Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Artifacts: Golden Island here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 5, 18 12:46 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 01/05/2018 at 9:21:59 AM PST

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Lost Artifacts: Golden Island here.

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 5, 18 9:21 AM
Hello Everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Lost Artifacts: Golden Island here. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting in this thread as the moderators will be removing any content that isn’t a review.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Lost Artifacts: Golden Island.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers and keep in mind our Forum Rules. Please do not review the reviews of others. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

3) Do not review developers. If you have feedback regarding the developer, feel free to PM any of the moderators so that we can pass this along.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBeruna

pennmom36
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by pennmom36 on Jan 5, 18 11:26 AM

I actually just finished playing both versions of the demo today, back to back. I was actually shocked by the fact that the Collector's Edition version had so little to offer, for such a high price tag! There were no Collectibles, no Morphing Objects and no Strategy Guide available. The only difference between the two versions, are that with the CE version you get 5 downloadable Music Soundtracks, 10 cartoon style Concept Art pictures, 23 Trophy Achievements to earn and a handful of Bonus Chapters. Are these exciting enough extra's to warrant double the price? As for the Time Management game itself, this is just an average game, neither bad nor good, and certainly forgettable. In my opinion, a Time Management game should be exciting enough to make you want to re-play the game, at least once, perhaps in a different difficulty mode, and for me, this is more of a one and done, kind of game, than one that I'd find myself playing several times.

There are the usual tasks to perform of gathering resources of Food, Wood, Ore, Gold, Lumber, and the usual buildings to repair such as Huts for workers, Sawmills for Lumber, Farms for food, Mills or a Blacksmith barn. Some levels require that you upgrade certain buildings to a level 2 as well. You may need to build a house to accommodate a specialized person to rid the paths from certain obstructions such as a Mages house to restore statues, defenders houses to rid the path of snakes or repair a beehive so the swarming bees will return to the hive. At least in the demo, you don't get the chance to construct new buildings, you just repair them, personally, I like the strategy of figuring out which building to construct strategically to achieve the goals, similar to Rescue Team TM games.

I would recommend this game to those who haven't played a lot, if any, TM games, because this one is very easy to play. I would also recommend this game to those who want to play in an Easy mode, because this game has an Easy mode with no timer AND you still get to earn 3 stars, which is something I really don't understand, it kind of makes playing in a timed mode worthless? If you are a seasoned Time Management fan, I think you'll find this game to be a bit bland, with not a whole lot of challenge.

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Jan 5, 18 3:39 PM
Glad to see some NEW good games coming back. Thank you. bring out more!!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 6, 18 12:49 AM
Two surprises for me:

1) The CE includes 2 modes, Easy and Classic, whereas the SE does not give you that option. I have never seen a game where the CE adds a helpful "Easy" mode and omits it in the SE. That makes it a no-buy for me right there.

2) The second surprise is that the CE came out in September 2017, and it took 3 1/2 months for us to get the SE version, whereas we usually get the SE within a month after the CE release.

This game is by 8floor, and I don't expect much from a game made by them. However, I do find it cute and a relaxing game to play. I would never expect morphing objects to be part of a TM game - they usually only appear in HOGs - and as for collectables: I have seen those only once or twice in a TM game, and those were not CEs, if I remember correctly.
However, a SG should have been included in the CE. On the other hand, I think this game is so easy that no SG is needed.

Edited on 01/07/2018 at 11:12:47 AM PST

Go to: