helpt for uv-light in music box

[Post New]by mlowedo on May 29, 10 8:17 PM
Help!I can't get the uv-light to work. I've tried the walk-through and still can't get it to work. I've played lots of these games and I've never gotten stumped like this yes. I even tried to skip it but it won't let me skip it.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:helpt for uv-light in music box

[Post New]by prpldva on May 29, 10 8:23 PM
Hi mlowedo! Welcome to the forums!

Edited to remove wrong instructions- so sorry.

Edited on 05/30/2010 at 1:46:06 PM PST

ihateshopping
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by ihateshopping on May 30, 10 10:39 AM
prpldva wrote:Hi mlowedo! Welcome to the forums!

After you have placed the film, move the wand slowly over the entire diary until Will says something........

Place the MEMORY CARD into the camera.

Place the DIARY onto the white area.

Take photos of the front and back covers as well as the inside of the diary.

Click on the sparkling corners to turn the page.

With the diary open, use the ROLL OF PLASTIC FILM on the diary.

Wave the UV Wand over the diary to create an electrostatic charge.

Dust the diary with the FINE POWDER until Will says you need to take a photo.

Press the button to take the photo and take the MEMORY CARD from the camera.
Thanks for the effort, but your answer is NOT for this game. The UV Light and Music Box are in the Storeroom at Ryde Corporation, in Chapter 5.

I'm also looking for better instructions.

I've placed the Cylinder in the Music Box, and placed the UV Light so the music score shows up. The object is to move the green pegs, at the bottom of the music box, into the holes in the Cylinder, in some fashion.

The in-game Help function only references placing the Cylinder and UV Light; nothing about what to do...although I figured that out for myself.

The Strategy Guide image shows 3 pegs highlighted (magenta), but that's not the solution. I will post back once I have it, unless someone else has answered this question correctly, elsewhere in the forum.

ihateshopping
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

helpt for uv-light in music box

[Post New]by ihateshopping on May 30, 10 10:52 AM
mlowedo wrote:Help!I can't get the uv-light to work. I've tried the walk-through and still can't get it to work. I've played lots of these games and I've never gotten stumped like this yes. I even tried to skip it but it won't let me skip it.

I figured it out. Place a few pegs (there are 3 rows of holes showing, but 8 lines on the music score) then click and hold the Cylinder wheel (at the right or left side; they look like toothed gears) to move it up and/or down. That way you can access more holes.

Any pegs you've placed correctly can't be moved. If you can click and drag a peg back to the bottom, it's in the wrong hole. Just keep placing the pegs until you've used them all up. Click the blue triangle, at the top-right. If they're still not correct, move them until they are.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on May 30, 10 1:42 PM
Oops sorry- I wrote the walkthrough on both games and was hurrying- so sorry.

Once you have the UV light in place, it will show where each peg goes..

Each hash mark on the wall represents a row on the cylinder.

I hope this helps along with ihateshopping's tips.

Go to: