vjones
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

The Book

[Post New]by vjones on May 31, 10 2:15 PM
I have read a few posts where people mentioned buying the book. Where did you find it at? I checked Amazon, but seems to be out of print with only a few used avaliable for 20.00.

Thanks

The Book

[Post New]by passionfruitgms on May 31, 10 4:26 PM
vjones wrote:I have read a few posts where people mentioned buying the book. Where did you find it at? I checked Amazon, but seems to be out of print with only a few used avaliable for 20.00.

Thanks

Hi vjones - Marjorie Liu has recently switched publishers (she will soon be with Harper Collins) and they're in the process of reprinting all her titles - so it's actually a really difficult time to find her books, especially Tiger Eye! I did notice that Borders, Barnes & Noble, and Books A Million has used copies for much less than $20, though. Hope that helps!

-melissa, passionfruit games

Re:The Book

[Post New]by passionfruitgms on Jun 8, 10 4:39 PM
Thought you'd like to know that Tiger Eye the book, and the other books in the same series, were released today as e-books (including for the Kindle) - so they should be much easier to find now.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Sep 17, 10 3:23 AM
Also, try eBay. I am now a bona fide Marjorie M Liu addict and have all her books. Mostly bought from that source. Especially love the Hunter Kiss books. Sorry, don't mean to advertise! Just happy LOL

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Oct 8, 10 10:24 AM
I bought Liu's book, Tiger Eye, because of the game and have loved it so much, I've probably read it a dozen times or more. I've purchased other novels from the Dirk and Steele series and haven't been nearly as happy with them. My biggest problem with them has been the amount of violence in them. She managed to balance the horrors Hari had seen in his life with the healing qualities of Dela, but I don't find anything close to that balance in the other books. Personally, I'm interested in drama and romance, not how much pain someone can endure and still find themselves again.

But the book, like the game, is a definite read.

[Post New]by harleybeatles55 on Jul 3, 11 12:12 PM
I got the book from my local library last week. They had to borrow it from another suburban library, but it was definitely worth the wait ( about a week)! I'm by no means a prude, but the last part of the book would be x-rated! I LOVED it! She put in a lot of details! I want a dude like Hari!

Excuse me; I've got to go smoke a cigarette just thinking about it!

Go to: