bfgFlounder
Moderator
Moderator
12,864 Posts

Welcome to AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 1, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

 
GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Is it possible to rate in negative numbers?

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Jun 2, 10 7:51 PM
After a lengthy download, I started the "game"...the problem being that after 15 minutes, there hadn't been anything even close to a "game" which would imply something fun. Long...A*G*O*N*I*Z*I*N*G*L*Y long video set up, then, Hey! Guess what!! Lots of LONG boring letters to plow through, that was as far as I got...the animation was creepy to say the very least, and you really are going to have to do SOMETHING intriguing in the first, oh, I dunno, half hour of an hour-long trial to get me to play. I looked at the boring post cards and letters, clicked around, never found anything that did anything, but was already bored to tears. Deleting....and I am giving it negative 5 stars, for wasting my time, and NOT in a fun way.

 

Re:Welcome to AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar forum

[Post New]by pignutty on Jun 7, 10 7:20 PM
Hi - I need a walkthrough for the forest and those damn lemurs! I only have one lousy speaker and it's almost impossible to differentiate between the loudest lemur and the next-loudest. I have a walkthrough - but need a detailed one for that part.
Any help out there? I'm totally stuck.

 

Re:Welcome to AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar forum

[Post New]by teribul on Jun 8, 10 6:33 AM
Game freezes in the same place; during board game with tribal chief. Any suggestions?

 
Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Welcome to AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar forum

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 8, 10 9:01 AM
pignutty wrote:Hi - I need a walkthrough for the forest and those damn lemurs! I only have one lousy speaker and it's almost impossible to differentiate between the loudest lemur and the next-loudest. I have a walkthrough - but need a detailed one for that part.


There's a topic "following the lemur" . There are instructions for this. Of course it is the best to play this puzzle with a stereo headset (or even a mono one) as the lemur cries from left, right, or from the front. There is no map, but you should be out of the forest in 10-15 steps if you keep turning around and listening. Dont click until you hear the really loudest sound.

 
boosie1
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Welcome to AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar forum

[Post New]by boosie1 on Jun 13, 10 7:31 PM
pignutty wrote:Hi - I need a walkthrough for the forest and those damn lemurs! I only have one lousy speaker and it's almost impossible to differentiate between the loudest lemur and the next-loudest. I have a walkthrough - but need a detailed one for that part.
Any help out there? I'm totally stuck.


There isn't a walkthrough that will tell you which direction to go - it is only by sound - break down and buy some new speakers, they are really not that expensive.

 
boosie1
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

Re:Welcome to AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar forum

[Post New]by boosie1 on Jun 13, 10 7:33 PM
teribul wrote:Game freezes in the same place; during board game with tribal chief. Any suggestions?


I found that when my game froze up it was because I hadn't done something I needed to do. I suggest that you save your game right before you play the game and see if that helps.

 
ermajackson121
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Is it possible to rate in negative numbers?

[Post New]by ermajackson121 on Jun 29, 10 2:30 AM
GoddessOdd wrote:After a lengthy download, I started the "game"...the problem being that after 15 minutes, there hadn't been anything even close to a "game" which would imply something fun. Long...A*G*O*N*I*Z*I*N*G*L*Y long video set up, then, Hey! Guess what!! Lots of LONG boring letters to plow through, that was as far as I got...the animation was creepy to say the very least, and you really are going to have to do SOMETHING intriguing in the first, oh, I dunno, half hour of an hour-long trial to get me to play. I looked at the boring post cards and letters, clicked around, never found anything that did anything, but was already bored to tears. Deleting....and I am giving it negative 5 stars, for wasting my time, and NOT in a fun way.


I DO AGREE WITH YOU....OPENED UP THE GAME AND THE DIRECTIONS ARE JUST TERRIBLE.....been trying to find a walk through - forget it....it's nowhere...so I shall uninstalled the d..n thing and forget it...I don't need this headache...same with the AGON london...did not like that one either...ah! well there are plenty of games to chose from eh? bye

 

Re:Welcome to AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar forum

[Post New]by degreenlee on Jul 13, 10 6:23 PM
I couldn't get past the train station and I said FORGET IT. It's difficult to navigate the cursor. What's up with that? Worst game ever.

 
Ask70
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
7 Posts

Re:Welcome to AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar forum

[Post New]by Ask70 on Jul 14, 10 3:02 PM
I could really need some help with the lemur in Madagaskar. I have a hearing disability that makes me unable to tell where sounds come from. I have tried both speakers and headset - even cranked it up 'till my scull vibrated to try to 'feel' the sound - but no success. I'm firmly stuck in the jungle..
Help?

 
Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Welcome to AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar forum

[Post New]by Martila on Jul 14, 10 3:09 PM
degreenlee wrote:I couldn't get past the train station and I said FORGET IT. It's difficult to navigate the cursor. What's up with that? Worst game ever.


All you have to do is to press and hold down the left mouse button - then you can turn in any direction. It's not at all difficult and you get get used to it very soon.

 
john_murray2
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

Re:Welcome to AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar forum

[Post New]by john_murray2 on Feb 12, 11 3:14 PM
Hello im having some trouble deciphering this morse code that is in the train shack can any one tell me how to do this so i can get on my way?
Pat

 
Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Welcome to AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar forum

[Post New]by Martila on Feb 13, 11 12:32 AM
john_murray2 wrote:Hello im having some trouble deciphering this morse code that is in the train shack can any one tell me how to do this so i can get on my way?
Pat


First, find a book on the shelf above the bed about the Morse code. It contains the decoding. Don't enter any spaces, dots etc.
There will be a name in the message - this you can also see on a letter on the desk.
But this is an optional puzzle. If you get stuck you can finish the game without it.

 

Re:Welcome to AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar forum

[Post New]by parsona on Feb 15, 11 12:48 PM
hi guys...plzzzz help i'm trying help my mother with this game .....u probaply think i'm so kidish to ask for a security key....plzzz help anyone...i'll be gratefull....she's so impatient haha thnaks a lot

 
Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Welcome to AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar forum

[Post New]by Martila on Feb 15, 11 10:59 PM
Parsona,
the best thing is to use a walkthrough. Do some googling for "The Mysterious Codex" + game boomers + walkthrough. This is a collection containing these episodes (AGON 2 and 3) too. And there is a thread here a little earlier: How to play AGON - useful tips and also one on walkthrough if you check the forum topics for this game (you find them under All game forums).
Good luck

 

Re:Welcome to AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar forum

[Post New]by parsona on Feb 16, 11 3:42 AM
it didn't help but thanks a lot

 
 
 
 
Go to: