Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Medium Detective: Fright from the Past Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Jan 6, 18 12:40 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 01/06/2018 at 9:27:56 AM PST

briteyz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Medium Detective: Fright from the Past Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by briteyz on Jan 6, 18 7:45 AM
The game shuts down after the opening scene.I'm using Windows 10. Everything is up to date.It just gives me an access violation code and shuts dowh.

Penguin29
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Medium Detective: Fright from the Past Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Penguin29 on Jan 6, 18 7:51 AM
Me too... Windows 10 (just updated my computer). I get access violation code and game shuts down. NO other games have done this to me. ????
I just finished reading/trying all the troubleshooting tips on the "help" page. made sure I had updated version of DirectX, running as admin and changed/updated compatibility. I uninstalled/reinstalled game and restarted my computer.
Well... did not work. Game still won't play and I still get the error. I'm uninstalling game and giving up now.

Edited on 01/06/2018 at 8:50:50 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Medium Detective: Fright from the Past Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by luvshelties on Jan 6, 18 9:22 AM
Right after the opening scene, the game shuts down with an Access Violation code. I have Windows 10 and have completed each step suggested to fix the problem, with no change. Since I purchased the game, will keep trying to find a solution. Very frustrating!

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 6, 18 9:27 AM
Hello Everyone!

If you're having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend visiting Big Fish Games Help as they are always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested help articles that have helped many people correct this type of problem in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility
Run Game as Administrator

If you are not able to get a game working properly using Big Fish Games Help, please get in touch with Customer Support Team. It would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBeruna

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Medium Detective: Fright from the Past Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 6, 18 9:31 AM
Hello Everyone,

I'm sorry that this game has crashed and received an access violation. I definitely understand how that's frustrating and will absolutely help troubleshoot this issue.

Although it sounds like these steps have already been followed, just in case, I'd recommend taking a look at the help articles below for instructions about how to update the computer's video card driver and for how to run a game with administrator permissions.

If those suggestions haven't worked, please contact our Technical Support Team. Should new questions arise, you're also welcome to PM me or another moderator. We'll be happy to provide answers.

bfgBeruna

Edited on 01/06/2018 at 12:02:46 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Medium Detective: Fright from the Past Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by nnlen9 on Jan 6, 18 10:11 AM
I'm having the same problem with game giving access code violation as soon as the game loads. I have tried all the trouble shooting suggestions including updating video card and running as administrator. Considering this is the new game of the day and I'm the third person reporting this problem, I think the issue is with the game not our computers. Please fix.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 6, 18 12:06 PM
Hello nnlen9,

I'm so sorry the troubleshooting steps I suggested didn't work. Thank you for taking the time to try them. I will absolutely pass along the feedback about the errors this game experiences to the appropriate teams, and I also want to thank you for your patience.

We rigorously test our games before releasing them, but sometimes unforeseen errors occur after a title has been published. When this happens, the Moderation Team offers basic troubleshooting steps that have helped other players experiencing similar glitches in the past. Our goal when making these suggestions is to figure out a way to improve how the game runs, and I sincerely apologize if the implication was that there's something wrong with players' computers.

For the time being, please contact our Customer Support Team for a replacement game. If any new questions arise, you're also welcome to PM me (or another moderator). We're always here to lend a hand.

bfgBeruna

godfreygirl
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by godfreygirl on Jan 6, 18 1:25 PM
My game does the same thing....it only happens when I am in a HO puzzle but I do NOT get any kind of code. I just shuts down my computer to restart.

I even tried to not use a custom cursor. That didn't help.

I'm now in the extra game and from the beginning game to this one my computer has been restarted FIVE times. It's frustrating because I really like the game.

bfgBeruna
2,525 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBeruna on Jan 6, 18 2:15 PM
Hello godfreygirl,

I can absolutely appreciate how frustrating it would be to restart a game five times. I'm so sorry this issue has been occurring and will do my best to help fix it.

When a game repeatedly crashes, the first step I recommend is to check whether the computer's video card driver is up to date. Ensuring other software updates have been recently completed also helps. The page below contains several troubleshooting suggestions to fix whatever's causing a game to crash.

Running a game as an administrator also helps as it gives the game more permissions on a computer. This improves how smoothly the game operates. The help page below will guide you through the process.

If these suggestions don't address the issue, then please write to our Technical Support Team for further assistance. Thank you for your patience. You're always welcome to PM me or another member of the Moderation Team if further questions arise, too.

bfgBeruna

dcanfi1955
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by dcanfi1955 on Jan 6, 18 6:10 PM
Same here. Access Violation code. Why is it every time you are enjoying a good game, something like this happens. The people who wrote this game should have tested it themselves before putting it out for purchase. Now we will have to wait at leave 3 to 4 days for a fix. This is getting frustrating.

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Jan 6, 18 9:52 PM
mine is slow moving.jerky

WhiteladiesRd
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by WhiteladiesRd on Jan 7, 18 2:23 AM
Game doesn't open on Mac Yosemite, iOS 10.10.5.
No reaction, no error code, nothing.

Juddang
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by Juddang on Jan 7, 18 5:33 AM
I saw on another game site that you have to have 64 bit to play this.

[Post New]by william1984 on Jan 7, 18 10:07 AM
I can't get the eye key in the bonus section to work.....another game I cannot finish....getting so frustrated with bfg.

nyknight55
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by nyknight55 on Jan 7, 18 10:53 AM
Will not play in real Full Screen Mode even though full screen in checked when full screen is not checked the is does show up in a window but no way I am playing it that way on a Mac Sierra 10.12.6 too bad looks like a good game

bfgArinelle
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArinelle on Jan 7, 18 2:35 PM
Hi Everyone,

It sounds like there's been trouble getting the game to open up, as well as difficulty with the game not coming up in full-screen mode. There has also been a progression issue with one of the keys. Let's see what troubleshooting can do to get things working better.

For progression issues as well as difficulty getting a game to open, the best places to start are running the game as an Administrator and checking for video card driver updates, since these two things help make sure the game and computer get along as well as possible. Steps for these options can be found here:

Video Driver Updates

For display issues, we can try a couple of different things. It's possible that the game wants to be at a particular resolution in order for both full-screen and windowed mode to work as they should. It may also help to update key pieces of software for Mac devices, since that software helps control how Mac games look and act. Please see the following links for more information:

Screen Resolution
Mac Game Troubleshooting

Should the issues persist after trying these steps, please send a message to our Technical Support Team, as they can help us collect information helpful for passing along reports of issues our players have experienced. You may also PM me or another Moderator with any lingering questions. We;'ll do our best to assist.

bfgArinelle

[Post New]by whimzzee on Jan 8, 18 5:57 AM
Mac OS 10.12.6
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB

Game loads and plays fine. Trouble comes with Full Screen mode ... the horizontal is narrow giving an annoying squashed appearance. Window mode displays correctly but too small for me to use with ease. I've tried multiple display "fixes" to no avail.

[Post New]by LadyAurora on Jan 8, 18 9:51 AM
Running Windows 10 64 bit, run installation of game as Administrator, run Big Fish Games Client as Administrator, run game from exe as Administrator, run in Windows XP Compatibility Mode and Administrator, video drivers were checked prior to downloading the game and are up to date. I have 32 GB RAM, 8 GB VRAM. Windows 10 automatically updates whether you want it to or not, and I still get an access violation whenever I a) try to change Options or b) select to play the main game. I've uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problem.

If it is supposed to be run at a certain resolution, perhaps putting that information on the download page would be helpful?

Granted I am trying the demo and not the game itself, but I'm unlikely to purchase the game if I can't get the demo to work.

[Post New]by luvshelties on Jan 8, 18 12:20 PM
luvshelties wrote:Right after the opening scene, the game shuts down with an Access Violation code. I have Windows 10 and have completed each step suggested to fix the problem, with no change. Since I purchased the game, will keep trying to find a solution. Very frustrating!

UPDATE:
I have tried ALL the suggestions and then some. Figures the ONE time I buy a game without playing the demo first, I have problems. Very frustrating. WHat do I do now? Request a refund?

Go to: