bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Faded Reality technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 30, 10 2:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

Re:Post any Faded Reality technical issues here only

[Post New]by ajwiggin on May 30, 10 2:49 AM
Have downloaded and uninstalled this game twice now. It loads with the name Puzzle Lab on the screen (this game made by puzzle lab?) and will not go any further.

cateyes51
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by cateyes51 on May 30, 10 2:49 AM
I just downloaded the demo and got "Trial Time Expired". How can this be since I have not played the game yet?

[Post New]by ChristmasEve on May 30, 10 3:14 AM
I got the same thing on yesterday's game. Never got to try the game.

[Post New]by gunnhoneydew on May 30, 10 3:36 AM

I JUST DOWNLOAD THE GAME IT WORKS FINE BUT THERE IS NO VOLUME.

REDFIRER
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by REDFIRER on May 30, 10 5:12 AM
i download the game twice it will no open all you get is a black screen

[Post New]by kamari55 on May 30, 10 5:28 AM
I get "cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version Fill "bass.dll", error 998

[Post New]by drliebling on May 30, 10 6:14 AM
I also got "Trial expired" and never played the game.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on May 30, 10 8:11 AM
Got an alert from my PrevX saying the file was Medium Risk Malware.
I didn't realize until the trial time was throughand my computer seems to be running fine. Will check more thoroughly now.

I had minor issues with the dialogue, as in some points, when it said click and I clicked (once) on it, it automatically opened the next dialogue bit (which was expected) but closed it immediately as if I had clicked again (at lightning speed) preventing me from reading the whole dialogue.

If there is an answer to this "demo expired" message please post it. I didn't experience it today but it has happened other times in games I was 99% sure I had never played before.

Lunarea
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by Lunarea on May 30, 10 8:38 AM
I would consider this a technical issue, though it might just be a programming error. When I used the hint button for the last item on the list, the dialogue would freeze and hang until the hint button was done recharging. At first, I thought that my computer was having an issue, but after it happened several times, I figured what was going on. No amount of clicking skips the hint loading wait and it was very frustrating to sit there for a minute or two, waiting for the game to catch up.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on May 30, 10 8:54 AM
Gieyo wrote:If there is an answer to this "demo expired" message please post it. I didn't experience it today but it has happened other times in games I was 99% sure I had never played before.
I did a forum search on the Trial expired lately; the problem-msg is in so many game fora. I didn't find the text I was searching, but the following:

Possible reasons:
If you share your computer with someone else, it could be that someone else downloaded it and tried it, using up the one hour trial.

It could be that you beta tested the game and didn't uninstall it properly. (Have seen at least twice heavy contradiction to this possibility, which was withdrawn later. )

It could be a 'something' on your computer; read f.e. bfgZambezi's msg here:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/79184.page#1465259

Or it can be a problem on BFG's side.

Possible solutions:
(1) Don't uninstall the time expired demo. Re-download the demo and then it should say that you have 60 mins left.

(2) Uninstall the demo and download again.

And if that doesn't cure the problem, don't give up on your demo, but:
(3) Contact Customer Support as mentioned in bfgFlounder's first msg in this thread. Really, that should help best in this case.

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by ajwiggin on May 30, 10 8:05 PM
I had an issue with a previous game saying Trial Time Expired----It was a game I had beta tested. The fix was to delete the profile already in the game and start fresh.

Edited on 05/30/2010 at 8:06:25 PM PST

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on May 30, 10 9:23 PM
I simply can't get this to download. I have tried several times and it wont go passed the 'waiting to download' stage. I'll take all the help i can get.

[Post New]by lillamickan on May 31, 10 2:05 AM
kamari55 wrote:I get "cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version Fill "bass.dll", error 998

I get the same error. I´m using windows 7.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on May 31, 10 3:07 AM
FAILED TO SAVE: I played 32 minutes of the demo the first time and exited the game after the cut scenes leading into chapter 3.

There was no message of any kind at that time, about saving or anything else.

Upon re-entering the game a couple moments ago, IT ASKED IF I WANTED TO CONTINUE WHERE i'D LEFT OFF AT CHAPTER 3 AND I CLICKED (YES), CONTINUE.

But then the game opened at the very first scene with the very same hidden object list.

Not going to take the risk of buying this one.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 31, 10 3:56 AM
There are many posts already about this, Annie. The game only autosaves at the end of a level and you can't save the progress yourself.

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on May 31, 10 8:08 AM
I'm another member whose computer froze on the opening screen. I had music playing, just frozen screen. Tried twice and had to use task manager both times to exit this game. I deleted the demo.

I am at the stage that I don't try updates to my computer. If a game doesn't work, it gets deleted and I move on to another game.

Too many games, too little time.

[Post New]by imexus on May 31, 10 9:44 AM
kamari55 wrote:I get "cannot find import; DLL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version Fill "bass.dll", error 998

I get the same message....

thackrk
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post any Faded Reality technical issues here only *stalls and no sound*

[Post New]by thackrk on May 31, 10 5:30 PM
had same issue with no sound and then stalls right after car keys....uninstalled and reinstalled using mozilla..(have this issue often and not sure why) when I re-installed on mozilla download all was perfect. Not sure if that will be a help to anyone, but it has worked for 3 games for me where I had gameplay issues at first install.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Jun 1, 10 8:22 AM
Thanks _DD!

I will check the link you provide as no one else uses my computer and I am sure I didn't Beta test this one.

Go to: