Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

New Suggestion for Devs.....Champion Cat!

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Jan 6, 18 6:54 PM
Since the tournament has been discontinued, would you please, please consider adding a Champion Cat egg as a new pet we can craft in order to get it? So many of us love that cat and there are so many new players too who ask about how and where to "get" that cat.

We LOVE Champion Cat and would appreciate some way to be able to earn or get it.

Thank you for considering this request!

Re:New Suggestion for Devs.....Champion Cat!

[Post New]by Amethyst2066 on Jan 6, 18 7:49 PM
This is a request that I second. Thanks for making it sharp_eye.

Sharp_Eye574363
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,845 Posts

[Post New]by Sharp_Eye574363 on Jan 6, 18 8:39 PM
Actually, I'm sure it's probably not the first time it has been raised but it is worth repeating!

dfkdkfl_1960
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by dfkdkfl_1960 on Jan 6, 18 9:30 PM
I'd like to back tournaments would have been something to do besides puzzles

Howdah
Herring
Herring
363 Posts

[Post New]by Howdah on Jan 6, 18 9:35 PM
I will add my voice to this request. I promise to take good care of Champion and feed him regularly.

Shawkn
Clownfish
Clownfish
754 Posts

[Post New]by Shawkn on Jan 6, 18 9:54 PM
As the Official Crazy Neighborhood Cat Lady where I live, I would love to have Champion Cat to hang out with.

I have 3 rescued cats at home, one cat who moved in with us when he was abandoned by a neighbor and I am also fostering a co-worker's cat for about a year.

When you already have 5, what's one more?! Champion? Where are you???

Just to give equal time, I also have a rescued German Shepherd who treats the cats like a funny looking litter of pups. LOL!

Edited on 01/06/2018 at 9:54:59 PM PST

Katijay
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by Katijay on Jan 6, 18 10:05 PM
I don't know that I have actually seen this cat!....but being a cat lover....and having lost my Cat of 17 years this last summer, it would be nice to have a special cat to commemorate him....he was born in my headboard so I had him since he was born....So yes I would also like to see Champion made available in some way....

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 6, 18 10:20 PM
Two things about the cat, and why I never put him on display... First, he's huge, and in the Ice Rock, that morphing object is often right next to the animal's head... PLUS, he eats 20 bags of unique food, if you click on him by accident.. EEK...

AnnaDownes01
Flounder
Flounder
2,175 Posts

[Post New]by AnnaDownes01 on Jan 7, 18 12:15 AM
I don't have the Champion Cat and would love to have him, I think that if he is brought back as a pet, it would be a slap for those who won him in the tournament. He was not an easy pet to win, so many people worked so hard to do so, so it should be just as difficult for anyone else to win. Just my two cents worth. I know many people will not agree with me, and will want to jump down my throat. That is their right to disagree.

alliebdive
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by alliebdive on Jan 7, 18 3:02 AM
I would love the cat too! I was 1 off when the tournament was discontinued permanently so pretty gutted not to have a chance to own him! Either an egg, or as an option at the end of a CC or WHATEVER!! Even, available as a super-devilish option with the psychopathic little boy on the puzzles would be something.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Jan 7, 18 9:26 AM
Gohill put 2 things about the cat..........here is a 3rd.........hasn't brought anything good for me ONCE!!

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 7, 18 9:33 AM
sbaker2318 wrote:Gohill put 2 things about the cat..........here is a 3rd.........hasn't brought anything good for me ONCE!!

when Robyn first won her's, she fed it and it brought back 2,000 coins... I still refused to ever feed mine... nope, too many other pets that eat far less food that will do the exact same thing... ( I do not feel guilty about not feeding him, he's still HUGE, he's not suffering... )

Emmzy500
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by Emmzy500 on Jan 7, 18 9:51 AM
I THINK I have seen, this, is it the tiger one with the gold medal around it's neck? If so I would love to get this! The only pets I am currently missing then I think are that one and the spring event ones since I did not play the game back then so am excited to get them when the next spring event comes! I am missing many past CC avatars too I wont be able to get since I missed 24 haha!

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 7, 18 10:03 AM
Emmzy500... that's the one...

I never agreed how that cat could be won... it pitted players AGAINST each other... so did the tournaments - the drama it caused on this forum made it unpleasant to be here.... Once I won the cat, I was done with them.... all the drama involving the tournaments and that was before the tournament achievements, once the devs added that achievement... oh, my word, get me OUT of here...

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jan 7, 18 10:31 AM
I don't have the Cat because I just didn't like playing the tournies. For some reason, they just made me too nervous. Don't like competing anyway, but the wheel seemed to have the odds of a lottery. No thank you.

I understand many want the Cat, but I also understand those that won him by steadfastly playing the tournies feel they earned him the hard way so making him available by other means wouldn't be fair.

How about if they changed the collar of the Champion Cat? Some subtle change that would allow tournie winners to retain their unique championship while allowing other players to get the Cat?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Jan 7, 18 10:33 AM
I previously suggested this in the Suggestions for the developers thread:

As a replacement for the tournament achievement:

win all the prizes available guessing the correct hand (Jigsaw puzzles)

Rewards would be the same as the tournaments (progress previously made on the tournaments would be transferred over)

Requirement would be EXACTLY the same as the tournaments were (so to get that orange cat, a player who had never played the tournaments would need to win all the prizes 10 times)

So:

1. Hero (avatar) - win all the prizes 1 time
2. Heroine (avatar) - win all the prizes 3 times
3. Champion (pet) - win all the prizes 10 times

ETA: I already have the cat, so obviously I have no problem with players getting the cat and avatars through a new, challenging achievement. Perhaps the avatars and cat could have a subtle difference so that it would be able to tell how they were earned.

Edited on 01/07/2018 at 10:39:37 AM PST

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jan 7, 18 10:41 AM
I used to have the cat in my old account (which is now lost)
I fed him once and had no intention to ever feed him again, since it was like 20 blue food or something like that? Something ridiculously expensive. And he didn't even give a gold chest lol
He was so cute though, yep, I loved him and would love to be able to get him again
In my new game there's no sign of it ever existing LOL
What ever happened to the tournaments though?

Astra02
Clownfish
Clownfish
525 Posts

[Post New]by Astra02 on Jan 7, 18 10:56 AM
All,

I think TiramaSue's solution is excellent. Winning all three prizes in a row in a puzzle is probably the closest equivalent to the tournaments in the current game. It requires both good luck and persistence, just like the tournaments. However, it's a lot more inclusive with regards to player health and disability, and doesn't require us to be in competition with each other, or to be at the computer at certain times.

Another possible alternative would be putting a (reasonable) time limit on the puzzles, or making a special large puzzle with a time limit. Finish the puzzle in the time limit a certain number of times, and win the Hero, Heroine and Champion. Diamonds can be offered once you've won all three prizes, just like the tournaments. It would even bring back a bit of skill-play, but a careful choice of time limit would still keep it inclusive for most players.

For those of you who weren't here, the arguments about the tournaments were epic to say the least. Accusations of cheating, complaints about glitching, complaints about accessibility, complaints about the tournament times, complaints about the complaints, arguments about whether people should stop playing once they won Champion in order to reduce the competition for those who hadn't. The fight even extended across platforms, as people argued the fairness difference between PC, iPad and Android in terms of mouse clicking vs. tapping and size of the participant pools (PC has more players and therefore more competition). I don't think anyone wants any of that back.

Astra

Edited on 01/07/2018 at 1:31:16 PM PST

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Jan 7, 18 11:16 AM
TiramaSue wrote:I previously suggested this in the Suggestions for the developers thread:

As a replacement for the tournament achievement:

win all the prizes available guessing the correct hand (Jigsaw puzzles)

Rewards would be the same as the tournaments (progress previously made on the tournaments would be transferred over)

Requirement would be EXACTLY the same as the tournaments were (so to get that orange cat, a player who had never played the tournaments would need to win all the prizes 10 times)

So:

1. Hero (avatar) - win all the prizes 1 time
2. Heroine (avatar) - win all the prizes 3 times
3. Champion (pet) - win all the prizes 10 times

ETA: I already have the cat, so obviously I have no problem with players getting the cat and avatars through a new, challenging achievement. Perhaps the avatars and cat could have a subtle difference so that it would be able to tell how they were earned.

I DO like this idea!!!!! though, they may want to change something about the avatars, like hair color, to distinguish between the ones won on the tournaments and the ones won by playing the puzzles... or not...

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Jan 7, 18 11:20 AM
I agree with TiramaSue (and others) that there should be some way to win the Champion Cat for those that want it. However, I do remember some players who had won the Cat were upset by the idea that others could win it more easily than they did by winning the tournies.

The suggestion I made in my previous post was to make some change to the Cat (by whatever new means developed to win it) so that those who wanted it would be satisfied and those that won it by playing the tournies would be satisfied.

And, yes, as Astra said, the forum was filled with venom surrounding the tournaments. Don't ever want to see that again.

Go to: