Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

Something Wrong Here

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on May 30, 10 12:14 AM
I just downloaded the demo.When i tried to run it they said the file was corrupt.I tried it twice.This one may be off to a "Heritage" start

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

Re:Something Wrong Here

[Post New]by govegril on May 30, 10 12:32 AM
The game downloaded, installed and is running fine here capthowdy. Sorry you are having trouble

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on May 30, 10 12:36 AM
I even re-installed and can't get it to run.I know it isn't the computer, (Dell Quad Core,3 gigs standing memory) I have no clue right now.Is it any good?

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 30, 10 12:39 AM
I don't know if this happened, but I have found that sometimes if I try to DL a game too soon after it is posted I have problems with it. If i wait about 10 or 15 min. to DL the game plays fine. This one works for me.

This game has beautiful graphics and unique game play. I like the introduction of the Word games. I am stuck though. I have reached a point where I have a Clue and now when I click on Hint I am just told to look but i have no idea what I am looking for. I have clicked all over the two areas that seem to match the clue but am getting no place. I am stumped. As soon as I move on, I will have a better idea if I like it or not. Except for this stopper, I was enjoying the game.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on May 30, 10 12:53 AM
It is a bit different certainly to most HOGS and I liked the mini games I met so far.
A few downers - when a message comes on screen about a new area, you cannot get rid of it without going there. Some odd English translations - stub instead of stump for the tree and I spent ages looking for the sausage and had to use a hint in the end.
Am not sure if I will buy it yet, LOL but thought I had been playing for about 5 mins and was amazed to find 30 mins had gone by. Will definitely play out the rest of the demo time later today.

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by ajwiggin on May 30, 10 1:16 AM
Have downloaded and uninstalled this game twice now. It loads with the name Puzzle Lab on the screen (this game made by puzzle lab?) and will not go any further.

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on May 30, 10 1:56 AM
I've tried about 7 times.I have no clue as to what's wrong.

jramme
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by jramme on May 30, 10 3:44 AM
I cannot even get the game to download. I click 'run' on the two popup screens and it goes no further.
jramme

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on May 30, 10 5:52 AM
JoyWales wrote:It is a bit different certainly to most HOGS and I liked the mini games I met so far.
A few downers - when a message comes on screen about a new area, you cannot get rid of it without going there. Some odd English translations - stub instead of stump for the tree and I spent ages looking for the sausage and had to use a hint in the end.
Am not sure if I will buy it yet, LOL but thought I had been playing for about 5 mins and was amazed to find 30 mins had gone by. Will definitely play out the rest of the demo time later today.

I have a filthy mind.

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Jixio on May 30, 10 7:08 AM
snapnhiss wrote:
JoyWales wrote:It is a bit different certainly to most HOGS and I liked the mini games I met so far.

I have a filthy mind.

Jixio
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by Jixio on May 30, 10 7:09 AM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 30, 10 7:14 AM
Salami would have been more accurate, I guess - but it's still all pork.

Stump for stub would have been better. (I've not seen the golf club / spoon yet).

ETA That spoon object looks much more like a (1, 3, 5) wood.

Edited on 05/30/2010 at 8:10:57 AM PST

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on May 30, 10 7:34 AM
I'm not experiencing any problems with the game--I downloaded the demo and it's playing fine. Running on Dell with Vista

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 30, 10 8:08 AM
I did get an alert from my PrevX saying the file was Medium Risk Malware.
But I didn't realize I had the warning until the trial time was through and have experienced no other issues and my computer seems to be running fine. Will check more thoroughly in a while.

I had minor issues with the dialogue, as in some points, when it said click and I clicked (once) on it, it automatically opened the next dialogue bit (which was expected) but closed it immediately as if I had clicked again (at lightning speed) preventing me from reading the whole dialogue.
For once I am interested in the blah blah and I can't read it... maybe I'm being punished for skipping so many game dialogues in the last months?

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on May 30, 10 9:28 PM
I've been trying new stuff as suggested by others but still no luck.I have a Dell also with Vista. This has never happened here before,that is what really stumps me.

anonymiss
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by anonymiss on May 30, 10 11:41 PM
snapnhiss wrote:

I have a filthy mind.

Maybe she should have looked for the sausage in the house where the pop-up stated:

"It's strange, the door is opened. I will try to come."

(okay, I'm slinking away now before I get myself into some serious trouble lol)

Edited on 05/30/2010 at 11:42:23 PM PST

Go to: