Kezzi
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Cannot finish the game

[Post New]by Kezzi on May 30, 10 11:11 AM
I have the last step to do for the palace before completing the game, Analyzing. Problem is, it requires 4 Analysts at level 5. As I only finished discovering the last of the grant items just prior to this, I dont have enough level 5 Analysts. There is nothing left to analyze, so no way to increase their skill. I have 3 with over level 5, and 2 with level 4 and theres nothing i can do about it. Very sad indeed. I'm not prepared to replay this whole game just for the end scene. What a pity they did not think this may happen in the game and create some source for you to develop your characters further if you get stuck like this. So just a warning for you all playing the game, make sure that by the time you find the palace, you have 4 of each (except cooking) at level 5.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Cannot finish the game

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 30, 10 5:18 PM
Have you upgraded your analysts tent to the max yet? If you do, all your analysts will gain a level. And have you hired all the analysts that have arrived? The ones that arrived later will start off at a higher level.

[Post New]by Mollie9 on May 30, 10 6:15 PM
I have the same problem, except with brushers. I'm one shy of enough to perform the last task, and I've bought every upgrade and hired every person. What a disappointment!

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 30, 10 11:54 PM
Mollie9 wrote:I have the same problem, except with brushers. I'm one shy of enough to perform the last task, and I've bought every upgrade and hired every person. What a disappointment!

Same thing here. 3 brushers, nobody to hire and everything upgraded.
Cannot find anymore artifacts either.

Looks like have to start over

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 31, 10 1:32 AM
There are many artifacts (about 100) to be found by your surveyors. Keep scanning and re-scanning areas until all parts of your mini-map have turned red. I got stuck at the last level too, thinking I couldn't find any more artifacts to complete the last puzzle, but I kept at it and found enough to just get all the people I needed at the right level.

dogzy
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by dogzy on May 31, 10 2:32 AM
yep, just keep everyone doing their jobs & it will work out.
I liked the game but was disappointed at the end. still had things needing to be brushed & analised, clicked on something that turned out to be the last thing & poof....game was at it's end.
wish you could go back in & fiddle & play around, redo puzzles etc but you can't

Kezzi
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by Kezzi on May 31, 10 5:34 AM
Decided i liked the game enough to replay it. onto my second area and and already have all types at level 5. now i dont need to worry about the end problem is, its getting tricky now getting the level 10's as i concentrated on getting 4 of each at level 5 lol hope the end scene is worth it.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 31, 10 12:53 PM
I started again too. It did not take so long to get back there now you know what to expect

[Post New]by Devi666 on Jun 2, 10 10:21 PM
Yeah, that's happening with me right now too. I need one more brusher and I can't upgrade or hire anyone else. I'm starting to get frustrated because I've put every surveyor everywhere I can on the map - they're not finding anything, the dog hasn't found anything. I'm stuck and I know there are at least 2 I can't find unless they show up later (the two remaining collections to complete on the roster). Ugh!

[Post New]by bomberella on Jun 12, 10 4:28 PM
I too had this problem, and it's not enough just to search around for all the treasure. I have all the collectibles, have upgraded everything and have hired everyone. I needed one more level 6 Analyzer and the last analyzer for hire was only level 4. It's a shame that there's no other way to achieve levels than the current tasks, or a way, in desperation to buy a level up for a character. Also, it's impossible to level up the current analyzers when the collectibles found near the end are too high a level for them to analyze. It's a lose-lose situation and due to this frustration I won't bother playing the game a second time - and wish I hadn't wasted the time to play it the first time.

I don't need a game to be simple, but I need a game to be able to be finished.

misnomer
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by misnomer on Jun 17, 10 12:37 PM
I have also run into the same type of problem. I really didn't mind restarting, but hope that I can get it right this time, so I can finish the game. I have every upgrade possible, but still didn't have anyone high enough to analyze my last few artifacts, and I have surveyed every inch of the map (the whole thing is red).

Kind of an annoying problem, maybe BFG could release an update to this game, since this issue can become game-breaking.

Jaboulka
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by Jaboulka on Jun 30, 10 10:33 AM
I am stuck at the outer palace as I miss one brusher with level 5.

I have all the artifacts, upgraded all and hired everyone.

I am not going to restart the game and I am really disappointed.

If the developers were clever enough to thing about the level limitation they should have also thought about a way out.

Apadenska
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by Apadenska on Jul 6, 10 7:35 PM
Boo Hoo! I cannot finish either. Apparently, I should NOT have hired everyone. Everything is collected and upgraded. However, I only have 3 analyzers qualified to work in the Throne Room. I do not believe that I will replay Buried in Time. Disappointing, but not too frustrating because I have so many other games to play.

Edited on 07/06/2010 at 7:36:06 PM PST

tracyestes
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tracyestes on Jul 16, 10 3:55 AM
I have the same problem with the lack of brushers. Great game, but this is a disappointment.

[Post New]by mnmodd9803 on Jul 29, 10 10:33 PM
Absolutely! I'm also stuck missing one brusher and cannot finish. :o( it is a huge disapointment that there is no way around the level limits as this is otherwise a really great game. :o(

[Post New]by Allundaria on May 5, 11 2:52 PM
super lame... wish I had read this before buying the game... have limited gaming time and am not going to play through again just for this... almost done with the game but can't finish... I'm rather pissed actually.

[Post New]by Shaderon on Jul 28, 13 1:08 PM
I've had this problems before, I restarted the game and played it differently and managed to finish. Now quite a long time later I played again, got stuck again and tried to restart, now all the items have already been found and I can't level up any of the staff, the dog doesnt find anything as it's already been found.
Looks like they've updated the game and it's caused this bug.

[Post New]by danita7 on Sep 4, 13 4:29 PM
I am having the same problem as everyone else. The map is totally red (explored) and everything upgraded and hired but not all are high enough level to complete game. Can I get my money back!?

Go to: