bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jun 1, 10 1:31 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

Re:Post any AGON: From Lapland to Madagascar technical issues here only

[Post New]by Momhart on Jun 1, 10 9:56 AM
Out of Range

djoneal
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by djoneal on Jun 1, 10 6:48 PM
Downloaded the demo version. Demo ran for 2 or 3 minutes, then the trial time expired. I seem to be missing about 58 minutes of the trial version!

[Post New]by Dobek1011 on Jun 1, 10 7:26 PM
my game also says out of range

[Post New]by scottishflr on Jun 1, 10 9:07 PM
Mmmmm, seems to be a repeat - mine says "out of range" also. Suggestions anyone?

drivin
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by drivin on Jun 2, 10 7:18 AM
I'm also getting a message box in the middle of the screen that says Input Signal Out of Range. This overlays the game itself making it difficult to play the game.

Edited on 06/02/2010 at 7:22:51 AM PST

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jun 2, 10 3:28 PM
colossal waste of time
can't get out of the letters. (what in the world IS this anyways?) sheesh!

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 2, 10 4:01 PM
I too got stuck in the letters. At any rate, I also could not get the guy to do anything but walk back & forth in front of the station. The cursor/keyboard controls did not work either.

[Post New]by DeepRanger on Jun 2, 10 7:54 PM
I cannot get out of the letters...any keyboard or mouse input is being ignored.

I don't think I'll be getting this game.

clpond53
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by clpond53 on Jun 3, 10 4:22 AM
Ditto - cursor won't change, can't move, etc.

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Jun 4, 10 5:07 PM
I can get out of the letters by using the exit button on the lower left, but, I'm stuck at the station. I'm facing what looks like a water tower and can't go anywhere else.

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 5, 10 12:20 AM
Getting out of the letters:

The letters are on "Dorothy's table". The EXIT button is for getting out of the table view itself. (You cannot exit until the video is running)

To get out of an open letter go to the lower right corner of the screen. There the cursor changes to an arrow pointing downwards. Click in this position.

There are important clues in some letters. To read the next page bring the cursor over the visible part of that page. It becomes a pointing hand and you can click. Same for previous page. Exit in the lower right corner.

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 5, 10 12:28 AM
dregester wrote:I can get out of the letters by using the exit button on the lower left, but, I'm stuck at the station. I'm facing what looks like a water tower and can't go anywhere else.

You have to enter the station office. To turn around press the left mouse button and hold it down while turning the screen. (Make a slow left movement while the screen will turn to the right so you will face the building). There is a door and you can simply enter.

Suggest you have the subtitles on as there will be some verbal hints in the game.

dregester
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by dregester on Jun 6, 10 5:57 PM
OK Thanks for the help I'll give that a try.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jun 10, 10 5:47 PM
I have downloaded this game twice. It takes hours to download it even though I am on a broadband connection and the game file doesn't appear to be that large. Anyway, the bottom line is I have wasted two nights now doing nothing but downloading this game.

When I click on it to start, I get the "Big Fish Games" page, and then it goes to the page that gives the developer's name. Then it goes through a little movie that says something about "someone has been here before" and that now I have to go.

Anyway, when it goes to black to bring up the main menu page, I never get anything but the black. I can hear the music, and if I click on my monitor at a particular place three buttons like old fashioned keyboard keys pop up on the upper right hand corner. If I hit another random place in the blackness on my monitor, the game settings pop up that gives me the option to make the audio louder, get the subtitles, etc.

But, that is all. I can't find anything else when I hunt in the blackness. As I said, I have downloaded twice and it has done the same on both tries. After the little movie, it just goes to black and stays there. Since I can click on a random place on my monitor even though it is nothing but black and still get the settings menu to pop up, that would indicate to me that something is there. I just don't get it. Literally.

What can I do? I am so frustrated. I need a game. I have gone two days now with no game at night. I am about to lose it!

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 11, 10 4:05 AM
Input signal out of range problem - a possible solution:

It seems this may happen under Windows 7 with certain monitors. Try the following:

1. re-install the monitor driver

This may solve the problem. If not:

2. adjust the refresh rate of the monitor in the .ini file manually:

- Open the Application Data dicrectory under the given user
- You should see there a folder named Private Moon Studios\AGON_Bfg
- Open the AGON.ini file in that folder in any text editor
- Search for DesiredRefreshRate setting and overwrite its value (decrease it as required)
- Save the new settings
(Before you do that it may be useful to make a backup copy of the file somewhere to make sure you can restore the original setting).

Hope this will help.

Edited on 06/11/2010 at 4:07:30 AM PST

[Post New]by CaymanTurtle on Jun 11, 10 6:58 AM
Was just playing the game with the tribe chief and received an error message that the game had stopped working. Restarted and discovered I had lost all progress in game from the last autosave. Not sure if this will be a continuing problem - will let you know when I get back to the chief's tent and start playing again.

[Post New]by cellar_rat68 on Jun 13, 10 10:04 PM
scottishflr wrote:Mmmmm, seems to be a repeat - mine says "out of range" also. Suggestions anyone?

Did it say "frequency out of range"? I get that on a lot of games. According to what I've read, that means the screen resolution of your monitor is too low. I was told I'd have to get a monitor with higher screen resolution for the games to work. If anyone knows another way I'd sure like to know.

[Post New]by Gamsetter_com on Jun 13, 10 10:39 PM
cellar_rat68 wrote:
scottishflr wrote:Mmmmm, seems to be a repeat - mine says "out of range" also. Suggestions anyone?

Did it say "frequency out of range"? I get that on a lot of games. According to what I've read, that means the screen resolution of your monitor is too low. I was told I'd have to get a monitor with higher screen resolution for the games to work. If anyone knows another way I'd sure like to know.

I get the same and my resolution is 1920x1440 (including an appropriate wide screen).
What do they want me to use? A huge screen for public viewing????

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Jun 14, 10 1:37 AM
cellar_rat68 wrote:

An "input signal out of range" message is more likely in this game, especially on Win7 with certain monitors. A possible solution for this problem is described in this topic above.

Edited on 06/14/2010 at 1:38:57 AM PST

Go to: