GoldenGem_01
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Raiders worse than ever

[Post New]by GoldenGem_01 on Jan 3, 18 1:07 PM
Why should people on 125 - and have been for some time - come along and swipe 8, 9 or even more shelves before anyone else has had a chance to look? Tell me in a game that is finishing what do they hope to gain out of it? For pure selfishness they take the cake but unfortunately they seem to be the majority of people who stayed.

They know who they are and I will go on record as saying that those just starting out in the game or who are relatively new to it don't stand a chance and I think the developers are really chicken for not giving us the chance [Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 01/09/2018 at 4:52:31 PM PST

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

Re:Raiders worse than ever

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 3, 18 1:57 PM
Your post is the exact reason why people are kidding themselves if they think they will actually be able to help others by staying in the game and putting out a market. I certainly got fed up with making things for my raider to fill his baskets with, his machines hardly ever ran. New players don't buy much because they don't have the coins, they make what they need, for the most part. The market turned into a side show game of it's own and it is not enjoyable to be taken advantage of. Reraiding does not work because sooner or later you or one of your friends has to put the loot out to free up storage space and the raiders will come back and buy it again, and on and on it goes, the cycle never ends.

GoldenGem_01
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by GoldenGem_01 on Jan 4, 18 2:28 AM
One of them has just come in as I was filling up the shelves and straight off emptied 10 of them - I should be so Lacky! Then later the burnt cake variety comes along and does the same, nobody else gets much of a look in. I can fully understand why people are leaving in droves. If it wasn't for the fact I have already given a commitment to stay for a while longer then I would be off too.

sanzi19
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by sanzi19 on Jan 4, 18 5:40 AM

Edited on 01/09/2018 at 4:45:19 PM PST

GoldenGem_01
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by GoldenGem_01 on Jan 4, 18 7:00 AM
I wholeheartedly agree with you, what a shame the developers just could not be bothered. With the right rules and regulations it has the potential to be a brilliant game and indeed in most aspects of it it is.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 4, 18 9:16 AM
GoldenGem_01 wrote:One of them has just come in as I was filling up the shelves and straight off emptied 10 of them - I should be so Lacky! Then later the burnt cake variety comes along and does the same, nobody else gets much of a look in. I can fully understand why people are leaving in droves. If it wasn't for the fact I have already given a commitment to stay for a while longer then I would be off too.

If you don't need the coins then you don't have to put out a market to please others, you will lose followers but you also will be raider free and can finish out the game with enjoyment. If you do need the coins some good money makers that the raiders don't buy much of are mv bricks, 10 rare plant, 10 strawberries, 10 mushrooms, 10 cotton.

The best way to help new players is to buy from them because they need the coins, and they will buy the bricks and produce if they can afford it.

GoldenGem_01
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by GoldenGem_01 on Jan 5, 18 6:03 AM
Thanks for that Lambrina. I already produce either foundation or mv bricks depending on my mood and the rare plants. At present I help a friend who with her partner runs a couple of games regarding their excess stock which I buy and sell on. I have no particular wish to reach the 125 level as there is not much to encourage me to do so and I quite honestly cannot understand those who are at that level who feel the need to buy even 5 carrots rather than let someone else have them.

Your idea of the mushrooms, cotton and strawberries is sound though and I will start growing them in bulk. Thanks again.

sessemis
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by sessemis on Jan 8, 18 2:23 PM
I agree. The high level players are the worst. They do nor even bother to produce their own products. Why do they need to sell 10 units of the samme product at the same time? No one rarely needs that. I love this game, and am really sad to hear, that there will be more updates. I produce a lot of bricks, and try to help new players as much as I can buying their products. My games name are Sanne (level 125) and Susanne (115).

Edited on 01/08/2018 at 2:33:50 PM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 9, 18 4:55 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'm swimming by to touch base with everyone about the topics being discussed in this thread.

Part of what makes Sunken Secrets a unique and exciting game is that players can choose to focus on the aspects of gameplay that excite them most. They can employ a number of different playing strategies, and in some cases, this includes buying items from a marketplace and selling them in their own. I can appreciate how that strategy would come into conflict with that of players selling items to their followers and friends. I'm sorry that your gaming experienced have been impacted.

I do ask that all players keep the Forum Rules in mind when post, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

The Moderation Team wants everyone who visits our forums to feel comfortable and welcome. By prohibiting name calling and insulting other players, we can all contribute to that safe environment. Thank you for your help with this.

Please don't hesitate to PM me or another moderator if any questions regarding this subject or Sunken Secrets arises. We're always happy to help and to listen.

bfgBeruna

Linalie
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by Linalie on Jan 16, 18 7:29 AM
I had several lower level players still following me, so I thought I would go ahead and try to help them with logs, milk some of the ore and glass. But no...the same 3 raiders that totally sucked the fun out of my game keep clearing me out. They follow and unfollow me at will and I have no way to keep track of them as they are not being followed by me nor are they in my "helped" list. So for all the shellas and starry fishes in the sea and the evil sorcerer that casts gloom upon my island, know now that I am done. Sorry to those who were following me...I really did try to lend you a helping hand.

Lambina
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,123 Posts

[Post New]by Lambina on Jan 16, 18 9:28 AM
The only way you can help the people who need it is if they are waiting in your market when you put the items out, otherwise it is the raiders who will help themselves.

Edited on 01/16/2018 at 9:29:54 AM PST

Go to: