The Inquisitor

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

The Inquisitor

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on May 31, 10 12:05 AM
Take on the role of Tobias, a young and inquisitive monk, as you search for the truth in order to save a remote village! Not only does Tobias know the supposed witch accused of bringing disaster to the village, but he was once madly in love with her. Take off into the Middle Ages and use your Hidden Object skills in The Inquisitor, a timeless journey filled with mystery and intrigue.

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

Re:The Inquisitor

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on May 31, 10 12:18 AM
I'm downloading the demo. I tried to play it by going to another site about a month ago. But it was virus-infected so i didn't get to try. I am very pleased they got it here so fast. I've been interested in this one a lot. I should mention it may have themes a few might object to.Just a wee warning.

_Angel_angel
Minnow
Minnow
284 Posts

[Post New]by _Angel_angel on May 31, 10 12:20 AM
Kind of a dark topic.

Will see where it leads

UPDATE:

I was surprised to find the story fascinating!

Though, I imagine, the majority of people will not appreciate the extensive story narrative, I was totally drawn in.

The hidden objects were decent.

They certainly don't hold your hand and walk you through this one.

You are kind of on your own to figure out what to do next and where to go.

Ok now for the big UGG!:

The spot the difference...

OMG! I knew I was in trouble when I was half way through the scene and had only found 5/15. The the whole scene and only 10/15!

Ok so my opinion... 5 differences is more than enough for any puzzle, and I could easily do without any!

No option to skip this puzzle

Hints load nicely but not THAT nicely.

Finally ended up random clicking and saw things fly away and had no idea what was different. Even with the hints, I would click around in the area indicated and still have no idea what was different! ugg!

Maybe if this comes out as a DD some day I will try it again.

Otherwise I am just going to pretend that it has a happy ending and go on from there.

Too bad cuz it looked like a winner.

Edited on 05/31/2010 at 2:06:03 AM PST

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on May 31, 10 12:28 AM
Yet another offering that doesn't want to download. I don't understand this. 2 days in a row. Normally this doesn't happen but now we have to put up with buggy/faulty stuff. I can get the same results going to a retailer.

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on May 31, 10 12:36 AM
I'm d/ling the demo now. I don't mind the subject matter, but I peeked at the walkthrough and I do mind all the Find the Difference puzzles. There will have to be a very compelling story to overcome that for me.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 31, 10 12:53 AM
Mine d/l in 5 minutes on high speed cable. No problem (so far, haven't played yet)

FTDifs, not good news if many, too hard on the eyes for me. Hope the other graphics make up for it, looks good from here but smaller on laptop and hate squinting.

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on May 31, 10 12:54 AM
All my whining aside,I have tried it. It's pretty good. Call me a sissy but some of this stuff is really hidden but that's good.They blend things with the rooms and scenery very well. It is more than just hidden object searches,i like that.I saw it mentioned that there were a lot of 'find the differences' puzzles. That is a bad point to me but i don't want a game souley catered to me,that's silly.I am gonna give this more time and possibly buy it.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 31, 10 12:57 AM
After 4 minutes the game was mine...

Adventure HOG, very good resolution, not so many junk piles, and easy on my old eyes. Quite a lot back and forth play, intriguing plot.

Is it a prolog to Salem's Witches? (waiting desperately for it)

tedderpic
Flounder
Flounder
2,029 Posts

[Post New]by tedderpic on May 31, 10 1:01 AM
Mine D /Ldg too...... I dont mine the as I play with sound off anyway and skip story line

niya00
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by niya00 on May 31, 10 1:02 AM
Welp, computer less than a week old, downloaded very fast but when i click on an object in the list I get nothing. Click a few more times and I get the old swilrly thingie because i am clicking too much on the wrong thing. I give up. Sadly since others are already saying its a good one. (I started running on firefox just for BF and haven't had any problems til now). Rats, enjoy guys, I'm green with envy!

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

[Post New]by Imberis on May 31, 10 1:12 AM
Yikes! This one looked good, but I am not liking it. The graphics are very dark and somewhat grainy, even in outdoor scenes. I get that the game is supposed to be somewhat dark and gloomy, but many other games give that vibe without sacrificing the quality of the graphics. Hidden objects weren't very hard to find, because they sort of stick out. The cut-scenes take FOREVER to get through. I really want to know the story, but I also don't want to sit there for five minutes to get through just one part of the story. You can skip them, but it skips that entire cut-scene, so then you miss part of the story. I wish you could just "fast-forward" a little. The "adventure" part of the game looks promising, but I don't want to deal with the dark scenes.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 31, 10 1:24 AM
Not for me. I quit after 30 min. It does have very nice graphics. Many objects are too small and get lost in the detailed scenes. When I got in the tower, it was the same identical scene I had just played in the house with the woman added. Even the objects were the same as the previous scene and in the same locations (different list). When I finished that and went back to the house, there was the same scene a third time with the woman in it. Who moved her from the tower to the house? I tried another location and found the Spot the Diffs which did it for me. I could barely find list items in the HOG scenes. there is no way I am going to Spot the Diffs.

I also found this to have a bit too much narrative. In the 30 min. I played, there must have been at least 5 min. of narrative, maybe more. When i found the book, I thought the narrative would be much less because the book contained the info but it just kept coming. There are other things I'd rather read.

Some will enjoy this and some, like me will not. Sorry but this is a pass for me leaving me with an unused coupon. I will check out some of the older games.

ajwiggin
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by ajwiggin on May 31, 10 1:30 AM
I found this game to be very boring.....not for me.

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on May 31, 10 1:31 AM
niya00 wrote:Welp, computer less than a week old, downloaded very fast but when i click on an object in the list I get nothing. Click a few more times and I get the old swilrly thingie because i am clicking too much on the wrong thing. I give up. Sadly since others are already saying its a good one. (I started running on firefox just for BF and haven't had any problems til now). Rats, enjoy guys, I'm green with e

nvy!

First,Firefox is not the greatest browser on Earth.It's kind of equal to IE. So don't worry about that part. Try Google Chrome and see how that goes.
Second,it's not the greatest thing on the planet.It's okay.The screens are pretty dark.I use a magnifying glass for the stuck parts and still have trouble.So,in all honesty,Big Fish has so much more here to test-drive.I know,I demo everything I can.If you don't mind might I suggest The Otherside the Realm of Eons? The graphics actually have some nice color and a story to boot.Plus,it's fun.I demoed it and got it last night.It's worth it to me.

jerimeri
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jerimeri on May 31, 10 1:44 AM
Only played about 20 minutes of the Trial. I didn't like anything about this game. It seemed to be cheaply done and rushed. The hidden objects were a joke for the most part. I just found the whole game to be way below Big Fish's standards. I wouldn't even pay $2.99 for this one.

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 31, 10 1:50 AM
I played this game with a couple of minutes left in the demo, I thought it had okay graphics, if the scences weren't so dark. I was able to find the objects quickly, not to much of a challenge. To those fishies that have problems with the smaller objects, this game has them as well. I believe there will be some fishies that will be pleased with this game as for me, I didn't care for it too much. To you all that are enjoying it as always....Happy Gaming

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on May 31, 10 1:53 AM
This game has been out for quite a while at other sites. I did the demo elsewhere and really liked the game. Don't know why it took so long to come here. I do think it will end up on the sale games at the other site soon, so I will either wait, or use a free credit for it. It's put out by HDO, and their games are very good, but very short. I think this one is no exception.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on May 31, 10 2:05 AM
Hey Terry,
I played almost all the demo and did enjoy it to a certain extent. I found the graphics nice and clear but on the dark side. The music was not bad but I did have it turned down low. The biggest complaint for me was the story dialog was so slow. I do not read that fast, but this was way too slow for me and I found myself skipping through it. Would have liked to have been able to click and make it go faster.

There is no timer which for me is a plus and the hint button recovers quickly. Several items were rather small or should I say slim. i.e. the necklace above the bed. I used a hint to find it, but it is such a thin line, I had to click on it 3-4 times to capture it.

I am buying it using the holiday sale and I need another game to fill out my card for the month

Pat

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on May 31, 10 2:30 AM
Hi patnsky Happy Gaming!!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on May 31, 10 2:41 AM
I could keep this on hold until I can afford a humongous monitor. Just bought a new laptop bright screen but could barely see half the stuff. Half were easy, in my face, the other half even the Hint couldn't seem to see. I clicked 3,4,5 times with the twirlly cursor and still didn't see them when it hit.

My laptop must be super fast, the dialogue flew by so fast I missed parts of the lines and story. I'm not a speed reader but I love my speedy laptop. Found most in the book later. I kept going back to the same room and more new items to find but others same as before. Never saw a hairpin but random clicked on something else I wouldn't call any hairpin I ever knew but it worked to unlock a door. Kinda hurt thinking of pinning my hair to my head with that!

I can't call grey, beige, brown and black my favorite colors, not only dismal but boring challenge, music was putting me to sleep, should have muted it instead of waiting for more hints or twirly to stop. There was green in the other scene but just took me back to where I was in Chapter 2.

Would like to know how the story ends, who was a witch and all but the find the diffs with the black and white stone walls did me under. Twirly found a few but still only 9 of 15? Now that I see the walkthrough, not very long but could take someone 5 hours without using hints.

Hoped this would break my tie as to what will be my 12th punch decision. But no, on a laptop (altho the graphics were crisp overall, just not on detail) I wouldn't take it if it were free, just too dismal. I want to find the objects, not be shown where they may be if I click enough times. I really don't like writing so negative but hope I covered the whys it is a bummer for me

Go to: