator"...

Back in the olden days, there was a chit chat forum and a forum for playing word games. People wracked up a huge amount of posts (100 posts a day was "taking it easy" for some posters) and somebody did reach the rank of Koi.

rbsworld
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by rbsworld on Jan 3, 18 9:25 PM
Wow! What a great response!!

Love checking out the different fishies..

and a great big thank you to mod bfgArinelle!

R-mom

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Jan 3, 18 10:24 PM
I found the zebrafish. That player has 48,539 posts to her name. First entered the forum November 2007.

Also found several narwhals. Those players have 30,000+ posts to their name.

I did not take any notice when I became a "Flounder". Salmon next. Randy (he is a salmon) has about 400 more posts than me so I will be get there one of these days. Would like to be a dolphin but looking at TiramaSue's post score that is a long way down the track.

Fun to see the different fishie avatars though.

Dot

Go to: