bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 1, 10 12:05 AM
Travel From Lapland to Madagascar in this fun Adventure game! Help a historian working for the British Museum, Professor Samuel Hunt, learn the rules of a long-forgotten board game and remove the spell of the families who have been forced to guard the ancient game. Dive into a mystery and get lost in the immersive atmosphere. Travel across the globe in AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar and uncover ancient mysteries!

Fykomfei
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

Re:AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar

[Post New]by Fykomfei on Jun 1, 10 12:32 AM
I hav ejust loaded the trial. I have reached the railway station in Lapland, and gone over to the water filling tower - but can't move anywhere from here. Help me!

[Post New]by DeSangre on Jun 1, 10 12:40 AM
I need info about this game.

The AGON adventure series is made up of several chapters.

How many, and which, chapters are included in this release? thanks

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on Jun 1, 10 12:49 AM
Remember that you can move through 360 degrees by moving the small cursor; turn round, go back to the station and go through the door - then you are on your own. You might also try the 'easy' option. The game is a bit reminiscent of Syberia, but the tasks seem to be more involved and you need to keep your own notes it seems, which might be a bit of a chore.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jun 1, 10 1:02 AM
Fykomfe and DeSangre, ck your PMs

I just pulled out the box and have all three. I think this is 2&3. There's aldo a 4. What I sent you is WT for 1-3. Nice walkthroughs.

Edited on 06/01/2010 at 1:14:34 AM PST

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Jun 1, 10 1:25 AM
I played about half way through the demo. In ‘Options’ you can change the speed in which you look around. Since I tend to get dizzy, I changed it to Slow. Good move on my part as it was just the right speed. You also have the option of difficulty. I am usually not very good at Adventures so I changed it to Easy.
The graphics are wonderful and the music was ok, I tend to turn the music down in a game so what I heard was nice. There is no option to change the cursor but that is ok as I had no problems. It took me a while to figure out how to get out of a magnified scene. Sometimes it was hard to see the larger ‘back’ cursor as it only appeared at the very bottom of the window and was dark. It also took me a while to figure out that to change my direction. I had to press and hold the left button on the mouse, then move the cursor in the direction I wanted to go. I did not get very far in the game before being stuck and leaving. I truly think this is a game that needs a walkthrough. There is a Strategy Guide available, but it is 6.99.

I have no idea how long the game is, but I do know there are 12 locations that have to be visited. In my 35 minutes, I only got to my first destination and into the Railroad Ticket Masters office and room, which is not very far.

I know there are those who will love this game, but I just do not have the patience for them. I will say if there was a walkthrough I would consider buying just for the wonderful graphics.

Pat

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jun 1, 10 1:41 AM
Wow! This just reminds me that Private Moon never did finish the Agon story.
I remember buying these online and thinking how expensive they were! I think this was before I found Big Fish.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jun 1, 10 1:45 AM
I bought the boxed set, 1-3, on sale at a electronics store for $10

AeronAoife
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by AeronAoife on Jun 1, 10 1:58 AM
I got to the map, read all the letters and can't get any further. There are no indications what to do next, clicking on the map point in Lapland doesn't do anything either.

How do I continue?

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Jun 1, 10 2:09 AM
AeronAoife, ck your PMs

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Jun 1, 10 2:25 AM
I thought this game had excellent graphics and great music, though I had a little problems getting used to the cursor. I found myself getting stuck, quite a few times. I have to admit it was a nice game, I know many fishies may appreciate this game as for me, I was a little annoyed. I didn't noticed a walktrough as patnsky mentioned. For those fishies that are having a great time....enjoy and as always, Happy Gaming!! Take Care, Terry

Moon38
Clownfish
Clownfish
533 Posts

[Post New]by Moon38 on Jun 1, 10 2:30 AM
Still hard to negotiate through. Didn't like the first one and I don't like this one either. Im just glad I didn't waste any money on it this time.

[Post New]by auntyh on Jun 1, 10 5:12 AM
I have downloaded the trial and spent 35mins trying to get into the office - the cursor won't turn around won't do anything but go to the water tower - help

soblessed57
Manatee
Manatee
3,780 Posts

[Post New]by soblessed57 on Jun 1, 10 6:50 AM
There are some excellent tips in this thread,and I thank you all for sharing those. I will continue to monitor the threads for this game,as it sounds beautiful and interesting.

Happy Gaming!

sittich
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by sittich on Jun 1, 10 6:52 AM
Aunthy:
I have pressed both mouse-buttons at same time, than the cursor changes and I can walk around

Edited on 06/01/2010 at 6:53:14 AM PST

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 1, 10 7:28 AM
I'm in the train station where the guy is past our on the bed and I've found the telegraph machine with the strip still in it, what do I do with it? I can slide the paper at the top across with my hand but it's just lines and dots. Am I supposed to type something? Help Please

[Post New]by litllulu on Jun 1, 10 7:59 AM
this is confusing and I will not be buying this game

dabadgy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by dabadgy on Jun 1, 10 8:19 AM
Sorry, but I am stuck at the water tower too and can't get ANYWHERE. No larger arrow ever appears, I try clicking both mouse buttons with no results...and what do I do with the newspaper or the 'stone' that are in my inventory? I am very confused.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jun 1, 10 8:33 AM
dabadgy, go back into the house and go by the stove, on your left thee is wood, pick one up and open the stove and put the wood into the stove and the newspaper, then light them with the matches from your inventory. Have you found the valve on top of the water tower yet? Also there is a valve on the outside of the house, I don't know what it's for yet. There are also 3 plates on the wall in the house with a stool unser them, you can move the stool over both ways and look at all 3 plates. The fall left one you can turn left or right. I don't know what they're for yet. I also can't open the back door.I hope this helps. I'm pretty sure we don't do all that much outside on the train tracks yet.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jun 1, 10 8:37 AM
There are hints for London Scene and Lapland to Madagascar episodes at the Universal Hint place. Google for it or PM me for the link.

I prefer 1st person adventures like this, but found London Scene kind of uninteresting. I will try this one and see if I like it better.

Go to: