Holiday wands ??!!??!!

[Post New]by Gr3asyHalfling on Jan 6, 18 6:00 AM
Can anyone help me with this question that I am saying to all of you ? Now since the CE started I have been trying to collect the Holiday wands, and I am doing ok.. and I do know I can talk to the children and get some there as well.. No problem, but my beef, if you will is this ?? Why, oh why, when I click on a morphing snowflake or like this morning, I looked at the "airship" to see how I am doing with that, and it clicks on a holiday wand, when I did not "order" it ?? Over this event, I must have lost around 25-30 holiday wands so far and I am finding that I will wait now until the floating items go off the page before I click on the morphing snowflakes, has anyone else come across this, or am I just the unlucky one ? Yeesh !

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

Re:Holiday wands ??!!??!!

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 6, 18 6:40 AM
I am afraid the sudden re appearance of a globe or Xmas item is unpredictable and I suffer this practically every day, no matter how careful that I am.
I agree with you that I do not want anything other than snowflakes but c'est la vie!
Currently it is happening to me at the rate of 1 in 20 zaps

bella_01
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,674 Posts

[Post New]by bella_01 on Jan 6, 18 6:47 AM
This happens to me. Mostly when the morphing snow flake is near the top or bottom of the screen & I try to click it. I say the same thing. I didn't click one the holiday items example red ball or snowman. Now I try to wait until the holiday item or ball passes, then I click on the morphing snow flake. I try too never click right away one the snowflake now. You would think I would have learned this by now.

[Post New]by walkingstar on Jan 6, 18 7:55 AM
This has happened a lot this WE..Many are just entering a new scene and no flake visible. I lost 4 wands in the stocking hunt! Since wands are in short supply [for me] I thank all my friends who have given them. Q

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Jan 6, 18 8:21 AM
This has been a real problem with the globes in the Winter Event...... it is true that you sometimes end up getting one when you click on a snowflake that is at the top, bottom or side ..... but, I have also had it happen when I'm trying for a snowflake that is about 1/3 into the page!

And is is ALWAYS the globe....... it doesn't happen at all with the tree, stocking, or snowman (at least, it doesn't with me)

skell169
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by skell169 on Jan 6, 18 9:29 AM
This has happened to me so many times that I am so fed up I have all but given up on clicking on what appears to be a snowflake that morph's into a globe bubble that was completely invisible then I get yet another un-needed globe it is happening in my I Pad game as well and in that game each lost holiday wand is so precious because I have so few!!!!! I am utterly fed up as well with needing two Christmas trees and two stockings that no where to be found !!!!!! Rona.
I truly hope all players in the castle have a wonderful New Year

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 6, 18 9:33 AM
I have had globes materialize in the middle of the screen........just as I click on a snowflake!! ARGH!!

Desertdruid
Manatee
Manatee
4,356 Posts

[Post New]by Desertdruid on Jan 6, 18 9:51 AM
Yep, me 2, & always the globes, not the stocking or trees I still need.

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Jan 6, 18 9:55 AM
I try to "run out" of wands, so when I accidentally click on a morph I have the choice of buying a wand or not. It also helps keep me from buying more globes than I want for a particular DQ. Not perfect solution, but it does help.

jack7242
Clownfish
Clownfish
721 Posts

[Post New]by jack7242 on Jan 6, 18 12:17 PM
What makes it more annoying is when you've used a wand on an item you have tons of, not something you need!

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Jan 6, 18 1:42 PM
I find it helpful if I wait to collect the last morphing object until AFTER the floating item appears - especially if there is a lag between the first 2 morphing objects and the third. By waiting until the "floater" appears, you can avoid clicking on it. I usually get two morphing items then wait if the third one does not show up right away. Have managed to avoid using up a want except for twice using this method.

I posted about this last year and found it very frustrating. It is especially annoying when you are reserving your wands for the CE tasks or trying to fill out the album for snowmen / trees / stockings and you get a globe you don't need.

I agree with most everyone else that it mostly happens when I am near the bottom of the screen.

Go to: